PDA

View Full Version : Long Time, No See...New Additions!

prechrswife
12-06-2014, 08:34 PM
It has been awhile since I have visited Pet Talk. Life has been busy. We lost our senior kitty, Saphirah, to kidney failure back in July. Today, however, we welcomed home two new family members. Simon is the long-haired orange tabby, and River is the tuxie. They were cage mates at the shelter. River is actually a month older, but she is much smaller than Simon. They are settling in well. Simon hid for awhile, but he is exploring now, and was chasing River through the house a few minutes ago.

Karen
12-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Welcome, Simon and Rover! You have landed in the very best kind of home - a Pet Talk home!

And welcome back, good to see you here! Have the kittens decided yet which human is their favorite, or are they still get used to the new place?

prechrswife
12-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Still settling in at the moment. River is "helping" me with the computer.

Catty1
12-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Hello, stranger! :D

How wonderful to hear from you and see that two new furbabies have joined you! And River is 'helping' already.

They are both just gorgeous! Enjoy! :):love:

Karen
12-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Still settling in at the moment. River is "helping" me with the computer.

With her petite size, she reminds me a little of LH's Trillian, now at the Rainbow Bridge! Only River's tummy stripe is so thin!

mrspunkysmom
12-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Precious. I love the Serenity homage. Welcome to Pet Talk kitties, and Welcome back prechrswife.

phesina
12-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Dearest Simon and River, you are beautiful! Welcome to Pet Talk, and welcome back, prechrswife!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

chocolatepuppy
12-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Hi! I'm very sorry for your loss of Saphirah. :( Your new kitties are adorable!:love:

catmandu
12-07-2014, 12:29 PM
AHuge Found Hotel Cat MEEEOW to Simon and Rover! We hope to see them as Adult Cats one day.:love:
It is sad about Saphirah , but we all will be Angels one day and will meet in Paradise , in love.
One Fine Day:love:

prechrswife
12-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Thanks, everyone. Mrspunkysmom, yes, they are named for Simon and River from "Firefly" and "Serenity." :)

In the last few minutes, Simon has climbed the (still undecorated) Christmas tree, and River has run across the piano and played a tune. It is fun having kittens, but it is a totally different world from the senior kitty world we have lived in in recent years. Love it, though!

Karen
12-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Thanks, everyone. Mrspunkysmom, yes, they are named for Simon and River from "Firefly" and "Serenity." :)

In the last few minutes, Simon has climbed the (still undecorated) Christmas tree, and River has run across the piano and played a tune. It is fun having kittens, but it is a totally different world from the senior kitty world we have lived in in recent years. Love it, though!

Hee hee - glad River is already practicing her musical skills! ;) Is your tree anchored to the wall just in case? Fishing line and a couple thumbtacks does wonders for tree stability! Of course, when we had Grace, the tree went in a platen. She was our Great Dane mix that we swore had no nerve endings connecting her tail to her brain, so her wagging tail could clear half the ornaments from the tree in one moment, and she also thought candy canes were the best treat ever ...

smokey the elder
12-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Gorgeous kittens! I'm sorry about your precious Saphirah.

phesina
12-08-2014, 01:30 PM
My deepest sympathy to you and your family over your loss of your beloved, precious Saphirah.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
12-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Hello, adorable Simon and River! Welcome to PT!

mrspunkysmom
12-09-2014, 04:51 AM

I'm sorry about Saphirah. It's painful even when they are seniors. May I ask how old she was?

In Firefly, River was the artistic, athletic sibling. It's been years since I've had a cat play the piano.

prechrswife
12-09-2014, 03:23 PM
She was 15 years old. She was with my dh before I was.