PDA

View Full Version : Fishing cat kitten at Brookfield Zoo

cassiesmom
02-13-2015, 12:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsSsSBkaj4M

Please enjoy this kitten having fun! Here's the story from the news...

The Brookfield Zoo has welcomed a new addition to its Fragile Rain Forest exhibit - a male fishing cat kitten.

The kitten, who was born on Oct. 31, 2014, is now old enough to be in the exhibit with his mother, 4-year-old Anna, Brookfield Zoo officials said.

Fishing cats - which are endangered in the wild - are now found near Sumatra, Java, southern China, India and Sri Lanka. They remain small in size for their entire lives, as males average around 25 pounds and females around 15 pounds. Their diet focuses on fish, but also can include crustaceans, frogs and small mammals.

Zoo officials say this kitten is especially significant because its parents had no previous offspring.

Karen
02-13-2015, 12:52 PM
Aww, how adorable! Here's hoping he is the first of many!

mrspunkysmom
02-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Precious. He looks like a mini leopard cross with a tabby cat. I hope they can breed many more.

katladyd
02-14-2015, 02:10 PM
Oh, how precious! His curiosity and playfulness are fun to watch. I'm sure Mamma is taking good care of him!

Felicia's Mom
02-14-2015, 02:53 PM
How adorable! Hope there will be many more like him.

phesina
02-14-2015, 03:37 PM
So sweet! .. kitten and mom both.

I'd never heard of these cats before. That's great that the zoo is involved in conservation efforts for them.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

catmandu
02-16-2015, 12:30 PM
What a great team , that Momma Cat and Kitten are they are so much fun together and they are stunning in their good looks.:love::love::love: