PDA

View Full Version : A Small Amount Of Justice

delidog
12-20-2002, 07:33 AM
I couldn't believe at first that another human could do such a thing...but that was a naieve' thought.....
at least something was done about this man Man Sentenced for Tossing Dog From Balcony
By SAMUEL MAULL

NEW YORK (AP) - A man who threw his girlfriend's dog off her 23rd-floor balcony was sentenced Thursday to 12 years in prison for animal cruelty and other charges related to stalking the woman.

John Jefferson, 43, pleaded guilty Dec. 5 to robbery, burglary, stalking, criminal contempt and animal cruelty. The judge said two of the 12 years were for the dog, Ribsy.

``I've had pets all my life,'' Justice James Yates said. ``I was just as sickened as anyone else when I read the stories.''

The judge also ordered five years of parole supervision for Jefferson and signed an order of protection that directs him to stay away from ex-girlfriend Eugenia Miller for the next 17 years.

Jefferson tossed the 16-year-old black and white terrier-poodle mix to its death on May 26 during an argument with Miller. Ribsy landed in the concrete plaza below and died instantly.

Jefferson also barricaded himself inside the apartment and threatened Miller with a knife, police said at the time.

``I am sorry,'' Jefferson said in court Thursday. ``I was totally messed up, emotionally disturbed. I just lost it.''

Jefferson pleaded guilty to burglary in connection with his forcible entry into the apartment, and his plea to the robbery charge was for a May 22 knifepoint holdup. The stalking charge arose from his harassment of Miller earlier.

Jefferson's lawyer, Russell Paisley, said his client's actions were those of someone under the influence of drugs.

Dixieland Dancer
12-20-2002, 07:48 AM
I read this in the morning also and was saddened to hear someone could do such a thing. I personally think they should be giving him more than just 2 years for that act. :mad:

Cisco's Mom
12-20-2002, 09:41 AM
OMG!!!

I agree 2yrs is not enough!!!:mad:

BUT, just think of the days when our fur babies had no kind of protection!!

delidog
12-20-2002, 11:01 AM
The only good news is that he got 12 years...even if only 2 were for cruelty, he won't be out for awhile!!!!

aly
12-20-2002, 11:34 AM
I read this and had to step away from the computer for a little bit. That man is disgusting and in 12 years when he's out, he better hope he won't run into me on the street. I might get "emotionally disturbed" myself. :mad: :mad: :mad:

primabella
12-20-2002, 01:53 PM
even if 2 yrs is not enough, 12 years kinda makes up for it. glad this pig got what he deserved :mad:

Cookiebaker
12-21-2002, 08:39 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: