PDA

View Full Version : Not the season to be sick...

pomtzu
12-17-2014, 08:05 AM
I'm fine - so far anyway - but the other 2 adults here are making me think about packing up and taking Wolfy with me - and become vagabonds till Spring.

Son has a nasty sinus infection - looks and feels miserable - and is acting the same as well. :(

Son's GF is even worse. She has asthma pretty bad and was coming down with "something"" too, but elected to not go to the doctor. She's a certified EMT and you know how that goes - kinda like - physician, heal thyself. :rolleyes: She went to work yesterday as usual and she does a lot of walking (works at Amazon Distr Cntr), and aggravated the issue to the breaking point. She ended up not being able to breathe, and was carried out on a stretcher to a waiting ambulance and transported to the ER which had been notified and was waiting for her. Anyway - make a long story short - after tests and treatments - she was found to have a lung infection. That - on top of her asthma - did not make a good combination. She's home today and doing better - but really looks like crap! So instead of a $20 doctor visit and $$ for some meds a few days ago when this started, she now will be seeing a bill for a pricey ambulance ride, and the ER/physician/med/tests//treatments,etc. :(

Maybe we should have the house fumigated to get rid of all the nasty "stuff" floating around in here. :p

Freedom
12-17-2014, 08:46 AM
Oh my, glad to learn she is home. Drop the temp in the house, it needs to be cool. Add some zinc supplements to help boost your immune system. And maybe wear a face mask when you are near them? You could always decorate it for the season! :D

Be well, Ellie!

Karen
12-17-2014, 11:39 AM
Currently battling a sinus infection myself, so tell Son I can sympathize! I need to get better fast, Messiah Sing is this weekend!

pomtzu
12-17-2014, 12:26 PM
;)Thank you Sandie for a great idea - of the gag variety - a decorated mask. :D I'm thinking of all kinds of possibilities here - itty-bitty ornaments, sparkly snowflakes, a tiny wreath.............all these things I could pick up at a dollar store.

And the house is always cool too - never higher than 68 when in the heat mode (not for the a.c. tho - BRRRRR). If we set it any lower, I'll have icicles hanging from my nose. Oh - how about some of the little icicles for the mask, too????? :cool: ;)

Asiel
12-17-2014, 07:30 PM
When I saw the title of your post I thought you were the one down with a bug-- so glad you're still up and about although I do sympathize with your son and the GF... she should have stayed home from work and rested, pushing the limits sure did her in.
So you're the nursemaid for this round--- Hang in there Pom, I'm hoping everyone will be on the road to recovery by Christmas...