PDA

View Full Version : Possum rats

firefox2
12-22-2002, 11:53 PM
Here are some pictures that I took today of our two male possum faced rats. Their names are Mac and PC. First pictures are of Mac :D

firefox2
12-22-2002, 11:54 PM
Mac on the loose :)

firefox2
12-22-2002, 11:55 PM
last one of Mac.

firefox2
12-22-2002, 11:57 PM
and PC :D

Uabassoon
12-22-2002, 11:57 PM
Mac is so cute!!

firefox2
12-22-2002, 11:59 PM
PC again

firefox2
12-23-2002, 12:00 AM
last one of PC.

firefox2
12-23-2002, 12:01 AM
I love this picture, last one.....the 2 boys together :D

aly
12-23-2002, 12:08 AM
AWWWWWWWW I love that last pic too!

CathyBogart
12-23-2002, 02:39 AM
Those are GORGEOUS rats! OOC, do you have the website/info of a breeder?

Tina
12-23-2002, 08:33 AM
They are so cute!!

firefox2
12-23-2002, 10:13 AM
Here is the website of the breeder that the boys came from:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/ayri/
The boys sister is on the front page of the site. Looking through the site, it seems as if the boys father has since passed away, and that she has bought another male from her "sister rattery" in Idaho. The rattery in Idaho is linked to her site, and called Curly Whisker Rattery. i have 2 does from them, a himi dumbo and a blue self dumbo, so if you want pictures, reference, or whatever, let me know. The rats that we got from both ratteries are really nice and sweet and healthy :)

Desert Arabian
12-23-2002, 05:01 PM
:D How cute!! :D I have never heard of possum rats. My mom and I like to say our Dumbo boy, Oscar, is a badger face:

http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/BadgerBoy.jpg

firefox2
12-24-2002, 12:26 AM
He's cute :D

luckies4me
12-24-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by firefox2
Here is the website of the breeder that the boys came from:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/ayri/
The boys sister is on the front page of the site. Looking through the site, it seems as if the boys father has since passed away, and that she has bought another male from her "sister rattery" in Idaho. The rattery in Idaho is linked to her site, and called Curly Whisker Rattery. i have 2 does from them, a himi dumbo and a blue self dumbo, so if you want pictures, reference, or whatever, let me know. The rats that we got from both ratteries are really nice and sweet and healthy :)

I was so pleased to see that you got your rats from Ayri and Michelle. Their ratteries are awesome. If you go to Ayris site, and look at Poutporri, she came from me! hehe Her name used to be Cocoa. All rats from Michelle and Heather and Ayri are very healthy indeed, and not to mention cute!

You do have to check out Ayris agouti and her Gambians though, they are just awesome! Her agouti is actually a very rare color called "greenback", which are very hard to find. I chat with Ayri and Michelle on msn Messenger. Ayri may come visit me soon, yippeee!!!!!:D

But you know.....I also breed, lol! My site is not finished yet but check it out anyway, and sign the guestbook please!
my rattery link (http://www.geocities.com/luckies4me/index.html)

luckies4me
12-24-2002, 01:39 AM
Firefox:

Are those Russian blues? It is hard to tell from the pic. :confused:

firefox2
12-24-2002, 08:26 AM
no, they are silver black. That was what the breeder classified them as.

firefox2
12-24-2002, 08:33 AM
I just read the past posts LOL. I figured you would know Ayri and Michelle LOL, the rattie circle seems to be close knit. We don't breed our rats, they are just here for the cuddles. We don't know enough about rattie genetics to breed them. We have 5 rescue rats, then we have a total of 9 rats from breeders. 5 are from a local breeder (4-H) I believe, and they are all boys, and big and healthy like PC and mac, and then we have Ida and Gem from Michelle, we bought them from her when she was at the rat show in Victoria in January. :D

luckies4me
12-24-2002, 10:58 AM
Yep we are a close nit bunch, but when someone disagrees watchout, lol! We rat people seem to over react about every little thing. Well I don't, but most people do, lol. :p

I wish I could go to a Canadian show, but I don't drive so I have to settle for the RPNW shows. Which hopefully I will be attending the one next March, and could possibly have more tailess babies then, so.....keeping fingers crossed. :)

Silver Black, lol! It is so hard to tell from pictures! I love silver blacks and my first buck was a silver black dumbo blazed husky. Let me see if I have a pic!

luckies4me
12-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Oh, he was a berkshire too, lol! Isn't he cute!!!!:D

firefox2
12-24-2002, 11:14 AM
He's sweet. And we have 2 male rats that look like the picture of the baby in your signature as well. I don't have any great pictures of them though :(