PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for wayne0214...PLEASE !!!

jenluckenbach
12-19-2002, 07:30 PM
Wayne has had 4 cat diagnosed with FeLV and put to sleep. Prince, Nightshade, Little Bit and his beloved Nikolai have departed for the RB and Wayne is so sad that posting here is hard. Please help to show him how much he means to us and that we are thinking of him in his time of sorry.
Wayne, I hope you do not mind my telling your PT family

Uabassoon
12-19-2002, 07:37 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Wayne. I know it must be so hard on you. It was very hard for me when I lost Zasper, I couldn't even begin to imagine the pain of lossing 4 cats. But I know that Zasper and all the other RB pets will be there to welcome them. But someday you will be reunited with them again and they will be healthy and happy and be so full of love knowing that you did what was best.

All Creatures Great And Small
12-19-2002, 07:40 PM
Wayne, I don't even know what to say in the face of such a loss. I am so sorry about your beloved furbabies. I know you must be grieving so badly. I hope your other kitties can be a comfort to you and help you heal.

Karen
12-19-2002, 07:56 PM
Oh, Wayne, what a sad time for you. We are all sorry to hear on the loss in your heart, but at least they got to travel to the Rainbow Bridge together, let that be a confort for you.

Felicia's Mom
12-19-2002, 08:25 PM
Wayne, I am so sorry. It is bad to lose one cat, I can't imagine losing four.

Logan
12-19-2002, 08:47 PM
Wayne,
I am so very sorry to read this tonight. I know you are grieving. Please let us know how you are when you can, and how the other cats are getting along as well.
You are in our prayers. :(
Logan

kimlovescats
12-19-2002, 08:59 PM
My deepest sympathy to you in your loss, Wayne!

Kim:(

AmberLee
12-19-2002, 09:14 PM
Dear Wayne,

So sorry to hear of your loss. We will be holding you and your fur-family in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there. What a shock.

Amber

Edwina's Secretary
12-19-2002, 09:50 PM
Oh Wayne....my heart aches for your loss.....RIP and peace be with you....

Sara

zippy-kat
12-19-2002, 11:05 PM
Soo sooo soo sorry for your loss, Wayne. My thoughts and well wishes are with you!

boscibo
12-19-2002, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, you have my sympathy.

shais_mom
12-20-2002, 12:30 AM
I am so sorry Wayne, You are in my thoughts.
Godspeed to the Bridge babies.

Miss Meow
12-20-2002, 03:43 AM
Wayne, I don't know what to say. This is such dreadful news and my heart is aching for you. We are thinking of you and hoping you are coping with this.

Rest in peace little ones

Vio&Juni
12-20-2002, 04:05 AM
I'm crying my eyes out :(
Such a loss!

12-20-2002, 04:17 AM
OMG , Wayne .... That is terrible ..!!

You love your cats so very much , so the loss of 4 in one time , it must be hardly bearable ..! If you need to talk about it , you may always PM me ; I know how much it hurt when I lost Sydney , so if I can help ... just call !
And be sure that a huge family of Pettalkers is thinking of you in this hard days !! Take care , Wayne !!!!http://www.jordysworld.de/emoticons/pflanze15.gif

wayne0214
12-20-2002, 05:27 AM
Thanks all for your heart-felt sympathies.(Jen, I am glad that you broke the news to the Pet Talk folks instead of me) I have been so associated with death this year of my favorite furkids that I am getting a little calous towards it. But my greatest loss is little Nikolai. I miss him jumping on the kitchen counter,curling up in my lap to sleep, his pizza and table scraps raiding, his loping gait as he was usually following or leading me as I walked through the house, and trying to get inside the 'frig everytime I went in there to get something. But I figured that it would be best to send all of them to the RB because of fear of spreading the disease to some of the neighbor's cats, should any of them get outside. Although there are only 7 furkids left, the house seems empty. But the 7 left, have all been checked spayed or neutered ,and/ or received vaccinations for distemper and FeLV, except Tiara, and all of my rescues are OK, namely; Tiger, Amy, and Otis. All of the RB furkids on this last go-round were thin an seemingly could not gain weight. After loosing Pepper this year to leukemia, and watching her waste away to nothing within a few weeks, I decided to have all of them euthanized, according to the vets' opinion, because the brochure that was given to me, stated that most furkids who have this disease, die within about 3 years, and sometimes a painful demise.

The one that I most feared would have this very contageous disease was Tiara, because she was the 3rd of the litter which included Prince and Pepper. But she tested negative! At least I have one lap-kitty left now. It is like I told Jen. on the PM messaging, that I looks like I brought a bunch of FeLV-infected kitties with me from Calif. I did have a loss of many kittens there, and now i suspect that it was due to inherited leukemia, as the brochure mentioned that also.

On a brighter note, I found the Independence Ks. humane society shelter just after loosing Nikolai, and Littlebit. For some reason I didn't know about the place, although I had been by there many times. When I went in there were MANY cats for adoption, including about 5 flame-point Siamese - the same as Otis, which I drove over 100 miles to Pittsburg, KS in order to get him. (He is sitting next to me now as I am writing this.) Laurie took me through the cat section and let me open each cage and hold the furkids. There were 2 or possibly 3 of them that I would like to adopt. One, that I told Laurie ( the keeper), I defintely wanted is a marbled, apx- 3yr old, yellow tabby, very affectionate. She took my telepone number and said that they have to keep any new arrivals for 72 hours before releasing them. Apparently, I can get her next Sunday. Also there is a little Russian Blue kitty, with more tabby markings on her than Nikolai had. I am seriously thinking about adopting her also. And there was one who kept nursing my shirt, he must be very lonely. (If I had the room I would have taken all of them!). I think the main reason why I missed the place is that they keep odd hours, and most everytime I went by , no one was there.

We also talked of volunteering my services, which she said I would be most welcome.

So, we loose some and we gain some. But all the kittens I lost this year still weigh on my memory, because of keeping older, infected furkids. Yes, it is a great loss, but now perhaps I can get to the root of the problem and possibly adopt a few more and healthy furkids. When I began to keep cats around the ranch, where I worked in central Calif., I did not know much about them. If it wasn't for the folks on Pet Talk forum, I would probably still keep them for utilitarian purposes only, and overlooking the potential close friends they can be. Thanks again for all of your concern and friendship.

,...........wayne.

delidog
12-20-2002, 05:40 AM
Wayne0214...

I am so sorry for your loss...i really don't know the right words.....
my heart goes out to you....
Godspeed and many prayers for your Dear,Departed Furbabies....My Miss Puss will be at The Bridge waiting to greet them and make sure they have a smooth Welcome!!!!!!

anna_66
12-20-2002, 07:37 AM
Losing one is hard, I can't even begin to imagine losing 4.

I'm glad you did what you felt needed to be done.

And on a good note, that there might be some new faces in your house to cheer things us:)

Take care & know we are here for you!

Anna

Sudilar
12-20-2002, 07:45 AM
Oh, Wayne, so terribly sorry for your great loss. I wouldn't be able to cope with one, how excruciating it must be with the loss of four. They are happy and healthy now at Rainbow Bridge, at least that is some comfort.

Russian Blue
12-20-2002, 08:59 AM
I don't think I could add anything that already hasn't been stated.

Warmest wishes and thoughts to pull you through.

wayne0214
12-20-2002, 09:18 AM
Kassandra, I appreciate all of your sentiments. I have decied to adopt the Russian Blue kitty which I saw at the shelter yesterday. In fact, I will be going there as soon as they open up. And I do still have Blue-Czarina, although she is a bit flakey in that she does not like to be picked up and only accepts scritchies when she want them. Is there that much difference between genders in the Russian Blues'?

.......wayne

smokey the elder
12-20-2002, 09:31 AM
Oh, Wayne, I'm so sorry about your cats. Four at once...I can't imagine that. Yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of Smokey's passing to the RB. Your precious babies will be greeted and groomed by her and she'll share her treats and shoestrings.

Bless your heart for opening your heart and home to other kitties so soon after your loss.

moosmom
12-20-2002, 09:36 AM
Oh Wayne, I am SO sorry to hear about your beloved kitties. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cataholic
12-20-2002, 09:43 AM
Wayne,
So much heart ache this year for your household. You and your furkids are in my prayers. May 2003 bring you nothing but health, happiness, and tons of love!
Johanna

lynnestankard
12-20-2002, 09:58 AM
Oh dear Wayne - how terribly sad this all is. To lose four kitties in one swoop seems so hard to take in. I'm keeping you in my prayers and hoping all our RB kitties have made Prince, Nightshade, Little Bit and Nikolai so Welcome. I'm betting they have.
{{{{Hugs}}}} coming across the miles from
Lynne xx

Russian Blue
12-20-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by wayne0214
And I do still have Blue-Czarina, although she is a bit flakey in that she does not like to be picked up and only accepts scritchies when she want them. Is there that much difference between genders in the Russian Blues'?

.......wayne

I am not an expert, since Nakita is my first Russian Blue. But Nakita is almost *over* loving at times. Like right now is was looking at me and just giving me those half-chirp meows she does. I really believe it's how they were socialized early on that will carry their behaviour through to adulthood. As a breed they are suppose to be ultimately loyal.

Also, I have been totally surprised with Nakita since the breed describes them as a somewhat scared breed. Nakita meets people at the door and will jump in their lap upon first introductions. Like I said she's a little love bug and I haven't been disappointed at all.

But I haven't had any experience with male Russian Blues. From what my breeder stated was that there should be no difference in the amount of love between the genders. It's all in the individual *cat* attitude.

;)

Heather Wallace
12-20-2002, 10:43 AM
I was so sorry to hear this Wayne

gini
12-20-2002, 10:56 AM
Wayne, you have had so much sorrow this year that it is hard to fathom what you have had to cope with.

I am completely distraught if I lose one - I cannot imagine losing four at once.

As Karen said, they are all together at the Rainbow Bridge and once again, fat, sassy and playing.

I sincerely hope that all possible diseases have been eliminated and that you can be confident in bringing in any new babies.

My heart goes out to you.

Gini and Rascal

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-20-2002, 11:08 AM
Oh my gosh, Wayne! I'm stunned and soooo, so sorry to hear this sad news. :(

You have been through so much since your move. I really hope, like you say, that this solves all the health problems your kitties have been having, and you can now have a healthy happy brood.

It sounds like you already have two more on the way, so please keep us up to date on their arrivals and how they get along with everyone else.

hugs to you and scritchies to all your kitties - even Blue-Czarina if she'll permit it.

ramanth
12-20-2002, 11:21 AM
Wayne, I'm so sorry for your loss.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

emily_the_spoiled
12-20-2002, 11:56 AM
Wayne, I can't begin to understand what you are feeling right now. I know that I was in tears as I read this post. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your furkids. I hope that you new additions will bring happiness and joy into your home again.

Randi
12-20-2002, 12:02 PM
Wayne, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! :( I know how sad you must feel, but you did the right thing, not letting them suffer!

I'm glad you're thinking of taking a few new ones in! They'll be over the moon being spoiled by you!

We'll keep you in our thoughts and hope you'll have a wonderful New Year with good health for you and your cats! :)

ChrisH
12-20-2002, 12:06 PM
Wayne, I am so sorry for your great loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cougie Wechsler
12-20-2002, 12:17 PM
May God Bless you and I pray that you will find some comfort. God Bless you and the rest of your furkids.

NoahsMommy
12-20-2002, 12:38 PM
Wayne....
I want to come to Kansas and give you a big hug. :( I pray that your are OK and your heart will heal.

You out there already, finding more kitties that need you is wonderful. There are so many out there and it is refreshing to see you open your heart during this time, you have a heart of gold. They are very lucky to have you...

My God bless you and your fur family.

Take care,
Kelly

Nomilynn
12-20-2002, 12:48 PM
Wayne,

I'm so sorry about this great loss. I can't even imagine how awful that would be! I think it's amazing that you are still able to find it in your heart to take in more that need a forever home. God bless you!

I have a russian blue mix, Bassett. I've also done quite a bit of research on the breed because of Bassett's very distinct personality. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and I'll do my best. I'm no expert, but I have had 3 yrs of experience with Bassett now.

Naomi

momoffuzzyfaces
12-20-2002, 12:52 PM
(((HUGS)))
Aw, Wayne. My heart is breaking for you! I know how hard is is to let one go. I can't even imagine losing 4 at one time. I'm sure Leroy met them at the bridge and helped show them around along with a whole crowd of RB pets from Pet Talkers. Prayers are with you as you try to deal with this loss.

Barbara
12-20-2002, 01:09 PM
Wayne -I'm so sorry. I'm crying for you and the sweet ones.
Be strong for all the others who need your help and will give you their love.
Barbara

2kitties
12-20-2002, 02:09 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. I'll send warm wishes and a prayer your way.

krazyaboutkatz
12-21-2002, 11:58 PM
Wayne, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your 4 cats.:( I can't even imagine losing 1 cat. I'm sure they're playing at RB together. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care Wayne. {{{HUGS}}}

AdoreMyDogs
12-22-2002, 08:53 PM
I am so sorry. You must be devistated. I think you are very brave to be able to do that and I know that you are a strong person. They are all keeping each other warm and happy while they wait for you at the bridge. You have my sincere condolences. What a tremendous loss.

I don't know what to say that has not already been said. Just know that you can add me to your list of sincere supporters during your time of grieving and loss. Hugs to you.