PDA

View Full Version : My 3 1/2 yr. old pug pees and poops at my boyfriends

RRengo
12-21-2002, 04:15 PM
My 3 1/2 yr. old pug loves to play with my boyfriend's 3 1/2 yr, old golden retriever. If they are left unsupervised in his house, he pees and poops all over. This especially happens downstairs. Sometimes, the quanities are unbelievable. What can I do? My friend recommended that i ask Carrie to reply if possible. Thank-you.

lizbud
12-21-2002, 07:44 PM
Hi,

May I ask how do you know it is your dog who is leaving
the "presents" and not your bf's? Also, how long have the
two dogs known each other ? Just wondering, thanks.

RRengo
12-22-2002, 09:56 PM
The two dogs have known each other for over 2 years, but Otis just started visiting for the whole day or overnight. I am guessing it is Otis because of the size. It happened at least 3 different times. We just got back from this weekend and nothing happened, so I'm hoping maybe he was nervous or adjusting and ithe enviornment is more familiar now. I appreciate any insights or suggestions.

Pam
12-23-2002, 06:06 AM
If Otis is a good boy at other times I would think that "nerves" may be playing a part. After all Otis is in a place other than home and playing with a dog quite a bit larger than he is. Then again I could be totally off the mark here. I am sure Carrie would have many more thoughts on this but unfortunately I haven't seen her around in ages! (By the way....I ADORE pugs!)

lv4dogs
12-23-2002, 02:07 PM
It may be nreves, especially if he is not doing it anymore. Or he may be trying to mark his territory or there may be old accident smells on the carpet & he thinks it is allright as he smells it.

RRengo
12-24-2002, 06:38 AM
Thanks