PDA

View Full Version : The "Magic Rabbit" - ever heard of this critter?

Karen
03-25-2015, 05:24 PM
I stumbled across this article, I do not remember where, but are they not just about the cutest things? I hope they manage to survive and even come back from the brink, they are just fascinating! They are lagomorphs, so related to bunnies and hares, hence the nickname Magic Bunny!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/23/asia/china-endangered-pika/

mon
03-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Have never seen this critter, ever. I sure hope it never becomes extinct as well.

phesina
03-25-2015, 07:00 PM
Oh, that critter is adorable!

Here's hoping and praying that they survive and multiply.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Felicia's Mom
03-25-2015, 08:15 PM
They are sure cute! Hope they don't become extinct.

Karen
03-25-2015, 08:29 PM
I would sooooo adopt some if they could be captured and do everything I could to make sure they multiply! I wonder if that has ever been tried! So little seems to be know about them - but we have areas around here I bet they would like, up in the Berkshires or White or Green mountains!

chocolatepuppy
03-25-2015, 08:59 PM
Cute little guys! Never heard of them!

mon
03-26-2015, 12:22 AM
There are are many places here in lower B.C. that I think they would thrive as well, Kamloops, Alberta and Sask. as well. sometimes foreign critters also introduce new weird diseases that can cause big trouble. More research perhaps, better to be safe than sorry. They are very cute little duffers!

Karen
03-26-2015, 02:52 AM
There are are many places here in lower B.C. that I think they would thrive as well, Kamloops, Alberta and Sask. as well. sometimes foreign critters also introduce new weird diseases that can cause big trouble. More research perhaps, better to be safe than sorry. They are very cute little duffers!

Yeah, they suspect disease may be one of the reasons they are in decline!

Taz_Zoee
03-26-2015, 10:02 AM
They are cute little buggers. But I would not say they are cuter than the panda. ;) But I am partial to panda's, they've always been a favorite of mine.

So sad that they are so rare. I am glad they are hardly ever seen though. Because someone would take them into captivity just to reproduce them and keep them in cages. I wish there was a way to save a species without captivity.

smokey the elder
03-26-2015, 01:47 PM
I'm surprised that as lagomorphs they don't breed like...rabbits (sorry!):p