PDA

View Full Version : Raisin Shortage?

Karen
01-03-2015, 08:22 PM
I was just at the grocery store - a large one, par of a chain, and usually well-stocked with plenty of variety of items.

One of the thing on my list was raisins, I just wanted a wall bag, not a giant container - and I could not get any! It was either the 2-pound jar or tiny "snack size" boxes that are completely a waste of paper and money - I just wanted a few for my oatmeal. I did not want yogurt-covered ones, but could have bought those in many varieties! Is there some odd raisin shortage?

I will have chopped dates in my oatmeal instead for a while, no big deal, just was curious!

pomtzu
01-04-2015, 08:42 AM
I was just at the grocery store - a large one, par of a chain, and usually well-stocked with plenty of variety of items.

One of the thing on my list was raisins, I just wanted a wall bag, not a giant container - and I could not get any! It was either the 2-pound jar or tiny "snack size" boxes that are completely a waste of paper and money - I just wanted a few for my oatmeal. I did not want yogurt-covered ones, but could have bought those in many varieties! Is there some odd raisin shortage?

I will have chopped dates in my oatmeal instead for a while, no big deal, just was curious!

Yup - there definitely is a raisin shortage........ WOLFY ATE THEM ALL.......:p:D

Seriously tho - last time I bought them, I had a heck of a time finding anything but the little snack bags or boxes - and this was at a Super Walmart. I finally spotted ONLY ONE of the big 20 oz. canisters pushed all the way to the back on the top shelf, and my 5' wasn't tall enough to be able to reach it. Seeing that there was only one left, I had to call in reinforcements for assistance to retrieve it. I probably should have just left it there, since that was the canister that held the Raisin Raid goodies that Wolfy snatched up, and also cost me $90 for blood tests on him. Those were pretty darn expensive raisins when you figure in ALL the expenses associated with them. :eek::(

Karen
01-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I undertand!