PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #627. Just PUSH it, Push it GOOD!!!!!

RICHARD
03-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Now, I come from a place where the only time I saw snow was in sno-cones, Slurpees and the stuff inside the freezer walls.

Woke up this morning to about 8 inches of snow......:confused::eek: Maybe more?

So, what better weather to test out a NEW SNOW BLOWER!!!!!

I spent two hours pushing that sucker up and down the driveway - I did some of the neighbor's too...I got my exercise for the next three days, so it's ben gay and a cup of coffee with a triple shot of Kahlua.

The Orc have stoked up the fire for us.........Now, I just have to push past the pets to get close.....

Done!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Been watching about all the vehicles stuck on I 65 in your state on the weather channel today! Sounds like Orc should take them some hot drinks and cookies too!:D

RICHARD
03-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Been watching about all the vehicles stuck on I 65 in your state on the weather channel today! Sounds like Orc should take them some hot drinks and cookies too!:D

MOFF,
Coming from the 'Golden State' and earthquakes country, I always am paranoid about 'preparedness'. Those poor people were stuck for HOURS on the road. Maybe I'll get the Orc to push that blower out there to clear some lanes, We just need to find an extension cord long enough to get there?

Hot drinks and cookies?

DONE!

Queen of Poop
03-05-2015, 07:59 PM
You probably don't want to hear this, but we're having another chinook. Warm temps for the next 7 days and a chinook headache for the duration. Could I get a tea and some Advil please?

cassiesmom
03-06-2015, 03:05 PM
It's supposed to warm up to the 40s F in Chicagoland over the next several days. I'm with Q of P about the Advil and tea because a change in the weather is likely to make my old fracture sites ache again. I'm drinking decaf tea from Trader Joe's grocery, but I have regular tea here too. *heating water for tea*

Karen
03-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Yes, we had another above freezing day here, but that just meant water dripped on still freezing cold sidewalks and formed ice! But it is supposed to be 41°F tomorrow, maybe (it only got up to abut 36°F today, and not for long) we will see what actually happens. many of us are pushing for a gradual thaw to avoid flooding!

I'll take some hot tea, thanks - I have cocoa mix if anyone wants that, and some good stale mini marshmallows, too! Found them in a bowl I had forgotten about in the cupboard, so they are perfect for hot cocoa additions!

Queen of Poop
03-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Beautiful day here, snows all gone 49oF. I think it's iced tea time, anyone?

Karen
03-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Beautiful day here, snows all gone 49oF. I think it's iced tea time, anyone?

We had some melting today, but there is still plenty of snow everywhere - not quite ready for ice tea here!

RICHARD
03-09-2015, 11:31 AM
I have a giant cup of green tea.....temps in the lower 50's with overcast skies......

Thank goodness the 10 inches of snow was powdery.

More hot water?

DONE!

Lady's Human
03-09-2015, 01:48 PM
I'd rather have 10" of powder than the 3" of toothpaste we got last weekend. LOL

I'll take a large hot cocoa, please.

Angel is happy, her sunbeams are back!

RICHARD
03-10-2015, 10:46 AM
I'd rather have 10" of powder than the 3" of toothpaste we got last weekend. LOL

I'll take a large hot cocoa, please.

Angel is happy, her sunbeams are back!

Large hot cocoa....DONE.

There is a bank/snowdrift in the parking lot of the church across the street, the last bits of snow in the area.

It's about 50 and rainy here.

Gonna make some rye toast with Plum jam and butter.......anyone?

DONE!