PDA

View Full Version : My left wrist - what to wear (pilling question)?

Catty1
05-23-2017, 10:24 AM
So...Cole and I have been doing well with his pilling.

I put him on the bathroom counter and use the pill popper. He will often rest his left paw on my upturned left wrist. Although he doesn't scratch me deliberately I have quite a few lacerations there. Like - ones that bleed a bit and a couple of them have been hit twice!

He'll be getting pills for several months more at least. I wrapped a tensor bandage around the area this morning and it worked ok. I'd like to get some wristband/leather fingerless glove/wide titanium bracelet etc to wear.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

Karen
05-23-2017, 10:29 AM
Go to your local thrift or second-hand store, and se what cool funky bracelets are available. Or, have a mitten or glove that has lost its mate? Cut the hand portion off and you have a perfect wrist cover!

cats4ever
05-23-2017, 10:45 AM
Cats and pills...:(
Is there any chance at all that Cole would take his pill in a treat? Or could the pill be crushed, dissolved in water or broth and then given to him with a syringe? Or mixed in a little canned food?
If those aren't options, I like Karen's suggestion.

Catty1
05-23-2017, 12:27 PM
Cole got wise to pill pockets and pills in food a long time ago lol! Also, his chemo pill is not allowed to be crushed or cut.

I'll see if I have a leathery type of glove - something thick enough - without its mate. Good idea!

Thanks! :)

maid25cats
05-23-2017, 08:14 PM
cut an old sock ,use the upper elastic part like a wristband and if its long enough you can fold it over and double it. A mans sock might be better like the calf length ones?

Catty1
05-24-2017, 09:16 AM
I've been using the long top of a sport sock with the stretchy end - thing is it's a bit too thin and moves around easily.

I found a leather glove that was missing its mate. I cut the finger parts down and it's perfect! It's a right hand glove, but I just wear it upside down. Works beautifully!

Thanks everyone for all your help. :):love:

phesina
05-24-2017, 09:33 AM
That's great, Candace. Ideal solution!

:love::love::love::love:

Karen
05-24-2017, 11:14 AM
Excellent. glad we could all help!