PDA

View Full Version : We are moving

fritz03
04-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Within the next month,we are moving where we have been and I have grown up for 52 years,most likely to an apartment or condo.Our neighbors house went for $346,000,next to my Uncles,house went for $317,000,one by the Catholic school went for $327,000 and another similar to ours on the Crescent will be listed at $324,900.Mom is getting older,felt itis the right time to sell.We have a neighbor who is a realtor lives up the street from us,parents go to our church.She is single with 2 girls,one going to College next year.She came last night to look it over,showed us some that have already been sold and 2 that aren't,not like ours.Mom would like to get $350,000.We are going to wait and see what the house around the Crescent sells for.Mom and Marlene are going with the realtor next Thursday to look at some apartments.We have a bin coming from our neighbors dad,they are moving to Newcastle,East of here.Bin is $150 to drop off and whatever the cost of dumping it will be.It will be sad leaving here,this is Mom's decision and I will support her.It will have to be dog friendly,I guess most apartments are.

cassiesmom
04-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Barry and your mom, I hope you find a perfect place! That is a big change. My parents moved a little over a year ago from the house where I'd grown up. It is a big house, built in 1928, and it was a lot of work as far as the yard, gutters, storm windows and screens, the garage, snow shoveling, and all the maintenance. They moved to a condominium. I wasn't happy about it at first but they are on one level now, no stairs, no snow removal or big projects. You will find another place and it will still be full of love and family. :D

Thinking of you,
Elyse

Karen
04-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Start throwing things away now! Room by room, go through and figure out what is worth keeping for the move, and what is not, that way when the weather is nice you can have yard sales!

fritz03
04-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Despite us moving,I am still doing lawns,i will be storing my things at my Uncles,sold his car,he doesn't drive anymore and he needs someone to his since his grandson a dad for the 2nd time last week and won't have time.At one time,we stored his snow blower,he didn't have a shed so returning the favor.

Freedom
04-03-2015, 06:39 PM
That is a big change, for all of you. I am sure your mom gave careful thought to this before making her decision. I am glad you will support her in this.

As you may know, I have been clearing out and fixing up the house where I grew up, for about 2 years now. Since it is an hour and a half drive one way, this has been a challenge. Finally the end is near, and I think I will be moving in by end of April. Then I have to get my house sold. I am so tired of driving back and forth, having the dogs with me and the cats in the other house. I want us all together. You will have that, Barry, you and your mom and Heidi. So this is a nice thing to think about.

I have been selling things on craigslist and throwing out 7 to 11 bags of trash weekly. What a time! And dealing with the contractors is not fun either. Having an apartment or condo will be much easier for you and your mom to maintain.

mon
04-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Huge change, don't worry. Soon it will be alright, it really will.

kaycountrygal
04-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Good Luck to you! As long as you can keep your pet(s) safe and happy, I'm sure you'll be ok.

fritz03
04-07-2015, 03:16 PM
http://s6.postimg.org/6tya9h4dd/junkbin1.jpg
http://s6.postimg.org/r2lnv73oh/junkbin2.jpg
http://s6.postimg.org/f207ugw9t/junkbin3.jpg
Here is the dumpster full of junk from all over the house.I started on Saturday around quarter to 8 and was close to 2 when I got done for the day.Started with the shed and garage Saturday and since cleaning junk from the house.We have set some things aside for a yard sale,maybe on the weekend.

fritz03
04-10-2015, 04:15 PM
We went apartment looking yesterday,my sister came as well.We looked at two styles of apartments,one is square and the rectangular shaped.the first one all kinds of storage space a small kitchen with appliances,what would be the living area is about as big as our kitchen,bedrooms are big enough and there is a bathroom and shower,the second one had people still there,they are moving out,not too much light coming in as the first one.The first is being rented to someone else,there are two others,one on the 6th floor and one on the seventh,the man has to ring his wife to look them over,which one he doesn't take we will.Mom and are going at 10 Monday morning,she has sign a lease I guess,$1250 a month,have to pay 25 dollars a month more for an extra parking space.the laundry is different here,you take it to a laundry and it is $2 a load for washing and drying.Dogs are okay,just as long as they are not bigger than the Manager's Golden Doodle Rosie which we saw there,nice looking dog,friendly too. May have a yard sale next week,what doesn't go will go in the bin.We are still waiting for a house around the crescent to go on sale,still has the Coming Soon sign on then we will have a better idea of what to list it at.They are asking $324,500 which is low on purpose to get a bidding war going and get a better price.The apartment building is called Devonshire Place which is ion Liberty Street South,not a 5 minute walk from our house and you can see the top of it over my Uncle's house.It is a 7 story apartment,I don't like heights but will bet used to it.so will Mom and Heidi,a big change.Still some things to clear out here.It may not be until the end of June before go depending on how fast this one sells,generally there is a 60 day closing period.When the house gets listed,I will provide the link to it.

fritz03
04-24-2015, 08:00 PM
http://s6.postimg.org/weh8xy129/forsale.jpg
The For Sale put up on Wednesday.Showings start on Monday,different realtors bringing in people to see the house including our own realtor up the street,this will last from Monday until Friday,then we look at the offers and choose one.They will call us first to let us know when they are coming then we have to leave the house.Mom asked when different renos were done and what she wants the house listed for.decided on $354,900.Signed a bunch of papers.realtor took measurements of all the rooms and pictures as well.We get posession of our apartment on July 1st,is on the 7th Floor.closing on the house is July 15th.Got all the junk taken away in a dumpster to the tune of $339.Having a yard sale tomorrow from 8-1 for things we can't take with us,including the BBQ,corner cabinets,dishes cups,trays,wreaths,records,Cd's to name some.

Karen
04-24-2015, 08:48 PM
We'll hope you have good weather and plenty of traffic for your yard sale!

cassiesmom
04-26-2015, 12:09 AM
I agree with Karen's wish for your yard sale- good weather and lots of shoppers!