PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to bore you again/ Posting Pictures

Aspen and Misty
12-20-2002, 09:51 PM
I need to post pictures. But whenever anyone explains it to me I don't understand. If you could please say it in simple terms. I know how to do everythign but get the thingy to post that shows the pictures. If you don't understand that, then can you juts please tell me everything. I have pictures of Hunny, Chewy, Smokey and Buddy I want to post but don't want to take forever makeing a new post for each pictures and I don't want to take the time building a web site for them. Please help.

Thanx and Merry Christmas,
Ash

aly
12-20-2002, 10:06 PM
Ok first step, do you have them uploaded to Imagestation? If not, go create an account there and upload them to an album.

Once they are on that site, you just go to the picture you want and right click on it with your mouse.

Highlight (select with mouse) the address that is under Properties. Right click on that and select copy.

Come to Pet Talk and make a post... Type the following
[.img](PASTE ADDRESS HERE)[./img]
but leave out the periods I added in.

Hope I didn't confuse you!!!

RockyRoad
12-20-2002, 10:10 PM
OK, this is always hard to do, but I will try and explain it. You have them on a website such as one of your own or imagestation or something, am I correct?
Well if so, when you go to post something, do you see the buttons on the top that say http://, @, IMG, #, and others?
Well click on the one that says IMG. So then you have to go back to the picture and right-click on it. Then go down to properties. Or if you have netscape, it says copy image location. Then it will show everything about the picture, and you will see a long link somewhere in there. So then highlight that link and copy it. When you have that done, go back to this, and click the IMG button. So then paste the link into the space where it asks you to type the link for the pic in. Then click ok. Done! Let me know if you want to know how to do signatures, cause I have to go in my room now and lie down(gland, stomach, and head are fighting my body tonight, and the body's losing). I know I'm probably confusing you so PM me if yiou have any questions!
*FloppsyMoppsy*

popcornbird
12-20-2002, 10:10 PM
Ok, I'll try to explain properly.

I know how you feel because it took me months to figure it out as well, but now that I know, its so easy. I just posted 17 of my birds, if you saw the thread "Popcorn & Muffin's Playtime Adventure". :) Ok this is how you do it.............

1. Go to www.imagestation.com

2. Sign up and become a member. Its free.

3. Take pictures

4. Load them onto your computer

5. Go to www.imagestation.com

6. Log into your account

7. Click on upload images

8. You will see the number 3 next to a downpointing arrow. Click on the arrow and click on the number of photos you want to upload. For example, if you are uploading 5, click on 5, and it will give you 5 slots to upload 5 pictures.

9. Click on Browse next to the first picture slot. Find the picture you want to upload on your computer and click on it.

10. Do the same for the rest of your pictures in the other slots.

11. Upload your pictures (this may take some time and it can take long if they are a lot of pictures..........I have DSL and yesterday I uploaded 17 pics at one time. It took several minutes.)

12. Be patient. :D

13. When your pictures are finally uploaded, click on Storage Bin, or See All.

14. Now you are at your album. Click on the picture you want to post.

15. Right-click on the uploaded picture.

16. Click on Properties.

17. Copy the URL you see, and paste it on your post at Pet Talk.............between [IMG] and [./IMG]. (Don't type the red dot that I put. That was just to make it show without turning it into a red x.

18. Do the same for the other pics you want to add in the same post.

19. When all your pictures are pasted into the your thread here, hit post. The pictures should show up.

I tried to make this as simple as possible. Hope it helps. If you have any questions, just ask. Good luck. I look forward to see your pets. :)