PDA

View Full Version : Signs of Spring

Karen
03-24-2015, 03:32 PM
I know it will be late coming here this year, although they say the warm-up predicted in the next few days will "cut the existing snowpack in half" ....

What do you regard as signs of spring, and have you seen any yet?

It's also so cold some relatives in Vermont harvested some maple sap for syrup then it got too cold, so they are hoping for it to start up running again!

cassiesmom
03-24-2015, 04:09 PM
Signs of spring in Chicago ...
St. Patrick's Day parades and dyeing the Chicago River green
Baseball! Players go to Arizona for spring training, hope springs eternal (especially for Cubs fans!), then opening day
Road construction season starts full-out, sometimes even before the last of the snow melts
Summertime ice cream stands open for the season
MUD

Karen
03-24-2015, 04:27 PM
You have a "Season" for road construction? Maybe because we endure the Big Dig for so long, I am accustomed to road work 365 day a year!

Lady's Human
03-24-2015, 04:48 PM
We have 4 seasons in upstate New York....

Almost winter, winter, more winter, and road construction.

Taz_Zoee
03-24-2015, 06:06 PM
I live in California, so I won't answer this question since we never had a winter this year!

Karen
03-24-2015, 06:53 PM
I live in California, so I won't answer this question since we never had a winter this year!

I was once in California in late March/early April, and the hillsides were green and golden poppies were blossoming in the thousands on the roadsides. One of the people we were there to see said, "Don't be fooled - this will all be brown and dry in a few weeks, and stay that way until next year!

chocolatepuppy
03-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Mud. That's how I know it's spring.:rolleyes: