PDA

View Full Version : Unicorns = Jobs.

RICHARD
01-01-2015, 10:15 AM
I love signs.

I like anything that has a message on it.........because I do enjoy the artwork and wordage on walls, billboards and bumpers. I catch myself 'reading' more into a simply worded sign all the time.

There are the obvious screw-ups.........There was an autobody shop that touted having your cars computer checked out with the shop's 'analizer'.

Or the sign at a car lot that said, "Trader Vic's Miracle Cars, If it's a good car, it's a miracle."

As kids, the ultimate 'slam' was laughing at someone's ride as a "trader vic special"?

---------------------

A few days ago, I was in the car trying to get back from the drug store when I came up behind a car with a bumper sticker that said, "UNICORNS = JOBS".

Hokay.........

I looked for other bumper sticker like the '26.2, I brake for bikers, Dog is my co-pilot'......nope, nothing.

So I LOOK AGAIN at the UNICORNS = JOBS sticker and wonder what Apple Computers had to do with unicorns....

Nope, it still don't make sense, so I go back and look again.

--------------------

In the few seconds in between seeing the sign the first time, thinking about it and then going back to re-read it?

Someone removed the 'c' and 'r' from the equation.

UNIONS = JOBS.

Nothing to do with Apple computers or unicorns.

So, now my thoughts are with what happens to the unicorns that are unemployed?

And people who have poor reading comprehension?:confused:;)

Karen
01-01-2015, 12:10 PM
Hee hee - as far as I know, unicorns do not need jobs! Steve or otherwise!

Karen
01-01-2015, 08:05 PM
By the way, my brain has the opposite habit - I see a word, and part of my brian tends to find the animal in it - like the other night, we were watching an old movie, and a train pulled into the station in ZAGREB, and I looked at Paul and said, "Your brain didn't immediately rearrange that to spell Zebra G, did it?"

RICHARD
01-03-2015, 05:17 PM
I have a friend who told me a story about a mythical place named Mutat.

If you try to find it on the map, you cannot.

The only way to get to Mutat is via a Magic Rearview Mirror on your car, and a bus behind you.

----------------

The story goes like this.

Steve, the person who discovered it, was at a red light when a school bus came up behind him.

He looked into the Magic Mirror and saw that this bus was going to Mutat.

He thought about where this Mutat place was......and, as a long time resident of the area, he was didn't know where the bus was headed.....

He then realized that the bus was going to TATUM.

Mutat only existed in a magical place you can only get to with a rear view mirror and a bus headed there.

A Magic Rear View Mirror.......

-------------

Steve is now the proud owner of a !MUTAT T-shirt and is now trying to find out where ECNALUMBA is...:rolleyes:;)

Karen
01-03-2015, 06:14 PM
I have a friend who told me a story about a mythical place named Mutat.

If you try to find it on the map, you cannot.

The only way to get to Mutat is via a Magic Rearview Mirror on your car, and a bus behind you.

A Magic Rear View Mirror.......

-------------

Steve is now the proud owner of a !MUTAT T-shirt and is now trying to find out where ECNALUMBA is...:rolleyes:;)

Most ambulances have it spelled to read correctly in a rear-view mirror.