PDA

View Full Version : Road trip Thursday/Florida - #614

RICHARD
12-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Hokay,

Too cold and rainy here and the Orion spaceship launch was canceled, so why not take a road trip to watch the launch? The east coast of Florida sounds nice and warm these days?

We have some thermoses of teas and how's about some sandwiches for the trip.

We can camp on the beach, make a fire and toast some marshmallows....

We can also put some frankie avalon and annette f movies on.......

Done?

Karen
12-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Who is driving? As long as it isn't the Orc ...

Lady's Human
12-04-2014, 06:02 PM
I'll drive, we'll get there in time!

Queen of Poop
12-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Woo Hoo! Road trip! I've got my gravol and Diego is a fabulous backseat driver!

RICHARD
12-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Woo Hoo! Road trip! I've got my gravol and Diego is a fabulous backseat driver!

LOL,

Wasn't that a great liftoff?

Seeing that we made it in one piece? Let's avail ourselves of some of that Florida OJ, Sunshine and beaches!

How's about a DOTD.....A harvey wallbanger!!

•3/4 ounce vodka
•1 1/2 ounces orange juice
•1/4 ounce Galliano
•Orange slice for garnish
•Maraschino cherry for garnish

Mix it up and serve over ice!!!

DONE!

Ah, that warm sand underfoot!!!!!

Karen
12-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Just brewed a pot of tea if anyone wants some, the nights can get chilly, even in Florida - and it's downright nippy up here!

Lady's Human
12-09-2014, 05:54 AM
12-18" of powdered sunshine inbound.

Don't mind me, I'm just going to sit here by the fireplace.

Karen
12-09-2014, 09:06 AM
12-18" of powdered sunshine inbound.

Don't mind me, I'm just going to sit here by the fireplace.

We had a coating of snow last night despite predications, then ice, and now pouring rain - so it looks like rain is pooling on top of snow - but the temp is exactly at 32° F, so no thawing of ice, just water on top - odd!

smokey the elder
12-09-2014, 01:04 PM
It's been pouring here all day. No ice, thank goodness! I think I'll make some hot mulled cider (additives upon request.)

Karen
12-09-2014, 02:50 PM
It's been pouring here all day. No ice, thank goodness! I think I'll make some hot mulled cider (additives upon request.)

All the ice is gone - our back yard is now a pond!

Queen of Poop
12-09-2014, 06:51 PM
We're having a chinook. Snow is disappearing quickly!!

Karen
12-09-2014, 11:24 PM
We're having a chinook. Snow is disappearing quickly!!

Is that why all the way over here we have no worry of this deluge to turn back to ice? Hmm?

Lady's Human
12-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Okay, no Chinooks allowed.

(Yes, I know what a Chinook is in term of weather, but...)

Chinooks are the US Army's heavy lift helicopters. They are maintenance intensive, and prone to in flight issues. Given that a GOOD helicopter diesn't fly, but beats the air into submission, and defies natural law to do so, chinooks are NOT allowed in the bar.

A crew chief on one, when asked about the barrel of hydraulic fluid in the rear of the bird, pointed up to the mid-shaft synchronizing gearbox and said "See that? When is stops leaking, we stop flying. We give it a few pumps of fluid during flight to keep it leaking."

Queen of Poop
12-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Ok, no Chinooks in the bar. But the one outside has eaten up pretty much all the snow we've had. Warm and windy again tomorrow. Forecast calling for snow Saturday. Seeing as it's so nice could I get an iced tea tonight rather than hot tea.

Lady's Human
12-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Ok, no Chinooks in the bar. But the one outside has eaten up pretty much all the snow we've had. Warm and windy again tomorrow. Forecast calling for snow Saturday. Seeing as it's so nice could I get an iced tea tonight rather than hot tea.

You can certainly have an iced tea, I can't, however, promise that it will be without a noseprint or two. Angel LIKES ice cubes.