PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared!

luckies4me
12-22-2002, 01:58 PM
I have been having blood in my mouth all morning and even big clots! My mouth tastes awful and my breath reaks. Do any of you know what this could be caused from. I haven't had a bloody nose, at least that I know of. I mean, I didn't wake up with blood on my pillow. It won't stop and blood keeps leaking into my mouth. :(

I don't know where it is comming from, if it is comming from my lungs or from my nose or what. I am so scared, what if I have something weird? :(

Anyone else ever had this problem? Please help!:confused: :eek:

boscibo
12-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Go to the doctor - NOW! is my advice. Blood in the mouth is scary.

luckies4me
12-22-2002, 02:26 PM
Well I am without a car. I am going to call Dan at work and see if he can come home and take me. It seems to have stopped for the most part, but I can still taste it in my mouth.

Also, I have had a little cold the past week, I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. But yes, I am going to try to go to the doctors. I have to go to the Emergency Room though. :(

tatsxxx11
12-22-2002, 02:34 PM
You may have a bloody nose, sinus that's draining down the back of your throat, into your mouth. BUT what you need to do is GET TO THE DR! And please, let us know how you are!!! We're thinking of you!

luckies4me
12-22-2002, 03:23 PM
Thank you! I am going to go in one hour, after Dan gets off work.

Rottieluver45
12-22-2002, 03:41 PM
I hope you`re ok! Good luck!

HoRsELUvR
12-22-2002, 04:42 PM
I agree that you should go to the doctor.Any unexplained case should be looked at.I think you'll be ok if you go to the doctor,don't worry.:)

tatsxxx11
12-22-2002, 07:23 PM
I hope you're ok:confused: I'm a nurse, so I know those ER "visits" can be very long. Please let us know how you're doing when you can. Sandra

Cookiebaker
12-22-2002, 07:25 PM
Luckies, that sounds really scary, and I hope you are going to be OK. Please give us an update when you can. I hope it's nothing serious! :eek:

luckies4me
12-22-2002, 07:28 PM
Well it seems like I have a sinus infection which has been irritating my nose a bit, making it bleed slightly inside but not enough to consider it a bloody nose....... so I guess I was bleeding in there but I didn't know. I know my nose has been very dry lately, and I have had a slight cold and a huge headache!!! Yesterday I thought I was getting the flu, but the aches went away.

So I think I will be ok. There is no more blood and I am sure the blood was just comming from my nose and draining into my mouth. Yuck!!! :rolleyes:

And I seriously thought I had HANTA VIRUS, because of the wild mice I am around. But after reading about the symptoms I didn't see any that said bleeding or anything, so I should be ok. :)

luckies4me
12-22-2002, 07:30 PM
But I didn't go to the doctors because it stopped bleeding. I think it is just blood from my nose. Could it bleed when I blow my nose? My nose is very dry and we have the heater going most of the time because it is so cold. Dan didn't come home, he went to go buy me some Christmas gifts!:D

But I have also had trouble breething lately too. And I am freaking myself out about it! I don't know why my body is doing this, urrgh! It is hard to convince Dan to take me to the hospital, after his grandfather died he doesn't like being there at all. :( And now that my insurance just ran out I am afraid of another costly bill. :( I should go anyway.......

But the breathing thing is worrying me. I have been this way for about two weeks, maybe a bit longer. I have started to use arosol (sp?) hairspray, don't know if that has anything to do with it.....

The Hanta virus site said something about breathing but nothing about bleeding. I let the mouse go to by the way. :( He was scaring me too much.

sammi
12-22-2002, 07:45 PM
Run some steamy shower water or boil some on the stove. Check out a web site that can help you more (health - respitory)

RockyRoad
12-22-2002, 08:34 PM
I really do not know what to do to help, but I hope you get better. I hate hospitals too..too many scary memories for me. Aerosol(SP) is one of the biggest inhalents(SP?) out there. Not that you are gunna go and inhale it, but maybe that could be it. But I'm no doctor, and of course I have never had anything like this, but it does sound scary and I do hope it is not something serious and you get better real soon. I bet you can guess what's coming: A candle will be lit for your recovery tonight;)

Karen
12-22-2002, 09:00 PM
Please do go to the hospital. Tell Dan he can wait in the car ... but you are important, and he and Dylan need you, so you should get it checked out. Blood inside your mouth is scary, and not normal. Better safe than sorry, especially with Christmas coming. Go to the hospital, or at least call your doctor - most doctors have emergency numbers where they can be reached at any time. Everything about your head area is vital, so it is nothing to take chances with, okay?

I don't want to scare you, but you should get it checked out.

Kfamr
12-22-2002, 09:14 PM
I agree with Karen.

P.S- Blood tastes awful!:eek:

COCatMama
12-22-2002, 10:42 PM
how much blood was it? could be post-nasal drip after your cold. or maybe you coughed so much you irritated your throat really bad. do you use electric heat? that's really drying. Poor thing, get better soon! it's CHRISTMAS in a couple of days!!! And I am pretty sure you don't have the hanta virus :D

luckies4me
12-23-2002, 11:07 AM
I know, I just always think the worse. :rolleyes:

But I still have this breathing problem and it is really getting to me. Dan is at work all day today so I am going to see if his dad can take me into the hospital.

Yes we do have electric heating and the heater is on all day so.....My nose is very dry. It started running yesterday too!:( I knew I was going to be sick on Christmas, urrgh! I guess now I can rant and rave like a kid and say......."It's not fair!!!!!!!!!!".

And I have been sneezing like crazy. :( I better get better soon. I do not want to be in bed on Christmas. :mad:

firefox2
12-23-2002, 11:20 AM
What a scarey thing to have happen. If you are feeling flu like symptoms, you probably do have a sinus and/or a chest infection, and antibiotics would clear it up. You need to see a doctor so it doesn't turn into pneumonia though :(

luckies4me
12-23-2002, 11:32 AM
I was a bit achy for a few days but that passed. I don't think it is the flu but indeed a cold. My colds always seem to last about three weeks (three weeks of hell!) and then go away. I did have pneumonia when I was younger and was actually hospitalized. My breathing feels more like asthma, but I haven't had problems with this since I was a child. :confused:

I can feel the shortness of breath more in my throat than my chest, if any of you have had this feeling? It's kind of like someone has a slight grip around your throat. Yep, that's what it feels like. It's like I have a burp that cannot come out or something. It's really weird. maybe it is a buildup of mucous? :confused: Well wish me luck.

Karen
12-23-2002, 12:05 PM
Good luck at the hospital, I do hope Dan's Dad can take you. If you see a doc today, at least they can give you something to maybe make you feel slightly better and you can enjoy Christmas.

Being in a really dry house can cause nosebleeds, but not blood in your mouth. Asthma can feel like your throat is closing, getting clogged, even if it's your lungs that are worse off, and it's nothing to mess with either way.

NoahsMommy
12-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I can feel the shortness of breath more in my throat than my chest, if any of you have had this feeling? It's kind of like someone has a slight grip around your throat. Yep, that's what it feels like.
This is a sign of stress....it happens to me during finals and anything were I am in a stressful situation that lasts days/weeks.

You other symptoms sounds like a cold or allergy symptoms.

You really need to get some medical help...your son needs a healthy mommy.

tatsxxx11
12-23-2002, 03:52 PM
Get yourself to the Dr.!!! You'll feel SO much better when you know what's going on and get some treatment! We want you to have a good Christmas!:) Now, GO!