PDA

View Full Version : Happy new year, Lent and the 35th anniversary of the Miracle on Ice.....Thursday #625

RICHARD
02-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Boy do we have some partying to do?

We can have Chinese food and sno-cones!!!!

I am giving up bad puns for Lent.

------

I went out for an errand to day and am still cold.....

Fire in the Hole....the chimney hole!!!!!

Orc, Put on some water.....we need HOT WATER!!!
DONE!

Karen
02-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Boy do we have some partying to do?

We can have Chinese food and sno-cones!!!!

I am giving up bad puns for Lent.

------

I went out for an errand to day and am still cold.....

Fire in the Hole....the chimney hole!!!!!

Orc, Put on some water.....we need HOT WATER!!!
DONE!

I'll make a pot of tea, just got back from the store - the wind was so strong I decided to put my hood up for the walk to the car, as it was also snowing, and it didn't stay up for a whole second even! Gonna be bitterly cold tonight, and I believe the "wind child well below zero forecast - the temperature is dropping precipitously!

I have spiced hot cocoa available if anyone wants some!

smokey the elder
02-20-2015, 02:51 PM
I'll take that hot cocoa and add some Bailey's to it. So stinking cold lately.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-20-2015, 04:43 PM
We finally got above freezing for the first time in forever!!! 35 sure sounded warm!!! Hot cocoa with lots of fat marshmallows for me please!:)

Karen
02-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Here you go - I had marshmallows in the cupboard, and the Orc had not found them, so hot cocoa with plenty of marshmallows for you!

Karen
02-22-2015, 06:36 PM
We had a melting day today, so very drippy, but now the temperature has dropped. I'll get the kettle on for some tea or cocoa - whatever folks want! Anyone up for some baking?

smokey the elder
02-24-2015, 02:40 PM
-6 deg F this morning...coldest in a decade! The silver lining is that the air was dead still, so it actually felt warmer than it did yesterday.

Karen
02-25-2015, 05:03 PM
I have some hot vanilla chai just brewed, anyone want some?

It was actually above freezing by a whole degree today, plus I got the all clear yesterday for another year with the thyroid cancer - I have no thyroid whatsoever any more, but there is still a chance of the dance reoccurring, apparently - so I get to go for checks every year for the next 4-5 years. So it is still nice to get told everything is fine and normal in one part of my body! I wasn't even consciously worried, but it is another hurdle over with.

Methinks baking will be in order soon ...

phesina
02-25-2015, 08:05 PM
What good news, Karen.. That's wonderful!

I'll have a cup of that hot vanilla chai, thanks, to raise in a toast to you.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: