PDA

View Full Version : Terrific TaunTaun

Karen
03-06-2015, 03:04 AM
What a cutie you are, TaunTaun - and once we read your brother's name is Wookie, we knew how you got your name, your mom is obviously a Star Wars fan! We are sorry you had such a sad, horrible start to life, but we are glad you were rescued, and with lots of love, food and vet care, are now the happy, healthy playful dog your were always meant to be! How nice you are learning how to be a seizure alert dog, too, so you mom always has some doggie nearby just in case. Seizures are very scary, and we know your very presence is a comfort to her - you let her know when one is about to happen, and then your and your brother taken care of her during and afterwards, too! That's an impotent job, but we know you are up to it! Congratulations, TaunTaun - you are Dog of the Day for the whole world to celebrate. And a reminder to everyone never ever buy a dog that came from a puppy mill, too!

DonnaDWM
03-06-2015, 06:45 AM
Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
What a sad start, but a happy ending.
I love your cute pictures.
Celebrate your special day.

Felicia's Mom
03-06-2015, 08:01 AM
Congrats on being DOTD, handsome TaunTaun.

mon
03-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Taun Taun is a wonderful little dog! What a perfect little soul and solid gold DOTD, every day should be special for the little sweetheart!

tatsxxx11
03-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Greetings precious Pom Taun Taun! Happy Dog of the Day to you, sweetheart, and to your fur bro Wookie and mommy too!:)

What a heartbreaking, heart wrenching, ultimately happy ending rescue story you and your mom have shared with us, sweetheart! Our heartfelt gratitude to your mommy for rescuing you from those awful humans, that so called family who abused and neglected you so horribly! The thought that your suffering only continued after leaving that horrible place, the puppy mill, is almost incomprehensible. Thankfully you found your way to your mommy before it was too late, though I can only imagine the sense of fear she felt after learning how ill you were, suffering from so many potentially deadly conditions! But thanks to her unwavering commitment and your fighting spirit (with a little help from your vet;)), heal you did and oh, just look at you now!:cool:

Your mommy, I'm sad to hear, has her very own most serious health challenges to deal with. But thankfully she has not just one but two therapy dogs to turn to for comfort, assistance, protection and love! Just as she says, you rescued her as much as she did you, and the rest is happy history! How blessed she is, having you in her life, Taun Taun! You're not only a best friend and loving companion, you're her healer, her furry soul mate, her life saver!

Both dogs are extraordinary animals. They've rescued me instead of me rescuing them. They've truly saved MY life.

Thanks to your mommy for sharing your precious self, your inspirational story and all of those heart melting photos with us! You truly are heaven sent, and so very deserving of your big day on center stage! Enjoy it to the max, celebrating with Wookie and your mom, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, precious Taun Taun, Dog of the Day, EVERY day!:love::love::love: (Love to Wookie too! Hopefully his nomination is in the works!:D)

http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2015/March/06.jpg

cassiesmom
03-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Wow, Taun Taun! I am so glad you are healthy and heartworm free! And of course, that you live in a home that is healthy, safe and where you are much loved! You and Wookiee each have a part in helping your person when a seizure happens. Wookiee knows to alert your person beforehand, and you watch closely afterward until your person has had time to recover. You each are good doggie-nurses to your person!
Both dogs are extraordinary animals. They've rescued me instead of me rescuing them. They've truly saved MY life.
You, Wookiee and your person have all rescued one another! Now you are all together and safe! Happy Dog of the Day to beautiful, fluffy Taun Taun, and to Wookiee too!

kaycountrygal
03-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Hello Taun Taun, it's a pleasure to meet you. What a handsome cute dog you are! I can just imagine how devoted you are to your human and vice versa. I am so glad you are now heartworm free and in a home where you are treasured and have an important job if your human has a seizure. It sounds as if all of you need each other. I hope you and Wookiee have many more happy healthy years. Congrats on being DOTD!
To your human: I hope your health stays as good as possible and that you'll have many more years with your sweet furbabies.

bean
03-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Bless you dear TaunTaun.

Your owner helped you and now you are helping back

chocolatepuppy
03-06-2015, 08:55 PM
You're adorable TaunTaun!!!:love: Congrats on being DOTD!:cool:

I hope this has been a special day for you and your person! :D

cindij42
03-09-2015, 03:09 AM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59288[/ATTACHWe could NOT be happier to have TaunTaun as DOTD alongside lil Wookiee now as well - what an honor, THANK YOU so much for ALL of your kind words about my sweet fur baby. He's "two of a kind" & I'm blessed to have found HIM! He's made MY life so much more fulfilling & Wookiee's too - we have such fun times together now each day is a new adventure (albeit, in bed) but we find our ways to hunt the sock monsters, root for squeak toys & play tug-tug on our lil island ;)

It was a long, hard road to get this far, but I wouldn't have traded one single solitary minute of it, because the love I've received from this spirited six year old TaunTaun has come back to me TENFOLD!!! I'm also thankful that I have such an outstanding vet that refused to give up on him as well & allowed me to keep TaunTaun by my side those eight excruciating weeks of his heartworm treatment, instead of in a kennel where he had spent his ENTIRE life :( that option was heartbreaking in & of itself & I refused to allow him to set his paws inside another kennel EVER AGAIN!

THANK YOU AGAIN, each and EVERY SINGLE one of you for your kind words about my sweet, loving, dear lil TaunTaun & making him Dog of the Day as well. It's such an honor & one we will ALWAYS cherish :love: