PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #632. Like it's supposed to be SPRING.....

RICHARD
04-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Tired of hearing about snow and rain....

I want it to be spring....Iced tea, gin and tonics, for everyone!!!!!

Karen
04-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Aww, it is supposed to be warm here tomorrow - pouring rainy but over 55°F! And so tomorrow the last of the snow pile should be gone, theoretically, anyway!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Here my lilacs are blooming but it got into the 30s last night. Seems Kansas is as confused about the seasons as the rest of the country this year. ;)

I very stupidly fell the other day. Lucky for me it was on thick carpet. Now I'm stove up with an 80 pound delivery of cat litter coming this afternoon. Can I have some hot tea with a little 'kick' in it to get me going? :D

Lady's Human
04-10-2015, 10:54 PM
It's FAR too early in the year for the Red Sox for me to already need the pepto...

On an upside, the temperature here is almost normal for April. Should be ready to till in a month or so.:rolleyes:

Karen
04-12-2015, 05:56 PM
I saw circuses today - in real life! That must count for something, right?

The dormant grass is slowing getting ever-so-slightly greener by the day and it was 67°F earlier - warmer than it has been for many, many, many months!

I think this spring thing might be happening! Tea and scones to celebrate, anyone?

Queen of Poop
04-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Chai tea, Karen?

Windy and cool here today. Made for a challenging 19 km (11.8 miles) run. It's starting to green up though.

Karen
04-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Chai tea, Karen?

Windy and cool here today. Made for a challenging 19 km (11.8 miles) run. It's starting to green up though.

Gladly - just brewed a pot - plenty to share! I saw the first crocuses today, where there were still lingering snowbanks last week!

Lady's Human
04-13-2015, 12:49 PM
Lost the stupid headline thread, but it's apropos in a bar...

Binghamton man crashes car into building with .26 BAC

Someone needs to get the building to an AA meetings, Stat!

Karen
04-13-2015, 03:29 PM
Lost the stupid headline thread, but it's apropos in a bar...

Binghamton man crashes car into building with .26 BAC

Someone needs to get the building to an AA meetings, Stat!

Hee hee - who knew buildings even had blood, never mind a Blood Alcohol Level! ;)

Lady's Human
04-14-2015, 05:44 AM
What was really funny is the TV station evidently has editors with thin skins...

They closed the comments section and removed the comments about the headline, but left the headline as-is.

cassiesmom
04-20-2015, 01:35 PM
This week's forecast for the Chicago area is highs in the low to mid-50s F, night time lows in the 30s F. Dear Mother Nature, I just put my plants out on the balcony. I guess I'll have to move them back inside. It's grey and rainy today and I'm drinking tea. I'll put the hot water kettle back on.

Karen
04-20-2015, 04:05 PM
This week's forecast for the Chicago area is highs in the low to mid-50s F, night time lows in the 30s F. Dear Mother Nature, I just put my plants out on the balcony. I guess I'll have to move them back inside. It's grey and rainy today and I'm drinking tea. I'll put the hot water kettle back on.

Oh, good - it is rainy here today, not too cold, just 45°F (7°C) but tea is definitely welcome! I have some banana bread to share if anyone wants some!

cassiesmom
04-22-2015, 06:12 PM
There are frost warnings posted for the Chicago area tonight. Only in Chicago can you go from not even needing a sweater outside to wearing a winter coat in the same week. Drinking tea again today and this time it's English Breakfast. I'll keep the hot water on the burner.

phesina
04-22-2015, 08:43 PM
I was so excited yesterday because I was finally starting to see some trees just beginning to bud. I love the way that looks like there's a faint green haze around the branches.

The temperature was below freezing last night, the same predicted for tonight. There were snow flurries this afternoon.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-26-2015, 07:49 PM
Has the bar been closed? Seems forever since this one was started:love:

Karen
04-26-2015, 09:32 PM
I think we need to send the Orc on a search a retrieve mission .... You open a new one, and I get the remote for the Orc and check its batteries!