PDA

View Full Version : Why?!?!

Candy16
12-21-2002, 01:04 PM
I think I've been traumatized. I mean, I knew, eventually, I would have to see it, and maybe better to get it over with now so it wouldn't be such a shock later? I don't know. My hands are shaking so bad right now I can hardly type. This is what happened:

My brother was taking a friend home from school yesterday. I was with them. He was driving kinda fast, but I knew that on the way over I saw a dog on the side of the road. He wouldn't stop then, but said we could stop on the way back. On our way back, there it was. He let me off, and I went cautiously over to the dog, who hadn't moved since I'd seen him the first time. He was laying right on the road, so I pulled him into the median. It was a Rottie puppy, not more than 10 weeks old. Obviously he'd been hit. Completely limp, blood, I could feel his broken ribs and legs. The hardest part was, he was still warm. I couldn't handle it. I ran back to the car, tears streaming, and I was in my room for a while. I just don't know why something like this would happen! Especially now at Christmas!! Yeah, I can't really see the screen now, tears are blurring everything. I'm trying to think positive - maybe he didn't suffer, maybe it was instant. But it infuriates me that someone, not only would be going so fast that they couldn't stop to miss him, but then that they left him lying there - argh!! Also, that puppy was someone's, probably some idiot who didn't have the sense to spay their dog!

I'm sorry, but I just feel so helpless right now... I might try to go and pick him up later, I don't think anyone else will. Perhaps give him a proper burial. His life was too short, stolen because of someone's ignorance. sigh Sorry, I'm done.

Karen
12-21-2002, 01:07 PM
So sorry to hear of this. Perhaps you should check with nearby houses - it could be that the pup darted away from them, as puppies do, and they are searching for him. In any case, do go back for him, give him a decent burial if you can't find his owners, and know that he is playing now at the Rainbow Bridge.

So sad, so sad - everyone go hug your fur-pals now.

Cookiebaker
12-21-2002, 01:19 PM
Oh my goodness, Candy, that is so sad & so scary!! That is so traumatic & I can just imagine how awful that must have been to witness. It's a crying shame!! I'm so sorry!!:(

COCatMama
12-21-2002, 02:01 PM
Oh dear :( how sad....at least you cared, too many wouldn't. Once when I was a teen my mother, her bf at the time and myself were driving home when I saw a cat doing bizarre things on the side of the road. I said something to my mom who told peter to pull over. I tried to get out of the car to go see the cat but my mom wouldn't let me! she ran over and picked the kitty up and he/she died right in her arms. I got out of the car and saw the poor cat had been hit by a car :( :(. We were soooo sad, we tried to find the owners too.
Let this be a lesson to everyone, KEEP YOUR CAT INDOORS! It's not worth the risk!!!!

primabella
12-21-2002, 02:37 PM
:(aww, candy, so sorry you had to see this. at least you cared. i'm sure the little rottie is happy now and out of pain. :(

jenluckenbach
12-21-2002, 02:50 PM
Candy I am so sorry for your pain. It is very hard seeing an animal that should be at home safe and warm lying dead on the road. I know that for me whenever I see a cat dead on the road I cry, knowing that there was no reason for that animals to ever even be outside in the first place. our thoughts are with you and the poor puppy

Cisco's Mom
12-21-2002, 03:46 PM
Candy, I'm so sorry to hear of your experince these things are never easy. Just think if the pup had still been with us you might have been able to have helped as oppossed to not stopping at all. You tried and most people won't even bat an eye when they see an animal injured or on the road. The baby is def. playing safely now with many other pups and no worries at all.

aly
12-21-2002, 04:25 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I know that really no words can make you feel better about it. I think that would be a wonderful thing to give the puppy a proper burial. But don't worry if you can't do it. I completely understand how hard it is.

Something I like to do to try to make myself feel better about those kinds of situations is to educate the public. I always casually approach people in pet stores if I see their dog isn't neutered and mention some low cost places to do it.

You deserve a great big *(HUG)* for taking the poor baby out of the street.

Candy16
12-22-2002, 01:19 PM
Thanks all for your kind words. I feel much better now. I went back to look for the puppy, but I guess someone else had already moved him. It just makes me that much more determined to go and volunteer at my local animal shelter to try to save the same kinds of lives that that poor puppy lost! Thank again, guys, what would I do without your support??? :)

AnimalLover5672
12-23-2002, 06:30 PM
The poor pup! i cant beleive it! the person who hit them was very mean!:mad: im so sorry u had to see it, i mean, i didnt even see it and im almost crying!:(

~ Jess ~ ;)