PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Buddy formerly known as Little Pumpkin

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone. I know it's been a long time since I've even been on PT but I had to share some news. I'm now the proud owner of a small dog now named Buddy.:) My boyfriend has owned a few dogs and he really missed having one so I began looking for a small one. Since I live in a condo it had to be under 25lbs and I also didn't want a yappy dog. I found one through petfinder in tailchasers rescue group. My co-worker who has also been looking for a dog was the one who informed me of this rescue group. We had both applied for a little puppy named Snoopy but she was denied since she still has an older dog and one family was ahead of me in meeting him and they decided to adopt him so I never got to meet him. I then found a dog named Little Pumpkin who was being fostered in Manteca,CA. The foster mom was able to meet us in Tracy,CA at a sports venue. It was still about an hours drive to get there. His adoption fee was only $40 and he was neutered. I also thought that he was up to date on shots but he wasn't which I was very surprised to find out. So I adopted him last Saturday and he's been pretty good so far. He's about 8 months old and about 8lbs. He loves people and other dogs but has never been around cats. He also seems to have some separation anxiety and we're trying to get him crate trained. He does sleep with us at night because he goes crazy in his crate if he doesn't. What breed/breeds do you think he is? I'll let you know what people and the rescue group listed him as later. Here's his petfinder picture and a video that his foster mom took of him playing with her dogs. Enjoy!!!:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/Buddy%20October%2031%202014/LittlePumpkin-fromTailchasersrescuegroup6monthsold.jpg?t=1414778 955

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/Buddy%20October%2031%202014/th_20141023_115405.mp4 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/Buddy%20October%2031%202014/20141023_115405.mp4)

Karen
10-31-2014, 02:05 PM
Congratulations, and welcome to Pet Talk, Buddy! I hope you like kitties!

Grace
10-31-2014, 02:09 PM
Well, the color is perfect :love:

He's adorable, Tracey. How do the cats like him?

wolflady
10-31-2014, 02:57 PM
OMG!!! Congratulations Tracey, you are now part of the dog world! How are the cats taking to this new furry family member? It definitely looks like there is a bit of Chihuahua in there somewhere. Great color! ;-)

cassiesmom
10-31-2014, 03:46 PM
It definitely looks like there is a bit of Chihuahua in there somewhere.;-)

That's what I was thinking too! I like his golden brown coat, too!

K9soul
10-31-2014, 04:12 PM
Congratulations! The face looks very chihuahua-like. With the long legs and long neck, possibly some Italian Greyhound? Sometimes mixes can be very surprising though!

Karen
10-31-2014, 05:01 PM
Depending on personality, Definitely Chihuahua and maybe part Rat Terrier or red Mini Pin ... but as he's pretty quiet, maybe the aforementioned Italian Greyhound is more likely than the terrier.

Taz_Zoee
10-31-2014, 06:22 PM
He is adorable!!!
I'd go with the Chihuahua/Italian Greyhound too. Definitely not pure Chi.

Welcome to a great home Buddy!!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2014, 06:29 PM
The rescue group had him listed as an Italian greyhound/minpin mix but the shelter that he was pulled from listed him as chihuahua. When I took him to the vet the vet techs thought he looked and acted like an Italian greyhound but the pharmacy tech said he looks just like her minpin. I think he may have a mix of all 3 breeds. He has long legs and a long neck. He also tends to get cold easily. He whimpers more than he barks. He likes to chase the cats but things are getting better. The cats are always on high alert for him but they can be in the same room with each other as long as Buddy is preoccupied or on the couch with us. He really is a good dog.

DJFyrewolf36
10-31-2014, 10:09 PM
He's adorable!!! Congrats! :D:love:

shais_mom
10-31-2014, 11:47 PM
welcome to Dog-Mom-dom!!! :) Definitely a Chi mix!

Bonny
11-01-2014, 06:45 AM
Buddy sure is cute. Congratulations :)

kaycountrygal
11-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Oh My! Congrats on having Buddy! He sure is cute and my first thought was "Chihuahua". My LilGirl (see below) is part Chihuahua (mother) and Rat Terrier (father). She is very sweet and has never been snappy or whatever chi's have a bad rep for doing. Even my vet & the techs say LilGirl is not like the typical chi that they see. Anyway Buddy sure is adorable!

Scooter's Mom
11-06-2014, 08:20 PM
I think Buddy is super cute :)

Vette
11-10-2014, 05:33 AM
Oh hes super cute!

he deff has the greyhoundy like head an ears ^^

krazyaboutkatz
11-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks everyone.:) Buddy is doing very well except for the fact that he will still have some peeing and pooping accidents on my carpet/kitchen floor. I have now put down some puppy pee pads but he doesn't always use them.:( My boyfriend and I take him out for walks many times throughout the day and night. He also has very bad separation anxiety and will throw a fit with loud whining and barking whenever he's put in his crate.:( He goes in tomorrow for another shot. I hope he won't cry too much this time. He gets so excited whenever he sees another dog. He wants to play with them. I'm going to see how much it would cost per day at Petsmarts' doggie day care. Maybe I can afford to take him there a few times a week.

Most of the cats are fine being around him now. Finnegan will even play with Buddy. It's so cute to watch. Colby is still very scared of Buddy so he stays in the cat room most of the day. Summer is also pretty scared because in the beginning Buddy chased her which I wasn't very happy about. The other cats have learned to walk slower around Buddy so he won't chase them. Since Buddy sleeps with us at night, the cats now know that it's completely safe to roam around the rest of my condo during the night. All in all it's working out well.:)

mrspunkysmom
11-23-2014, 12:54 AM
Hey Buddy. Looking good.