PDA

View Full Version : He learned the hard way

Rocky'smomma
12-22-2002, 11:48 AM
I never thought it would happen but it did..last night steve had the wood stove going because it was sooo cold and it had been going for about a half hour so it was pretty hot on the top of it,,well, Rocky went over to check it out, and was laying by it for a while..I am sure he loved the warmth of it but he decided to jump up on top and OMG it was sooo sad yall...he like flipped out and jumped so high up and off it...It was funny looking but sad because it burned his little feet...just for a split second...he didn't even have time to sit down...poor little guy...i don't think he got any bad burns but he has stayed away from it since....animals, they always have to learn the hard way,,,ya can't just tell him NO..

Rottieluver45
12-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Awww...poor Rocky! I hope he`s ok now!

boscibo
12-22-2002, 02:21 PM
Oh no, poor little Rocky! That would scare me. I remeber when my cat I had as a teenager walked on our stove. She was so furry that it only singed the fur on her paws, but the smell....

This same cat also walked by a candle and burnt the fur on her tail. She was a very furry cat, and we didn't notice until we again smelled burning fur. Luckily, it was only her fur again, she didn't even notice!

Glacier
12-22-2002, 02:51 PM
Oh, I hope Rusty will be alright.

We heat with wood too. A couple winters ago, Pete did the exact same thing. I couldn't decide if I should be laughing or calling the vet--I eventually did both!:eek: Pete has never gone back up on the stove and I swear he has warned the others--no other cat has even considered it!

NoahsMommy
12-22-2002, 04:06 PM
Poor little guy! :( I guess it takes learning the hard way sometimes. Glad he's OK. :)