PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Baron

Karen
01-11-2015, 02:03 AM
What a handsome, wonderul boy you were, Baron! We can certainly see the Newfie influence in that thick curly coat, but the she[herd also shines through. How wonderful you were able to get the care you needed to have such a nice long life! We are glad you were diagnosed early, as even though both your parents were screened for it, dysplasia is unfortunately common in both breed of your family tree. It is good your mom found out that swimming is the best exercise for you, and took you regularly so you could stay nice and strong. And we are sure my family's old vet, Doc McCracken was right, when a "wee lassie" like our Gracie or a "laddie" like you is "spoiled rrrrotten," they live longer! We are so proud of you for rescuing that puppy from the icy water, that is the NEwfy sir! And how wonderful that you spotted that old man that day, and knew just what to do. You may have had to say goodbye in person, but your spirit and legacy of love will live on forever, we promise! You, dear boy, are Dog of the Day!

ZissyFoy
01-11-2015, 03:04 AM

gkoelling
01-11-2015, 07:26 AM
God Bless Baron

RIP

DonnaDWM
01-11-2015, 08:18 AM
So sorry for your loss.
I'm in tears right now.
He was one special boy.

tatsxxx11
01-11-2015, 09:43 AM
It's always a bittersweet Sunday when a Rainbow Bridge angel is our featured honoree.:( But the sadness I may feel, knowing a fellow dog lover has lost a beloved furkid, is a small price to pay for the privilege of having the chance to honor one as special as you, Baron. And as moving as your human's tribute is, no amount of words can ever describe just how special you are.

You and your human both endured more than your fair share of challenges during your precious 10 plus years together. But through it all, the good times and bad, you were always there for one another, unconditionally. As your vet told your mommy/daddy, it was your human's unwavering commitment to keeping you healthy that allowed you to live as long as you did, and no doubt it was your love and devotion that allowed your human to triumph over that dreaded disease. And while no bond can compare to the one you and your person shared, your big heart, your gentle spirit, your peacemaking ways extended far beyond your immediate family, as witnessed in the comfort you brought to that sad and lonely man who had just lost his wife, to the puppy you so valiantly saved from those frozen waters, to those dogs whose fights you broke up; to all creatures, great and small, animal and human alike.

I so wish that your time together had been longer, but your separation is only temporary, Baron, and one day in the distant future you two will be reunited. And until that joyful day, you live on in her/his heart, in the countless memories that you made, in the hearts of all of those whose lives were touched by your loving spirit. How blessed your human was to have known your unconditional love, your devoted companionship those precious years. You were not merely a best friend, a loving companion, you were her soul mate, her savior, her Dog of a Lifetime! Now, run happy and whole and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge, sweetheart, and send down your love to your human, to comfort her until that wonderful day when once again, you two will be as one. God bless you, beautiful Baron, with hopes that your human continues to enjoy good health.:love::love::love:
http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2015/January/11c.jpg

mon
01-11-2015, 01:04 PM
It was an honor to get to learn a little bit about Beautiful Baron and his wonderful qualities and amazing life. I'm sure he will be forever loved and always missed, what a treasure! Magnificent DOTD!

chocolatepuppy
01-11-2015, 03:58 PM
You were such a handsome boy Baron.:love: It sounds like you were a wonderful dog.

I hope seeing you as DOTD makes this a special day for your family. :love:

Lorelei
01-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Thank you for sharing your story about Baron. He looks like he was a great dog. We too have suffered that loss and understand the pain .We recently adopted a new dog (dog of the day Max on December 19) and he fills our lives and time with his own unique personality and lots of love and laughs. Bless you for loving your animals so much.