PDA

View Full Version : My yellow-marbled tabby

wayne0214
12-22-2002, 03:36 PM
Today I adopted a marbled- orange/yellow tabby male, the same one that was mentioned in a previous post.. As soon I brought him home, he was kept in his carrier until I could see how the others would react to him. Most of them paid no attention, but instead of watching him, they came to me to see what I was doing! Like, "ho hum, another furkid"! So, I let him out of his carrier and Fawn began to hiss at him, like he does with all new additions to the family, but the others have accepted him. This will be the end of my adopting activities (I think). I havn't named him yet. Thinking of "Christmas".

tatsxxx11
12-22-2002, 04:04 PM
Congratulations, Wayne!! He sounds like such a sweetie:) And I think Christamas is a wonderful name!!! Keep us updated on all the new additions!

NoahsMommy
12-22-2002, 04:05 PM
Yes Wayne! Christmas would be a wonderful name!!!

So, how old is he? Does he seem like a lap kitty?

jenluckenbach
12-22-2002, 05:50 PM
Great news Wayne. A yellow male, he ought to be a real love bug...I'll bet. And I do know that "ho hum, it's another cat" look that I get from the older kitties.:D

wayne0214
12-23-2002, 04:47 AM
I don't know how old Christmas is, perhaps 3 years, as his papers I left in the truck last night. Yes, he is definitely another lap kitty.. He has traits like Happy, becuase when I pick him up he immediately begins to purr, and goes limp. In fact, he is laying next to the keyboard this morning. Like Happy, he ignores all the hisses and growls from the others. He is the first one wanted when I first went to the shelter. I cannot get over the color of his coat. It is so pretty! He is a marbled tabby, that looks like the Ocelot wild-cat of central America, but has white underneath.

.......wayne

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2002, 10:44 PM
Congrats on your new addition. He sounds like a beautiful cat. I'd love to see pics of him. I also like the name Christmas or you could just call him Chris for short. :)

kimlovescats
12-24-2002, 12:42 AM
Congratulations on your new Christmas baby!!!

Uabassoon
12-24-2002, 03:53 AM
Congrats on your new kitty! Is Christmas the cat you were talking about that looks like Corkscrew?

wayne0214
12-24-2002, 04:44 AM
Uabasoon, Yes, he definitely appears like Corkscrew, with his "Ocelot stripes" and patches. I have seen furkids with this kind of orange/yellow fur-pattern before, but I thought that "owning one" would be highly improbable, because of the rarity of the coat, yet, I didn't realize about this until I got him home. :)

...........wayne

moosmom
12-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Wayne,

That's usually the consensus from my cats when I bring a new one home. When I brought Eli home, I didn't introduce him to them till I got a clean bill of health from the vet. Once he was let out, the cats looked at him and went back to sleep. Didn't seem to impressed at all. He's doing great and I wish the same for your new kitty!

Pictures please :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good luck and Merry Christmas!