PDA

View Full Version : A Unusual Day In The Life Of A Indiana Farmer

lizbud
03-07-2015, 05:52 PM
A very sweet story of successful intervention in the life of a baby calf. :)

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/daily-extras/indiana-farmer-uses-hot-tub-to-save-baby-cow?autoplay=true

kuhio98
03-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Awwww. Definitely one of the good guys. Love these kinds of stories.

phesina
03-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Very nice! What a sweet story!

Thank you, Liz.

:love::love::love::love::love:

Felicia's Mom
03-07-2015, 08:19 PM
Very Sweet, thanks for posting.

Karen
03-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Aww, fun! Thanks for posting this! This is the kind of story that need more shares than the negative ones get!

mon
03-08-2015, 03:38 PM
I don't mean to be a killjoy but the farmer is protecting his investment. Am I missing something here, or is he going to sell that calf to a slaughterhouse pretty soon? Real heartwarming, not so bloody much.

pomtzu
03-08-2015, 07:24 PM
I don't mean to be a killjoy but the farmer is protecting his investment. Am I missing something here, or is he going to sell that calf to a slaughterhouse pretty soon? Real heartwarming, not so bloody much.

Some of us prefer to see the positive side of an issue, rather than to drag up the potentially negative aspects. This man chose to save this baby, rather than just let it die. Whatever the future fate is for this little one, it was lucky to know caring and love by the person who saved it from a certain death. IMO - that's all that really matters.

Thanks for posting Liz, and giving most of us a smile. :)

mon
03-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Silly thing to get all happy sappy about IMHO. Which I am entitled to. Please don't bother to comment further. And you don't need to be emberassed that that weebit of decency made ya smile.

Lady's Human
03-09-2015, 07:44 AM
It doesn't say where the calf was going to wind up. Yes, the farmer in part was protecting his investment, but he could have just as easily written off a dying calf as a weather related loss.

He didn't.

Puts the scare stories of PETA in perspective.

I live in farm country. If you see lights on at a farmhouse at o-my-god it's early, it's not normally because the farmer is having a party, it's far more likely that they had to make an emergency call to the vet to take care of one of their animals.

mon
03-09-2015, 10:12 AM
Yes, I am very happy he saved the calf. My Uncle Stan is a horse and pig farmer. Uncle Sulo has cattle, horses and wheat. I get it, I do.

pomtzu
03-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Silly thing to get all happy sappy about IMHO. Which I am entitled to. Please don't bother to comment further. And you don't need to be emberassed that that weebit of decency made ya smile.

Who is embarrassed????? :confused: Not me. And happy/sappy - not that either. Simply saying that is refreshing to see a positive aspect, since it's usually the negative that makes headlines. And if I see fit, I'll continue to comment further and "till the cows come home". :D