PDA

View Full Version : Marvelous Meadow

Karen
11-24-2014, 03:01 AM
What a beauty you are, Meadow, and those ears are just amazing! We do not think you look like a rhino one bit, those extra tufts just give you character! Those green eyes against that red fur is a striking combination, and you are certainly built for speed with those legs legs, and long nose, too! We are so glad those hikers rescued you from the mountainside, and got you to a rescue that flew you halfway around the world to California! A fitting state, as the first Europeans there were Spanish missionaries , so I am betting you feel right at home. We know a foster failure is the very best kind of failure ever, and can see how your quirky, joyful personality won their hearts! That's an impressive welcome home, and even Glad you are here" after your nap! Congratulations, beautiful Meadow, it is your golden day to shine! And maybe you will be the very first Podenco Ibicenco some people will meet, and will inspire others to invite one to share their homes, too!

kaoK'okung
11-24-2014, 03:51 AM
Beautiful Meadow... what a great name to be given after surviving all you did and with a heart of a rhino!! You deserve this day, you have earned it.... keep smilin'.... :)

DonnaDWM
11-24-2014, 07:10 AM
Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
How could anyone abandon such a beautiful girl?
You did hit the jackpot with a family that loves you.
You look so comfy and happy in all of your pictures.
Celebrate your special DOTD.

mom210
11-24-2014, 08:04 AM
A little Poddy girl! Meadow you are very cute. Your ears are like giant antennas! Last week's DOTD Baltasar is happy to have a fellow Spanish countrydoggeh on DOTD!!

I vote that your humans fail fostering and keep you!!!!! :love:

opschick
11-24-2014, 10:50 AM
hI Meadow, what a kind face you have. I"m sorry you had such a bad start in life, but I'm glad you were rescued and have a great family now. Happy DOTD!!

SWHouston
11-24-2014, 12:19 PM
I bet you're a good listener :D

mon
11-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Awsome DOTD, so glad Meadow was saved! Truly a beautiful dog in every way, loved seeing sweet Meadow today SO very much!

cassiesmom
11-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Hello, beautiful golden Meadow! You are the first Podenco Ibicenco I have ever met! I like your hazel green eyes and your alert ears! And that you get to have all kinds of fun in beautiful California! You are learning how to be a family member, a much-loved dog, playing with toys and being with your caring people! Happy, happy Dog of the Day to you, Meadow!

tatsxxx11
11-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Greetings Meadow! Happy Dog of the Day!!!:)

What a brave, beautiful Podenco Ibicenco girl you are, Meadow! Oh my, your red coat is simply gorgeous, and such a striking contrast to those sparkling, topaz colored eyes of yours! And yes, your ears ARE amazing! You sure know how to mug for the camera, Meadow! Your photos are exquisite!

It's just heartbreaking, the thought that anyone could abandon a girl as beautiful, as sweet and loving as you!:( And to think how many more of you are "out there," homeless or worse; waiting to be rescued, waiting for their forever families, is beyond heartbreaking! But we are so thankful to Hound Sanctuary for their incredible dedication, for saving you from an unspeakable fate, and to your parents, for opening up their home and hearts to such a deserving doggie! I think that there are more than a few here who would join me in proclaiming, "Yay for foster failures!":D And oh yes, you most certainly are one fine ambassador for Podenco Ibicencos world wide, Meadow, and I hope after reading your heartwarming, inspirational story, others will be inspired to consider Podenco Ibicenco adoption as well!

Great thanks to your Mom and Dad for shedding light on such a worthy cause, for sharing you with us all! I only wish your Mom had included a pic/video of you doing your "Flashdance," flashing that smile!:D How lucky your parents are to have such a beautiful, joyful, devoted best friend and furkid in you, Meadow! You're a treasure, living proof of the priceless rewards of fostering and adoption!

Hope you're enjoying an extra special day, sweetheart, being spoiled rotten!:D Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Meadow, our very special and most deserving Dog of the Day!:love::love::love:

http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2014/November/24.jpg

kaycountrygal
11-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Hello Meadow, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm sure you wake up every day and are glad you're alive and have a wonderful loving home. I think you're a cute girl and I enjoyed all the great photos. I hope you have many more happy healthy years with your family. Congrats on being DOTD!

dogloverstore
11-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Wow a Podenco Ibicenco! Also known as an Ibizan Hound..we don't see a lot of YOU in the United States. Although we love all breeds equally, the U.S. is filled with labs, and terriers, and boxers...oh my! ;) You have such a unique look, which I'm sure makes you that much easier to love :love: Congrats on DOTD