PDA

View Full Version : Hummingbirds!

mon
12-02-2014, 06:36 PM
I have good news! My drapes were closed but I saw the silhouette of a hummingbird at the feeder. Took it down last night and cleaned it and made some nectar for her. SHE'S BACK NOW:D So cute! I sneeked out quietly and peeked at her. Her whole neck is red, didn't wanna spook her but I am pretty sure she likes the nectar. Sure hope she comes back. She's about the size of a dragon fly. Very loud little bird. Okay, I sure don't know if it's male or female ;)

Karen
12-02-2014, 06:54 PM
So neat! Where do you live? no hummers up here- it's snowing!

mon
12-02-2014, 10:17 PM
There's snow here too. Surrey, British Columbia. I'll have to read up on them, I'm pretty sure there are many different kinds of hummingbirds. I know that there are many at a little spot we vacation at called Harrison Hot Springs. They have feeders everywhere and some are rainbow colored. They are amazing little ones.

mon
12-03-2014, 09:48 AM
I snuck out to peek at the hummingbird this morning and could see it's got a red colored head and neck, glad the nectar didn't freeze. It's going to freeze eventually, then she'll be hooped. Maybe it's not too late to fly south.

mon
12-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Found out that it's an Anna's hummingbird. If the nectar freezes, I should just keep a back-up bottle in the house and replace it. Or stick a hot pocket on the bottom of the bottle :D I just fed the crows now as, they are eyeballing her intently and not in a good way, seems to me :eek:

phesina
12-03-2014, 04:00 PM
How nice! Thanks!

Any chance you can get photos?

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

mon
12-03-2014, 06:14 PM
I'll sure try, not that great with a camera I'm afraid. I will try.

mon
12-03-2014, 06:25 PM
My husband's good, I'll get him to photograph them. :love::love::love:

phesina
12-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Oh, that will be really nice!