PDA

View Full Version : New - T-shirts for Pet Talkers!

Karen
11-26-2014, 10:26 PM
We have been requested many times to have merchandise available. We are starting with a baby step with hooded sweatshirts from a place called Teespring.com. It is a fundraiser, but also an opportunity for you to get something cozy in return.

You can check them out, we did one for each of the websites:

http://teespring.com/PetoftheDay

http://teespring.com/CatoftheDay

http://teespring.com/DogoftheDay

What do you all think? Should we add a t-shirt option? Perhaps a "ladies T" would be appropriate? Or do you prefer non-gender-specific ones (not as fitted)? If we opt to do T-shirts, what color would you prefer?

Shipping will probably only be reasonable for people in the US. It is a Rhode Island-based company, so you be "shopping locally"- okay, local to our Northeast Pet Talkers at least!

The Teespring.com concept is to combine a bunch of orders into one print run, to reduce costs so they are not prohibitively expensive. These offers (on the linked pages) are good until Monday, so if you want to buy one, do it soon!

Any feedback would be great!

chocolatepuppy
11-26-2014, 10:39 PM
I've bought a few t shirts from Teespring, no problems. I'd like to have a t shirt. ;)

slick
11-26-2014, 11:06 PM
Tried to order but couldn't see my province/country of Canada.

krazyaboutkatz
11-27-2014, 12:00 AM
So the hoodies only come in black? I'd prefer a different color. If you make t-shirts, I would buy at least one.

Karen
11-27-2014, 01:54 AM
What color hoodie would you prefer, and what color t-shirts if that happens?

Karen
11-27-2014, 02:03 AM
Slick - we tried it, and now it shows all the Canadian provinces! We even checked for British Columbia and it is there now!
Once I selected Canada, then I saw BC on the list, so hopefully you can see it now, too!

Karen
11-27-2014, 02:06 AM
So the hoodies only come in black? I'd prefer a different color. If you make t-shirts, I would buy at least one.

What different color would you prefer? We can add that!

pomtzu
11-27-2014, 07:42 AM
I'm not a big fan of hoodies, unless they are zip front. Tees are doable - any color but white.

chocolatepuppy
11-27-2014, 07:54 AM
I'm not a big fan of hoodies, unless they are zip front. Tees are doable - any color but white.

Same with me, hoodies must zip. Any color t shirt but white, good with me!;)

Karen
11-27-2014, 10:17 AM
So for those who say "any color but white" - for a T-shirt would you prefer grey, black, dark blue, light blue, dark red, gold, green ...

pomtzu
11-27-2014, 12:08 PM
So for those who say "any color but white" - for a T-shirt would you prefer grey, black, dark blue, light blue, dark red, gold, green ...

You can eliminate black, grey, and gold from that list for me. How about purple???? YEAH!!!!!

Well - black or grey might be "iffy" if one of those was the only color available. But gold is a DEFINITE no.

krazyaboutkatz
11-27-2014, 01:00 PM
Well for the hoodies, white, green, red, blue, purple or a lavender color. My favorite color is purple but I also like the lighter tones of it too. T-shirts could be white, green, red, blue, purple.

Lady's Human
11-27-2014, 03:50 PM
Things like this should give people a touch more time. It's awfully short lead time.

Karen
11-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Things like this should give people a touch more time. It's awfully short lead time.

The way "campaigns" work with Teespring, we had to choose a number of days, but we can restart the campaign once this one is "over" ... we wanted to see how it would go, since we have never done anything like this before!

Karen
11-27-2014, 04:08 PM
To those who prefer T-shirts - do you like a "ladies' cut" T-shirt or the normal T-shirts?

Karen
11-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Well for the hoodies, white, green, red, blue, purple or a lavender color. My favorite color is purple but I also like the lighter tones of it too. T-shirts could be white, green, red, blue, purple.

We have added a purple option for the hoodies! We were not sure it would actually happen today, but it is now there, and it is a nice purple, I think!

krazyaboutkatz
11-28-2014, 01:53 AM
Thanks Karen. Regular t-shirts are fine for me.

chocolatepuppy
11-28-2014, 09:03 AM
I prefer a normal cut t shirts. As for color, black, dark blue, dark red, green, all are good. Don't prefer lighter colors.

Karen
11-28-2014, 11:38 AM
I prefer a normal cut t shirts. As for color, black, dark blue, dark red, green, all are good. Don't prefer lighter colors.

Okay, thanks for the feedback! Would purple work for you? ;)

pomtzu
11-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Regular cut tees for me too - and purple would be awesome.

Karen
11-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Okay - it is done! The T-shirts have their own campaign now, and you have your choice of colors, too! We just put the logo on the front for the T-shirt, instead of front and back for the hoodies. And you have your choice of colors, too!

http://teespring.com/PetTalk
http://teespring.com/DogoftheDayT
http://teespring.com/CatoftheDayT

chocolatepuppy
11-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Okay, thanks for the feedback! Would purple work for you? ;)
Purple would be great! :cool:

Ooops! I see we already have them! Yay!

kuhio98
11-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Karen ~ Could you consider long-sleeved t-shirts in the future? Baby, it's cold outside. :p
We only like zip up hoodies also. Sweatshirts are too hot but long-sleeved tees are great.

Karen
11-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Karen ~ Could you consider long-sleeved t-shirts in the future? Baby, it's cold outside. :p
We only like zip up hoodies also. Sweatshirts are too hot but long-sleeved tees are great.

Maybe some future ones - this is our first ever attempt at this!

krazyaboutkatz
11-29-2014, 07:42 PM
This may be a dumb question but how do I place one order with different styles and pets on them? When I select a style, it won't let me just add these to a cart. It wants me to check out before I can go to another style or pet.

Karen
11-29-2014, 09:10 PM
This may be a dumb question but how do I place one order with different styles and pets on them? When I select a style, it won't let me just add these to a cart. It wants me to check out before I can go to another style or pet.

I have sent them an email, it may be Monday before I hear back from them, but I will let you know as soon as I do, okay? It would only make sense to allow that!

momcat
11-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Karen, this is a wonderful idea!!! :D My order is in. Amigo was wondering what he could give Mike (Soncat) for Christmas and you solved his question. Amigo will be giving Mike a Cat Of The Day T-shirt. In the future, offering the shirts in green (my favorite color) would be great so we can show our love for our wonderful pets and also make a "green statement". Just a thought....

Karen
11-30-2014, 05:08 PM
Karen, this is a wonderful idea!!! :D My order is in. Amigo was wondering what he could give Mike (Soncat) for Christmas and you solved his question. Amigo will be giving Mike a Cat Of The Day T-shirt. In the future, offering the shirts in green (my favorite color) would be great so we can show our love for our wonderful pets and also make a "green statement". Just a thought....

Okay, we will keep that in mind!

Karen
11-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Folks, there is just one day left to order the hoodies! We need 5 ordered of any given one for them to produce them, so if you are thinking of it, the time is now!

Karen
11-30-2014, 08:28 PM

Actually, there is a green option! For the "Pet of the Day" T-shirts, there is a green choice, it is a dark green, called "Deep Forest" - it is the 5th color choice from the left, and is hard to tell it is green until you click it and can see it bigger, but it is there!

(Paul added it accidentally, but it exists!)

krazyaboutkatz
11-30-2014, 08:47 PM
I just placed my orders. I went a bit overboard. I ordered 1 cat hoodie in purple and 1 dog hoodie in black. I ordered 2 cat t-shirts one in purple and one in deep red. I ordered 2 dog t-shirts one in denim blue and one in forest green. I also ordered 2 pet t-shirts one in denim and one in forest green. I shared the info about them on my timeline on Facebook so hopefully others will order them in time.:)

Karen
11-30-2014, 08:57 PM
I just placed my orders. I went a bit overboard. I ordered 1 cat hoodie in purple and 1 dog hoodie in black. I ordered 2 cat t-shirts one in purple and one in deep red. I ordered 2 dog t-shirts one in denim blue and one in forest green. I also ordered 2 pet t-shirts one in denim and one in forest green. I shared the info about them on my timeline on Facebook so hopefully others will order them in time.:)

Awww, thank you so much! I hope you enjoy them! :)

Karen
12-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Only 1 hours left as I post this - so far only 2 people have ordered Pet of the Day hoodies, so they will not be printed. We need at least 5 to be ordered for anyone to get one!

Heck, it makes a good gift for any pet loving human, right? We all do know every pet is special!

chocolatepuppy
12-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Ok, I've ordered a purple dog t shirt and a red cat t shirt. I work in a factory and can wear t shirts all year.

For those times I want to wear a t shirt in the winter (not at work) I layer it with a thermal shirt under it. ;)

Karen
12-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Ok, I've ordered a purple dog t shirt and a red cat t shirt. I work in a factory and can wear t shirts all year.

For those times I want to wear a t shirt in the winter (not at work) I layer it with a thermal shirt under it. ;)

Awww, fun! The hoodies campaign expires tonight, but the t-shirts have a couple more days left!

pomtzu
12-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Awww, fun! The hoodies campaign expires tonight, but the t-shirts have a couple more days left!

Are you going to run the tee campaign again at a later date?? Too close to Christmas to be buying anything for myself when I still have only bought next to nothing so far, for those on my list. Going to be a lean year too - compared to past years. Retirement pay sucks ! :(

Karen
12-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Are you going to run the tee campaign again at a later date?? Too close to Christmas to be buying anything for myself when I still have only bought next to nothing so far, for those on my list. Going to be a lean year too - compared to past years. Retirement pay sucks ! :(

Hmmm, maybe drop some hints to people who might be buying you presents? I do not know for sure, this is all a trial run, we will see how it goes, okay?

phesina
12-02-2014, 11:59 AM
I just read that the minimum has been reached for the Cats t-shirt, so the orders will be printed. Is that right? (I had ordered a purple one but was thinking of changing the color.. oh well, purple is nice!)

Karen
12-02-2014, 12:59 PM
I just read that the minimum has been reached for the Cats t-shirt, so the orders will be printed. Is that right? (I had ordered a purple one but was thinking of changing the color.. oh well, purple is nice!)

Yes, they will be! Now if a couple more people buy a Pet t-shirt, we can be sure they will be printed, too!

momcat
12-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Hi Karen,
I received 2 emails this morning saying the minimum number of orders has been reached and the hoodie & T shirts will be here in time for Christmas. Can't wait to see them!

Karen
12-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Hi Karen,
I received 2 emails this morning saying the minimum number of orders has been reached and the hoodie & T shirts will be here in time for Christmas. Can't wait to see them!

So glad! Now just if 2 more Pet shirts get bought, they will be printed, too!

Karen
12-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Today's the last day! We still need 2 more Pet of the Day shorts to be sold so they get printed! I am sure any animal friends you know agree every pet of special, and ordering now means you will get int in time for Christmas!

Karen
12-03-2014, 07:42 PM
These are the last few hours to get one of these T-shirts, folks! The PetoftheDay.com one needs a couple more purchased to be printed so if you are thinking of it, please do! They will arrive in time for Christmas presents!

Karen
12-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Okay, folks - we have restarted these - only how you can get either a hoodie or a t-shirt on the same page! That way, if only 3 PetoftheDay.com t-shirts and 2 hoodies are ordered, they will still be able to be printed!

The new links:

http://teespring.com/PetoftheDay2
http://teespring.com/CatoftheDay2
http://teespring.com/DogoftheDay2

The company Teespring has revised their deadlines, so now we have until the 11th, not the 7th to be able to oder and get them in time for Christmas!

We also have a couple more designs/messages:

:love: Rescue Dogs - http://teespring.com/heartRescueDogs?pr=CHRISTMAS and
Pet People are a Breed Apart - http://teespring.com/BreedApart?pr=CHRISTMAS

cassiesmom
12-04-2014, 04:18 PM
I just went on the Teespring Web site and it says that five more T-shirts are needed to print. :confused:

Karen
12-04-2014, 04:27 PM
I just went on the Teespring Web site and it says that five more T-shirts are needed to print. :confused:

That's for the new campaigns - and we added green cat shirts, momcat - different colors this time! The previous campaign is complete - you will get what you ordered, no worries!

Catty1
12-04-2014, 05:03 PM
I ordered a tee shirt!

Karen
12-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Excellent - and we hope the folks who didn't get a PetoftheDay.com shirt or hoodie will try again - as now we just need 5 between the two styles, instead of 5 each, to ensure printing happens!!

Karen
12-05-2014, 03:26 PM
And TeeSpring extended the deadline, so you can still order this weekend and get them in time for Christmas!

Karen
12-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Bumpity bump! Still time to order and get it by Christmas!

chocolatepuppy
12-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Added a blue dog t shirt! :o Considering a hoodie for me and a t shirt for a gift for a friend!;)

Karen
12-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Added a blue dog t shirt! :o Considering a hoodie and a t shirt for a gift for a friend!;)

Aww, that'd be fun! Thanks, the more the merrier! Hee hee - I type that without even realizing the Christmas association of merry! ;)

chocolatepuppy
12-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Aww, that'd be fun! Thanks, the more the merrier! Hee hee - I type that without even realizing the Christmas association of merry! ;)

The shirts I ordered already are because I WANT them.:p The hoodie for me and t shirt for a friend would be for Christmas.;)

I've been waiting a l-o-n-g time for PT shirts!:D

Karen
12-06-2014, 04:15 PM
The shirts I ordered already are because I WANT them.:p The hoodie for me and t shirt for a friend would be for Christmas.;)

I've been waiting a l-o-n-g time for PT shirts!:D

That's one of the reasons we are doing it!

Karen
12-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Only two days left for this campaign folks, and to order to get in time for Christmas! :)

Karen
12-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Only 1 more day - plus the rest of today, left to order and still get it in time for Christmas! So far the Cat and Dog ones will definitely print, just the PetoftheDay.com ones might not ...

Karen
12-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Tuesday - tomorrow - is the last day for these shirts or hoodies to be ordered:

http://teespring.com/PetoftheDay2
http://teespring.com/CatoftheDay2
http://teespring.com/DogoftheDay2

That way you can get them in time for Christmas - for yourself or others!

We also have a couple more designs/messages:

http://teespring.com/PetBreedApart - just 2 days for this set
http://teespring.com/catbreed
http://teespring.com/dogbreed

chocolatepuppy
12-09-2014, 05:39 AM
Guess who's getting themselves a Dog Hoodie for Christmas? :o :cool:

Karen
12-09-2014, 08:03 AM

That's good! :) You know you deserve it!

momcat
12-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Hi Karen,
Just wanted to let you and the others know that I got an email today saying my PT hoodie is on the way and should be here by December 15. Now that we're getting some cold days I can't wait to wear it. Thank you so very much for giving us the chance to show our love for our pets and spread the word about the greatest pet site going! :)

chocolatepuppy
12-09-2014, 04:12 PM
"themselves" :o I was getting ready for work. :rolleyes:

That's good! :) You know you deserve it!

I think I do!:D

Karen
12-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Last day for the "Breed Apart" shirts ...

http://teespring.com/dogbreed
http://teespring.com/catbreed

Sorry - Thursday, not today, is the last day for these!

joycenalex
12-15-2014, 01:21 PM
The cut is generous, which I wanted so I can layer for outside winter chores and dog walks.:love:. Next time I order I'd go a size down for a tee shirt . And so far this is the only piece of clothing without cat & dog hair all over it. :D I am happy with it.

Karen
12-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Oh, yay! Glad to hear it! :) I am sure the animals will anoint it with hair soon enough! Did you see we have a new one? Based on the Pope Francis quote/controversy ... (turns out it was a quote from a previous Pope, but we are sure Francis meant it, too!

http://PetoftheDay.com/allpets

Karen
12-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Are people receiving their ordered things now? We got our first one today, a Dog of the Day shirt! Yay!

momcat
12-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi Karen,
My hoodie arrved maybe a week or so ago. Our Cat Of The Day Tshirts got here today. Amigo is so excited they came because he's giving one to Mike aka Soncat for Christmas. I love them!

chocolatepuppy
12-18-2014, 08:55 PM
I got my first 'dog' shirt yesterday. I love it. I've got shirts from teespring before. Never any problems.

chocolatepuppy
12-24-2014, 12:32 PM
As of today I've received all of my t shirts and my hoodie!:cool: Love them all!

Karen
12-24-2014, 12:37 PM
As of today I've received all of my t shirts and my hoodie!:cool: Love them all!

Excellent - thanks for letting us know!

Catty1
12-24-2014, 05:36 PM
WOW! Teespring said my shirt would not be here until January 7th. It arrived today - Christmas Eve delivery!

I am wearing it to the family Christmas dinner tomorrow, along with the neat red sequin ballet-style house slippers I picked up a few days ago. Going to dress silly and happy!

The shirt is BEAUTIFUL and is obvious high quality (Hanes).

THANKS!

phesina
12-28-2014, 07:00 PM
I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY PURPLE CAT OF THE DAY T-SHIRT!!!

I just spent the last hour or two trying to send a message to Teespring, tracking down e-mails from them saying it was printing and from Paypal confirming the payment, then trying to send them an e-mail through their web site and their e-mail form page not responding and then crashing as I was trying to send it.. starting over again and finally (I hope) having it go through..

Karen
12-28-2014, 07:23 PM
I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY PURPLE CAT OF THE DAY T-SHIRT!!!

I just spent the last hour or two trying to send a message to Teespring, tracking down e-mails from them saying it was printing and from Paypal confirming the payment, then trying to send them an e-mail through their web site and their e-mail form page not responding and then crashing as I was trying to send it.. starting over again and finally (I hope) having it go through..

That's not good, Pat, we got ours, it was before last week I think! Hmm, they are delivered via the US Post Office, maybe check with your letter carrier?

phesina
01-17-2015, 04:09 PM
I filled you in from then on by e-mail, Karen, but I thought I should let everyone else know:

I talked to someone at the post office: It turned out my regular carrier was on vacation that week, and the substitute was confused by an earlier forwarding address (I had my mail sent to my sister's, also in Ann Arbor, while I was in the hospital and then rehab for a month with back surgery). He/she saw that was no longer in effect but didn't connect that my mail should come back to my own address, so was going to return it to the sender (teespring).

Meanwhile, I was also talking with teespring, and they said when it came back to them, they'd send it back to me.

At that point it had gotten as far as the district post office in Allen Park, MI on its return-to-sender journey. Someone at the post office here got in touch with them, and the next day it showed up in my mailbox!

I'm very happy with the t-shirt (which I am wearing at this moment), and I'm quite happy with teespring. :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
01-17-2015, 05:00 PM
I filled you in from then on by e-mail, Karen, but I thought I should let everyone else know:

I talked to someone at the post office: It turned out my regular carrier was on vacation that week, and the substitute was confused by an earlier forwarding address (I had my mail sent to my sister's, also in Ann Arbor, while I was in the hospital and then rehab for a month with back surgery). He/she saw that was no longer in effect but didn't connect that my mail should come back to my own address, so was going to return it to the sender (teespring).

Meanwhile, I was also talking with teespring, and they said when it came back to them, they'd send it back to me.

At that point it had gotten as far as the district post office in Allen Park, MI on its return-to-sender journey. Someone at the post office here got in touch with them, and the next day it showed up in my mailbox!

I'm very happy with the t-shirt (which I am wearing at this moment), and I'm quite happy with teespring. :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Aww, that's good! We're glad you like it!

mrspunkysmom
01-25-2015, 03:33 AM
Do we have a current shirt sale/order on at TeeSpring?

Karen
01-25-2015, 08:17 AM
Do we have a current shirt sale/order on at TeeSpring?

Right now we have a few running - Doggies Make Me Happy ended last night, but the current round of

Kitties Make Me Happy - http://teespring.com/kitties-make-me-happy has two days left

and we have Love Me, Love my Cats - http://teespring.com/lovemelovecats - two days left

We could also restart the Logo shirts campaigns if people want, too.