PDA

View Full Version : Petsitting for the holidays

aly
12-23-2002, 12:13 AM
Anyone else doing any petsitting this holiday? I have two different petsitting jobs, both starting tomorrow and lasting a week. I'm a bit nervous about dividing my time between both houses plus my own babies. I'll be going to each house three times a day because there are dogs at each one that need to be let out (no doggie doors). At one house there's 2 dogs and at another there's a dog and a cat. The one dog is one that I know VERY well because she was adopted at my work after being there for a year!!!!!! She's met my dogs before so whenever I go over to spend time with her, I'll most likely take my dogs with me. I'll post pics!

Oh and the house with the two dogs, please pray those dogs don't eat me :eek: Heh, I think I'll be fine but they are sort of aggressive dogs (one fear aggressive and one just wacky). I've been over several times this week though to get them used to me while the owners were there. I'm still a bit scared.

AmberLee
12-23-2002, 12:18 AM
Good luck! Fingers and paws crossed for you here.

Cookiebaker
12-23-2002, 05:15 AM
Ooh best of luck, Aly...I love dogs, but am very afraid of agressive ones, so I know what you mean. But they probably will be so glad to see *somebody* they will lick you to death. :rolleyes: Can't wait to see pictures!!

Rottieluver45
12-23-2002, 10:15 AM
I`m not petsitting,but good luck!

luckies4me
12-23-2002, 10:57 AM
I am also Pet Sitting, starting in a few hours and lasting til NewYears!:eek: I will be watching Simon and his Sister, two adorable kitty cats. They are my second set of furbabies.

And then there is their grumpy older sis, who doesn' want anything to do with anybody. She too is a cat, a cute calico kitty. So I get to clean out the litter box (joy!) and give them bunches of attention, which isn't hard. Simon and his sis are over here all the time anyway, they practically live here, lol!:rolleyes: Simon always runs into the house, and he goes straight for the food. :rolleyes: He's such a funny kitty. I will take some pics of the kitty cats today or this week, whenever I have time. I do have a few of Simon already, but I don't know if they are small enough to upload here. Let me see.....

Ok, here is a pic of Simon. I have no pisc of his sis and step sis so I need to take some still...Hope you think he's cute!:D

luckies4me
12-23-2002, 10:59 AM
Here is one of Simon and Dylan.:)

aly
12-23-2002, 01:26 PM
Look at me! I'm still in one piece!!!!! Hehe. First visit to the house with the 'undersocialized' dogs went very smoothly. I had the shy one in my lap even :D The other one I was pretty sure would do fine with me and she did. Just some barking and growling when I first came in the door but they calmed down quickly. Now I'm off in a few minutes to go see Carmen!!! YAY!

Here's a pic of Carmen when she was still at my shelter:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/p2bf31c7b6d8988b854ea16275e4b5301/fd564448.jpg

And here's the cage card I made her before she was adopted:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/pf4952775cb33077d1f30fffc0368de40/fce669fb.gif

Kfamr
12-23-2002, 01:28 PM
Awwwwww! Carmen is adorable!

anna_66
12-24-2002, 09:08 AM
Glad to hear things are going well! I'm so glad these pets will have someone to spend a little time with them for christmas!:D

Cincy'sMom
12-24-2002, 03:43 PM
Starting Frioday we will be dog sitting!!! I'm not sure how many yet, but my parents are going to visit my sister in Texas. They are thinking of taking Dazzi and Snoopy and leaving Taggert and Oreo with us! In 13 years, Oreo has never stayed anywhere else, so it could be interesting!!!