PDA

View Full Version : Please remove me from Linkedin

catmandu
01-17-2015, 09:16 AM
Someone put me on Linkedin using my real name which you should not do on the internet. I cannot take it off myself as I do not know the sign in and password.
PLease take me off ASAP , I do not need my name and any other information out in cyber space.
Thank You.

mrspunkysmom
01-17-2015, 07:58 PM
Gary are you sure it it you that is on linkedin?

Also linkedin populates their site/server with peoples' names from the web. How to sign in in deactivate I do not know.

Karen
01-17-2015, 08:48 PM
How do you know it is you? If you have ever emailed anyone who has since created a LinedIn account, Linked in will send you an email, saying something like "Gary Watts wants to connect with you on Linked In. It does not mean you have an account, just that you once sent an email to Gary Watts, and he let Linked-In mined his contact list. It does not mean you have an account there.

cassiesmom
01-18-2015, 06:29 AM
I just used my LinkedIn to find Catmandu. I don't think anyone can delete his account except him.

phesina
01-18-2015, 07:41 AM
He didn't create the account, so he doesn't know the password and can't delete it.

Catty1
01-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Is there a contact email for LinkedIn so they can delete the account?

catmandu
01-18-2015, 12:11 PM
There is Candace , but for the life of me I cannot understand what I am supposed to do.
I will try again with someone who can read computerese.
I guess if that is all they have is my name, they can do no harm.:eek:

phesina
01-18-2015, 03:29 PM
There isn't a contact e-mail address or phone number. They just have a lot of "Help" links.

I went to the one about how to close your account, and it gives all the detailed instructions of what to do.. assuming you have your own password-created page. At the end it said "Was this helpful?" and FINALLY a form space you could fill in with why it wasn't helpful!

I just filled that in describing the problem and sent it off. I'll let you all know what response I get (if anything).

(I'm not exactly crazy about LinkedIn.)

Jessika
01-18-2015, 04:11 PM
Are you *sure* it is you? I know there are several people online with my "real name", maiden and married. If they are posing as you, and you did not create the account, contact linkedin and explain the situation, tell them it is a fake profile impersonating you, and they should not give you a problem about removing it.

phesina
01-18-2015, 04:27 PM
It just has his name and then under it "Canada."

catmandu
01-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Thank You for that Pat.
I am just confused as to why my real name was used as I never use it on the computer.:eek::eek:

Miss Z
01-19-2015, 02:45 PM
I hope that LinkedIn can remove it for you, Gary. I have had, and with my name likely will continue to have, similar trouble on social networking. It's primarily an annoyance but also slightly unnerving.

Karen
01-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Thank You for that Pat.
I am just confused as to why my real name was used as I never use it on the computer.:eek::eek:

Because you are on someone's mailing list somewhere that go input into a computer! Yes, even snail mail lists tend to be stored on computers, and can get hacked!

Jessika
01-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Because you are on someone's mailing list somewhere that go input into a computer! Yes, even snail mail lists tend to be stored on computers, and can get hacked!
Or someone else in Canada also shares his name... it happens more often than you'd think. :)

Although it's so... funny?... how our private/personal information is never private.

catmandu
01-20-2015, 09:22 AM
I am a worrier by nature and with Scrappy Two not eating well and my foot I have a lot to worry over.I just pray that nothing comes of this.:eek:

Karen
01-20-2015, 12:20 PM
I am a worrier by nature and with Scrappy Two not eating well and my foot I have a lot to worry over.I just pray that nothing comes of this.:eek:

Gary, do not worry about this even a little bit! The most that could happen with this is you might get a few extra emails, but you said it is not connected to your email address, so that cannot happen. No one can track you down, access your bank info or anything, okay? At most strange people will try to connect with that account of Linked In, but as the email is not yours, you will not even see them!

Linked In is useful for people who need it, otherwise annoying!

I know a lady whose son works there, and when she told me that, she very quickly said, "He is the chef, he has nothing to do with any of the computer stuff or annoying emails!" ;)

emily_the_spoiled
01-22-2015, 03:14 PM
If you have ever received an email from LinkedIn that is the email account that is registered with them. You can go to the site and ask to reset your password. Once you reset your password to something you created then you can deactivate the account.

Sorry we can't do it for you.