PDA

View Full Version : I have a visitor here... Missy

Randi
12-02-2014, 03:57 AM
I was to catsit Missy from Dec. 20th - Jan 4th, but yesterday, her Scottish mum called me, she was in a bit of a panic. The flat her and her boyfriend had rented they could no longer stay in, since the owner wanted to move in and they had to move out.

So Missy came yesterday afternoon. She is a 6 year old girl, her coat has splashes of red, black and a bit of white, her nose and paws are white. She is a shy girl, but we have been playing a bit with a mouse on a string, and she jumped up on my desk a couple of times, and also on top my wardrobe.

Missy's mum warned me that she might talk a lot during the night and try to persude me to give her some more food, but she has been quiet. Actually, she hasn't eaten anything yet, so I'm a little worried. Her mum gives her KitKat dry food, which I know is not the best, so I may go and get some other food from the vet.

Will try to get a picture of her, so you can see her, but there's something wrong with my camera, so unless I can figure out how to use the Canon A80, you'll have to wait.

phesina
12-02-2014, 06:07 AM
Welcome, Missy! You will get the best care and lovies ever!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Randi
12-02-2014, 06:24 AM
Missy has now been here almost 24 and she still hasn't eaten anything. It's difficult to see if she drank or not. She is a shy cat and nervous if she hears a sound from the staircase, or if someone is drilling, but that is understandable.

As I mentioned, her mum brought a new unopened box of KitKat (tuna flavoured), but I think I better go and get her some better food.

I sent her mum an update and she sent me this picture. It's not very good, but what I have for now.

catmandu
12-02-2014, 09:19 AM
What a Gorgeous Cat you are Missy, and we bet that Fister Angel is delighted to have a visitor Cat hat we can play with.
She is so beautiful:love::love:

phesina
12-02-2014, 11:46 AM
What a beautiful calico girl you are, Missy!

Don't worry about the strange surroundings and events, dear.. you are in a safe place where you are well cared for and loved! Here's hoping and praying your appetite comes back soon.

Lady's Human
12-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Such a pretty visitor you have!

Randi
12-03-2014, 10:39 AM
I hope I can get a better picture of her one of these days, she really is pretty. She is more demanding now, so I guess she has accepted me, after only two days. I would like to see her in my bed at night, allso. A few times when I stroked her, she turned around for tummy rubs. :)

Karen
12-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Aww, I knew she'd come around eventually!

Catty1
12-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Awww...Missy is getting you trained! :D She IS very pretty. Is she quite small?

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-07-2014, 02:38 PM
:love::love: Awwwwww, she is a fantastic calico!!!:love::love:

cassiesmom
12-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Dear Randi and Missy --- How are you? Meow-y Christmas!

:love:
Elyse

Randi
12-23-2014, 08:49 AM
Thank you, Elyse! I wish you a Merry Christmas, too! :love:

Feeling a bit stressed, just came back from three visits with cats and now Missy is screaming for me. Still need to do some things before tomorrow - you know, our Christmas dinner is 24th.

Randi
12-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Missy is still with me. Here are a few pictures of her - and one of Bourgoise, who I have been visiting over Christmas. She needs a new home in June, her family are moving to Africa. Yesterday, she had a party... I had brought some "Dreamies" and forgot to remove them from the kitchen table. Today I found the chewed up pouch in another room, totally empty. Luckily, only half was left, so she didn't get an upset tummy. :)

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=59040&d=1419953541

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=59041&d=1419953568

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=59042&d=1419953598

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=59043&d=1419953681

phesina
12-30-2014, 11:14 AM
How beautiful they both are! And how nice that you are taking care of them!

Catty1
12-30-2014, 05:11 PM
Bourgoise will need a new home??? Any thoughts of taking her in? She has such a unique face!

Karen
12-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Aww, yaya, pictures! Glad Missy's "party" didn't make her sick!

cassiesmom
12-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Hello, two beautiful kitties! (smoochies! :love:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Is Missy still with you Randi?? and Bourgoise ?
You wrote that one of both cats (Missy?) is looking to a forever-home. Why not take her yourself? Now that she came around to her normal self, she would be a perfect friend for you :)
Good luck with taking care of bot cats!:)

Randi
01-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Missy went home the other day, but I will b elooking after Bourgeoise again, soon. I am considering whether to adobt her, but there's a woman in my building who will take her. I may suggest Bourgeoise comes to stay with me for a while, first - and then I'll decide. I would like to be able to catsit other cats now and again.

Karen
01-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Missy went home the other day, but I will b elooking after Bourgeoise again, soon. I am considering whether to adobt her, but there's a woman in my building who will take her. I may suggest Bourgeoise comes to stay with me for a while, first - and then I'll decide. I would like to be able to catsit other cats now and again.

Aww, do keep us posted! You know we're rooting for you!