PDA

View Full Version : Thursday # 623.....Yoyo Weather?

RICHARD
02-05-2015, 02:10 PM
I guess it is winter?

Yesterday it was a very nice 55+ degrees, it snowed last night and in the mid 20's today!

I think that hot toddies are in order.

-------

If anything, the old adage "if you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes" is really true?

Done!!

smokey the elder
02-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Well it was -2 F this morning...and 40 F yesterday morning! So it's a yoyo all right.

Lady's Human
02-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Our weather might just be yo weather.

-3F this morning on my way home, -9F last night on the way to work, and coming home I heard the weatherman saying it's going to get COLD next week. How about a hot tub filled with hot cocoa?

cassiesmom
02-06-2015, 04:16 PM
29F and only slightly cloudy in the western suburbs of Chicago ... I thought about getting my car washed today, but decided not to. I usually park in a surface parking lot, and I figured my doors would freeze closed. As it turned out I got a spot in the employee parking garage - should have gone and hit the car wash because I bet there will be lines over the weekend with temps above freezing. I'm drinking decaf diet Coke this afternoon - cheers :)

Lady's Human
02-09-2015, 06:19 AM
Fresh hot applesauce donuts on the bar...

I'm not above abject bribery for shovelers.

Karen
02-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Fresh hot applesauce donuts on the bar...

I'm not above abject bribery for shovelers.

Mee mee! They would go perfectly with my tea! Right now it is snowing and blowing too hard to make any shoveling effective!

RICHARD
02-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Mee mee! They would go perfectly with my tea! Right now it is snowing and blowing too hard to make any shoveling effective!

I was looking at the weather map and 78 degrees in the Southwest?

Hot anything for the people stuck in a snow drift.

THis is nuts.

Lady's Human
02-09-2015, 11:12 AM
I was looking at the weather map and 78 degrees in the Southwest?

Hot anything for the people stuck in a snow drift.

THis is nuts.

This isn't nuts, this is just a normal winter in the northeast, despite what the weather-fearmongers would like people to believe.

RICHARD
02-09-2015, 12:52 PM
This isn't nuts, this is just a normal winter in the northeast, despite what the weather-fearmongers would like people to believe.
You are dealing with a guy who saw snow from afar and thought, "hmm, it must be cold there".

A real novice?:eek:

No fear mongering here, Just a general ignorance of winter.

My 'winters' consisted of shorts, tee shirts and sneakers.........:(

Karen
02-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Here, there is no yo=-yo in effect. The 31°F it was briefly felt rather warm, but impressive icicles are everywhere!

RICHARD
02-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Here, there is no yo=-yo in effect. The 31°F it was briefly felt rather warm, but impressive icicles are everywhere!

It was 43 today, moving toward the low 50s tomorrow and sub zero in the next few days.....

More hot water?

Karen
02-11-2015, 12:16 PM
It was 43 today, moving toward the low 50s tomorrow and sub zero in the next few days.....

More hot water?

Absolutely! 19°F here, with bright sunshine glinting off the icicles!

I just made the best version of the chai tea mix I have concocted yet (recipe here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?187542-Here-s-a-question-for-you&p=2515700#post2515700))- anyone want some?

RICHARD
02-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Absolutely! 19°F here, with bright sunshine glinting off the icicles!

I just made the best version of the chai tea mix I have concocted yet (recipe here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?187542-Here-s-a-question-for-you&p=2515700#post2515700))- anyone want some?

It's sweatshirt weather here........for one day.

I love 'home brewed' stuff.

Hot water?

Done.

I made some beef broccoli and fried rice.....................

Anyone?