PDA

View Full Version : Willa scared her mom (and it's mom's fault)

cats4ever
06-04-2017, 01:56 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that Willa's appetite started decreasing, and then, one week ago, she started having horrible diarrhea. The diarrhea is usually a sign that her IBD is acting up, and she gets a steroid injection.
Her not eating well also meant that she didn't get the full doses of her medicines (bloodpressure, anti-nausea and appetite stimulant) which are mixed in her food. Whenever I medicate her with a syringe she starts gagging and spitting up everything. So the meds in the food were a good option, until she refused to eat.
I took her to see her vet. She had lost some weight (she's less than 6.5lbs) and her bloodpressure was out the roof. Amazingly, her bloodwork was normal (she turned 20 one month ago).
She got a steroid injection, and I started medicating her orally again on Friday evening (which went better than expected).
I feel horrible that I let this go out of hand:(, and I have apologized to Willa many times.
The good news: She's back to normal (even the poop) after 2 days of rigorous treatment.
Willa, I am so sorry I put you through this!

mon
06-04-2017, 03:55 PM
C'mon now...very obvious that you go above and beyond for your beloved Willa! Quit being hard on yourself, it so uncalled for. I'll bet Willa would agree too! Have a chocolate cupcake, a foot massage and a dirty martini, you deserve it! Or whatever you fancy, I enjoy those 3 things so that's what sprung to mind :love:

cats4ever
06-04-2017, 04:52 PM
C'mon now...very obvious that you go above and beyond for your beloved Willa! Quit being hard on yourself, it so uncalled for. I'll bet Willa would agree too! Have a chocolate cupcake, a foot massage and a dirty martini, you deserve it! Or whatever you fancy, I enjoy those 3 things so that's what sprung to mind :love:

Thank you!!! I'll have that Martini. And Willa is sending you one of her sloppy kisses.;)

phesina
06-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Hugs to you, Heidi, and pets to dear Willa, who is doing so much better now, and to all your other kitties, too!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
06-05-2017, 12:27 AM
So glad she is feeling better! Hugs to you both!

LeonilCraig
06-05-2017, 03:49 AM
I'm glad to hear that she's okay. Hugs a both of you.

mon
06-05-2017, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the big sloppy kiss Willa!! Xoxo

Freedom
06-05-2017, 09:17 AM
We aer all pet parents here; and we know how it goes. Don't be so hard on yourself; dealing with pet health issues is tough; they can't tell us how they feel. And all of us on here know how much you do for Willa and all the others there.

Good to hear things have settled back to routine!

cassiesmom
06-05-2017, 11:44 AM
Hugs to you, Heidi, and pets to dear Willa, who is doing so much better now, and to all your other kitties, too!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

From me, too! Pets all around! I am glad Willa is doing much better!

tatsxxx11
06-05-2017, 01:07 PM
What a fright!:( But honestly, a kitty could only hope for a mom as devoted and committed, as caring as you!!! Talk about doing all that is possible, and then some! I'm just so relieved for you and for Willa, that she's back on track! Phew! Please give your beautiful baby some gentle strokes and a kiss for me!

cats4ever
06-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Thank you so much everybody for your kind words! It is very comforting to hear this from you guys because you all understand how we feel about our pets:love:,

phesina
06-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Dear Heidi, you do so very much for your kitties and for so many other kitties and other critters too. Bless you!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy