01-19-2015, 08:37 AM
#BlueMonday is trending today - 2 haiku

It is "Blue Monday"
Saddest Day of the Year they
Say-but i LIKE blue!

Cool, bright Blue sky day
In January, above
freezing counts as warm

And today, totally unknowing the odd designation of the day according to the Internet, we have a
BLUE Tongue Skink as Pet of the Day

A kitty with a BLUE hat for Cat of the Day

and even

A Golden Retriever with a BLUE and gold neckerchief for Dog of the Day!

Who knew? ;)

Miss Z
01-19-2015, 02:27 PM
I was born on 'Blue Monday'. I resented the college e-mail I received last week telling me to be cheerful on "such a dreary day'. :p

Karen
01-19-2015, 03:21 PM
I was born on 'Blue Monday'. I resented the college e-mail I received last week telling me to be cheerful on "such a dreary day'. :p

But at least you fit the "Monday's child is fair of face" whereas I do not fit the "Wednesday's child is full of woe" from the old nursery rhyme!

Miss Z
01-19-2015, 03:32 PM
You are too kind. ;) Remember I'm getting old now - September 2015 sees in my 10-year PT anniversary!

cassiesmom
01-19-2015, 04:10 PM
"Blue Monday, I hate blue Monday // Gotta work like a slave all day" -- Fats Domino

phesina
01-19-2015, 06:46 PM
I had to look that up on Wikipedia to find out just what "Blue Monday" is and why today is it.

Here's what I found out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Monday_(date)):
---------->
Blue Monday is a name given to the Monday of the last full week of January, purported to be the most depressing day of the year as part of a 2005 publicity campaign by Sky Travel.

The concept is considered pseudoscience,[1] with its formula derided by scientists as nonsensical.
-----------------
Then it gives more details on the history and shows some formulas (pseudoscientific, I assume) used to compute the date.

Actually today wasn't so depressing compared to some days last week, when it was MUCH colder. That depresses me no end!

chocolatepuppy
01-19-2015, 07:02 PM
I've never heard of this.:confused: I guess now I know why I had a crappy day today.:D