PDA

View Full Version : Animal Limit

dmarie89
10-31-2014, 11:43 PM
Does anyone have any links or know of how many dogs and cats a person can have in Flint,MI? I have searched everywhere and I get no where in my searches. :(

Karen
11-01-2014, 02:05 AM
We have several Michigan folks around here, maybe one of them can help you! I looked on the city website, and could not find anything, but hopefully one of them will know!

Freedom
11-01-2014, 08:37 AM
Most communities do not post this. You will need to call / ask at City Hall, or check with the ACO (Animal Control Officer).

I recommend you call, and that you use someone else's phone, so the caller ID is not YOU.

Jessika
11-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Yes, call your local animal control for the city/county you live in.

Lady's Human
11-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Go to the city's website and look up the animal-related ordinances.

Karen
11-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Go to the city's website and look up the animal-related ordinances.

I tried that, Flint's website does not list animal ordinances!

Lady's Human
11-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Yeppers, it does.

Follow the link to city ordinances, they're under chapter 9, and there's no stated limit.

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Michigan/flint_mi/cityofflintmichigancodeofordinances?f=templates$fn =default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:flint_mi

Karen
11-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Yeppers, it does.

Follow the link to city ordinances, they're under chapter 9, and there's no stated limit.

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Michigan/flint_mi/cityofflintmichigancodeofordinances?f=templates$fn =default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:flint_mi

You got further than I did! My machine balked at one of the sets along the way .... Thanks!

Lady's Human
11-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Most communities do not post this. You will need to call / ask at City Hall, or check with the ACO (Animal Control Officer).

As an aside, if a community has an animal limit, and doesn't post it publicly, they're opening themselves up to legal issues, as ordinances are required to be public knowledge. That is the reason ignorance of the law cannot be claimed as a defense, the law is public knowledge.

chocolatepuppy
11-02-2014, 08:47 AM
I recommend you call, and that you use someone else's phone, so the caller ID is not YOU.

Very good advice Sandie.;)

pomtzu
11-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Is this for real??? I remembered reading precisely this same thing not too long ago, so I checked it out. It was another thread only it was in "General", and titled ANIMAL LIMIT also - started by phoenixfire on 5/7/14. Doesn't sound like a coincidence to me.

Jessika
11-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Is this for real??? I remembered reading precisely this same thing not too long ago, so I checked it out. It was another thread only it was in "General", and titled ANIMAL LIMIT also - started by phoenixfire on 5/7/14. Doesn't sound like a coincidence to me.
Is what for real? Is there some background/drama to this that I'm missing?

pomtzu
11-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Is what for real? Is there some background/drama to this that I'm missing?

No - I was just stating that this same post was previously posted by a DIFFERENT person, and it was a one time post - never anything else said by stated person. Seems strange to me that 2 different people would post the very same thing and 6 months apart. Feel free to interpret it in a different way, but frankly, I find it "odd". Just stating my opinion here, and of course, no one has to agree with me.

Vette
11-12-2014, 04:34 PM
No - I was just stating that this same post was previously posted by a DIFFERENT person, and it was a one time post - never anything else said by stated person. Seems strange to me that 2 different people would post the very same thing and 6 months apart. Feel free to interpret it in a different way, but frankly, I find it "odd". Just stating my opinion here, and of course, no one has to agree with me.

I also noticed this an also noticed someone who posted a while back talking about Pitbulls an sounded like a... to put it slightly more polite a 'tard' about the breed than never posted again anywhere else. hmmm

i think some peeps join to post threads/topics just to rile