PDA

View Full Version : Dear publishers

Lady's Human
11-10-2014, 06:03 AM
I wish you'd publish classics without the commentaries.

I want Machiavelli, not Machiavelli with commentaries by (insert some academic neither I nor 99.99% of the world have ever heard of).

I don't want Kant on nook book. I don't nook. I don't kindle, I don't Ipad. I want a bound copy printed on paper preferably without paying 3 arms and 4 legs for it. Yes, I know I tend to want obscure books, but if you didn't charge me $20-30 for a paperback I'd be able to purchase more books.

Karen
11-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Maybe your local library will have a copy you can borrow? Then order a used one from Amazon? I am thinking there's some college student out there who had to buy it that now wants rid of it?

Lady's Human
11-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Nothing to do with college, just irritated that any of the classics printed now come with commentary (which you have to pay extra for). In the case of "The Prince", (which I already have, just using it as an example) the commentary is frequently longer than the original writings.

Karen
11-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Nothing to do with college, just irritated that any of the classics printed now come with commentary (which you have to pay extra for). In the case of "The Prince", (which I already have, just using it as an example) the commentary is frequently longer than the original writings.

Sheesh! Maybe used books are the way to go, and publishers will get the idea when no one buys the annotated versions?

(True autocorrect fail this - I initial typed annote - and it changed it to annoy!)