PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds really blew it!

momcat
03-20-2015, 09:44 PM
Hi PT friends,
While going through my emails yesterday, I saw something that I think is poor. I don't remember the website but there was a picture of a sign outside of a McDonalds with a message that said:

"No, You Cannot has Cheezburger, You Stupid Cat"

If that was meant to be funny, I totally missed the humor. Those of us owned by cats know how amusing "I Can Has Cheezburger" can be. Not only that, we also know that cats are far from stupid. Was I wrong to be offended by the message on the sign? Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Karen
03-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Hi PT friends,
While going through my emails yesterday, I saw something that I think is poor. I don't remember the website but there was a picture of a sign outside of a McDonalds with a message that said:

"No, You Cannot has Cheezburger, You Stupid Cat"

If that was meant to be funny, I totally missed the humor. Those of us owned by cats know how amusing "I Can Has Cheezburger" can be. Not only that, we also know that cats are far from stupid. Was I wrong to be offended by the message on the sign? Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It did get you to talk about it and point it out to us and mention the store ... It would have been just as effective without the word "Stupid" - if it said "silly" it would have been far less offensive!

mrspunkysmom
03-21-2015, 12:03 AM
I agree with Karen in that McD's gets the publicity either way. Silly would have been much better.

I don't go to McD's any more, but if I did, I would comment to the manager.

chocolatepuppy
03-21-2015, 08:33 AM
I think the word stupid used here is kind of, well, stupid.;) If I saw that at my McDonalds I would complain.
On a better note, check out this commercial from 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSjsEkgs4eQ

catmandu
03-21-2015, 09:26 AM
That is such a funny commercial
The only thing I have at McDonald's is the Mocha Coffee as I know my Angels love whipped cream:love::love::love:

mon
03-21-2015, 11:15 AM
I don't believe it's ever wrong to be offended by something. You either are or you aren't, in this case you were. I don't like it either, no one should be called stupid and certainly not a cat! The advertisement was well...stupid :D;) IMHO of course.

phesina
03-21-2015, 11:33 AM
I agree, the word "stupid" is totally unnecessary and offensive there.

I love the commercial with the fries! So there, take that, stupid human!

RICHARD
03-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Better done as "Save your money, get your hooman to buy you a Cheezburger, Cat!!!"

momoffuzzyfaces
03-21-2015, 05:31 PM
You can tell that who ever thought of that sign did not have a cat!!! Most likley did not even know a cat! If they did they would know cats are much smarter than they are!:D