PDA

View Full Version : Hhmmm was I stood up ? or not?

COCatMama
12-22-2002, 11:12 AM
The cute guy I work with did not show up at the party last night :rolleyes: I was not expecting that to happen, I mean heck he asked me if I was going and said he'd see me there. I have like 0 faith in men anymore....Of course he has no idea I think he's cute, and nor will he know. And I dressed so nicely and everything, blah.

I did get hit on by a bunch of ...erm...losers. One of the truckers was stinkin' drunk and made repeated comments about my um "assets" IN FRONT OF HIS WIFE!! and then my co-worker who is married with THREE daughters was totally trying to hit on me!!! ARGHH. :mad:

But, i did make one friend, a 32 year old Cuban lady who's the wife/GF of one of the drivers, she was real nice and fun to talk to :).

shais_mom
12-22-2002, 07:11 PM
Maybe a family emergency came up. You never know.
Last night I was at a bar and this guy came up and was making over my friend in front of her fiance' then turned to her fiance' and said "lucky guy" and patted him on the back and turned and looked at me and poked me in the stomach. !! :o
I didn't quite know what to do, then later he came up to me and put his arm around me and said "excuse me, but I am looking for my wife" and I said "well what does she look like" and he said "I have no idea, wanna dance?" :confused: :o
I said "nope, gotta pee!"
there are weirdo's everywhere male and female!

aly
12-22-2002, 09:26 PM
Well, I don't think you got stood up. If I was going to a party and asked a male coworker if he was going, it would be an innocent question. I wouldn't think it was a date or anything :confused: :confused: But who knows.. maybe ya did get stood up :(

Soledad
12-22-2002, 10:03 PM
Yeah, he probably meant it casually. Guys can be really obtuse sometimes. I think you should just try to get him to hang out with you. Not necessarily a date, but an after work thing or something.

COCatMama
12-22-2002, 10:27 PM
yikes about that creep at the bar :eek:
I am willing to give The Cutie the benefit of the doubt, for now, A. because he has literally NO CLUE I think he's cute and b. I have not spoken to him....who knows if he will even explain to me why he did not show up. Under no circumstances will I ask him to hang out with me a. Fear of rejection ;) and b. I REFUSE to chase after men anymore!! I will wait for him to make a move, and if he doesn't? his loss :). Although he may find out I think he's cute...I went and blabbed to one of the mechanics whilst i was under the influence, DOH! this sounds SO much like HIGH SCHOOL bwahaha! Anyway I swore the mechanic to secrecy, let's hope he's true to his word. This is kind of fun, really. I am enjoying trying to flirt with the guy ;) I am terrible at flirting, I just end up talking to him like I talk to the rest of the guys. Any suggestions on how to flirt without seeming like a desperate loser? *G*