PDA

View Full Version : Lovable Lucius!

Karen
01-10-2015, 02:13 AM
What a shiny, handsome boy you are, Lou Lou! You look every inch the classic Black Lab, and we have no idea how anyone could ever have returned you, not once but twice! That big block head and sweet brown eyes stole your new family's hearts and we are so glad you learned to trust again, and how to be a loved dog, as you were always meant to be! We are so glad you have a girl to be your best buddy, and we know you are teaching her very, very important lessons that she will keep with her for the rest of her life! Oh, Lucius, we are so glad you are now with your forever family, and we see you have even mastered the "head tilt" in that first photo! Congratulations, sweetie, maybe you will have some snowy fun to celebrate - you are Dog of the Day!

ZissyFoy
01-10-2015, 03:48 AM

tatsxxx11
01-10-2015, 06:38 AM
Oh, be still my Labbie loving heart!:love::love::love:

Happy Dog of the Day, beautiful, *shiny* Lucius, from everyone here in this Lab/Retriever loving home!:)
What a wonderful way to welcome the day, seeing all of those utterly heart melting photos of you with your family up on my screen, reading your mommy's love filled words for her beautiful boy! (That photo of you posing so proudly with your lovely young lady is especially heart melting!) Even though I've worked in Lab/Retriever rescue for years, heard all the "excuses" people give for surrendering a family member, still, it's hard to imagine how a Labbie as beautiful (inside and out) as you could have been surrendered not just once but twice! Well, as the saying goes, the third time IS the charm, and what a precious gift your forever family was blessed with the day they welcomed you into their home and hearts, Lou Lou!

This dog has been there for us all when we've been sad and stressed he is not a dog he is not a pet he is our family. It's exactly like the saying goes who rescued who, and I know without a doubt Lucius rescued my family!!!

Understandably, having been abandoned by so called family TWICE, it would take a little time before you would learn to love and trust again! But thanks to that trademark Labbie spirit, and your family's patience and unconditional love, with time, your true inner light was finally able to shine through, warming the lives of each and every one of your family members! Having been mom to Labs my entire adult life, I know so well what your mommy means when she says she could go and on about how special you are!:D Suffice it to say you're everything a family could ever hope for in a Labbie furkid...best friend, loyal and loving companion, protector and comforter, not to mention energetic, water and snow loving, a stuffie eviscerator and and food lover of epic proportions!:D Your young lady is especially blessed, having a furry soul mate, a best furry friend, as special as you to grow up with! The memories you two are making are ones that will last a lifetime!

Thanks for starting my day off with a BIG smile, sweetheart! Enjoy your much deserved day of honor, being spoiled rotten! And here's to many, many more happy years of shared loved and companionship for you and your wonderful family! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Lou Lou, Dog of a Lifetime!:love::love::love:

http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2015/January/10b.jpg

DonnaDWM
01-10-2015, 08:38 AM
Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
You are one handsome fellow.
I can't imagine why you were back at the shelter several times.
Lucky for you that happened. You have found the perfect, loving family.
I know they will all celebrate your world famous day.

chocolatepuppy
01-10-2015, 03:59 PM
You're a gorgeous boy Lucius!!! :love: I bet you're a lot of fun!;)

Congrats on being DOTD!:cool: I hope you're having a fun day celebrating! :D

mon
01-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Loved seein' Lucius as DOTD, what a wonderful dog! Such a looker and , the family is pretty cute too! Hope Lucius was spoiled rotten today and has a long healthy life. He's the best of the best!