PDA

View Full Version : My Poor Scrappy Two , I think she had a stroke.

catmandu
10-27-2014, 09:16 AM
:(
I cmae home Saturday and my Dear Miracle Cat Scrappy Two was having trouble walking.
I checked her paws and they were fine then I noticed that she was drooling and her eyes had such a blank look.
She walks through her food , and does not remember what the litterbox is for.
That is a horrible feeling that my Dear One does not know me.
Thank God for Miquelito , and Sydney Angel who comfort her.
I will of course keep her safe and warm, and will seek my Vet's advice.
Poor Little Miracle Cat:(

phesina
10-27-2014, 09:58 AM
We are sending all our love and prayers and healing energies to our dear Scrappy Two. Sydney Angel is by her side.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Felicia's Mom
10-27-2014, 11:08 AM
I am sorry to hear this. Keeping Scrappy Two and you in my prayers,

Freedom
10-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Oh no, praying in RI for Scrappy Two.

Please let us know what the vet says. I'm wondering if it is vestibular syndrome.

Cataholic
10-27-2014, 11:42 AM
I am so sorry to hear this, Gary. Hoping for the best.

Catty1
10-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Prayers for Scrappy Two. You have a wonderful vet, which is great. I hope she feels better very soon. :love:

Karen
10-27-2014, 03:50 PM
Hope she feels better soon - it could be many different things!

cassiesmom
10-27-2014, 03:53 PM
Prayers for Scrappy Two and her dear dad! :love:

catmandu
10-28-2014, 09:30 AM
My Miracle Cat was walking better, but she seems oblivious to the fact that she is walking through her food , and will suddenly start crying , she seems like a Kitten again.
Thank God for Sydney Angel, all my Found Hotel Cat Angels and Miquelito, Panther and Mickey Fluffy Tail who are looking out for their Dear Friend.
She is such a Good Cat.:love::love::love:

phesina
10-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Loads of love and prayers and kitty kisses and Angel kisses continue to come from us.

kaycountrygal
10-28-2014, 10:17 AM
I am sorry to hear that your cat is not well. I'll come back to check for updates.

mon
10-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Hoping with all my heart wee Scrappy Two will recover.

katladyd
10-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Gary, I am sending rayers up for both you and Scrappy Two. She is such a cute kitty girl!:love::love:

Freedom
10-28-2014, 06:18 PM
Just stopping by to see what the vet said. Guess no news yet.

sallyandsnowx
10-28-2014, 08:34 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. Sending positive thoughts your way :love:

catmandu
10-29-2014, 09:08 AM
My Vet is coming Tomorrow to examine and needle all the Found Hotel Cats , and do a preliminary examination of My Miracle Cat.
But he warned me that if it was a stoke, there was little that could be done.
Scrappy Two is walking running and meewing, she is almost like a Kitten.
Thank You so much for your prayers and good wishes.
:love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
10-29-2014, 10:37 PM
Prayers, love, and scritches for SCrappy Two. Hugs for Gary. :love:

catmandu
10-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Scrappy Two is on her way to the Vets, and the vet assistant thinks that Scrappy Two may have lost her eye sight.
She does not seem to found hand motion, and has to be led to her food.
I will give all the time I can, I will fight for my Little Miracle Cat:love::love::love:

Freedom
10-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Oh my not at all what we thought. Holding her in my prayers.

RICHARD
10-30-2014, 11:16 AM
gary,

Sending you prayers.

Sorry to hear about S2..

phesina
10-30-2014, 11:42 AM
We are continuing to send all our prayers and love and healing energies and warmth and Angel kisses to our dearest Scrappy Two and you, Gary.

katladyd
10-30-2014, 12:59 PM
I am sending up prayers for dear Scrappy Two. I hope it is a temporary loss of sight for her. :love::love:

maid25cats
10-30-2014, 09:14 PM
You and Scrappy 2 will be in my prayers.

catmandu
10-31-2014, 09:27 AM
My Vet emailed and confirmed that Scrappy Two has lost a lot of her vision, but is not totally blind.
She has a dental cleaning , and a vitamin supplement in her food so she will be better.
Our Cats do not see as much as they smell , and she does have Panther and Miquelito and Mickey Fluffy Tail to help her.
WE thank you so much for all the prayers and good wishes.:love::love::love:

phesina
10-31-2014, 09:35 AM
Oh, Gary, I'm so glad this is not quite as serious as had been feared! Now that you know what's going on, you all will adapt in whatever ways will work best for her.

God bless! More prayers and warm energies and love are being sent.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

katladyd
10-31-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm glad it wasn't something more serious, Gary. I hope you and Scrappy Two enjoy many more years together.:love:

Freedom
11-01-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm curious if the vet has any idea what caused the vision loss.

Having a vision impaired kitty in the house will be new for you, Gary. At least, I think so; can't recall you ever writing about having one. I know for dogs, they learn their way starting from the water bowl. That is their reference point. So guardians of vision impaired dogs are advised not to relocate the water bowl. Should the dog ever get 'turned around,' it just makes its way to the water bowl, and starts off again. I'm not familiar with how this works for a cat. Perhaps you will want to search online.

The more obvious thing is not to move furniture. As she adapts, she will be back to jumping up on chairs and such. For some people, decorating for Christmas involves moving furniture. (Making room for a tree). Anyway, redecorating, relocating furniture, should be kept to a minimum.

Also keep the litter boxes where they have always been.

It's nice that she has lived with you when she could see well. This means she is already familiar with everything.

catmandu
11-01-2014, 09:25 AM
:love::love:
We had a Blind Cat Ebony who was blinded in a lab that went under and left with the Animals in cages.
Ebony was visited by Moose , Joseph and Michael , but he was scared of me.
I made a fort for Ebony in the bath tub with his litter box and food where he could get to them, and a lady Vet came from Animal Rescue to give him shots.
He did not last long , only 7 months , but at least he was a Found Hotel Cat when he became an Angel.:love::love:
Scrappy Two is home, and with clean teeth and vitamins is eating up a storm.
My Vet thinks that whether or not it was a stroke is a moot point.
Her sight is impaired, but her balance is a lot better, and she can find her food and Sydney ChristinOfur was washing her.
My Little Miracle Cat is home.
:love::love::love::love::love::love:

phesina
11-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Oh, what good news! Welcome back HOME, darling sweet beloved dearest little Scrappy Two! And how nice that Sydney ChristinOfur washed you! Sydney Angel is with you always, of course.

All the other kitties and your dear Dad are so glad to have you back home. You will do just fine now!

kaycountrygal
11-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Glad to hear Scrappy Two is home and some better albeit with a vision problem. Hope she has more good days to come.

mrspunkysmom
11-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Prayers of SCrappy Two and her improvement.

catmandu
11-03-2014, 09:30 AM
I have been keeping Scrappy Two in my bedroom , where she is not as likely to be dis oriented .
She sleeps at the end of the bed , and her litter box is close so there are no accidents.
I have been bringing treats home today will be a Beef Subway Sub!!!
I love My Scrappy Two and I know Sydney Angel , and her Found Hotel Cat Angels have been bringing warmth!!!
:cool::cool::cool:

catmandu
11-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Scrappy Two is walking a lot better now , and is finding her food better , I can swear that I hear Angels guiding her.
She , Sydney , Moose Angels and Co had an Arby Roast beef Sadwhich , and today there were Roast Beef Ends at the Deli.
She is going to be one pampered Cat.
I love my Miracle Cat.

smokey the elder
11-06-2014, 02:14 PM
You take such good care of your Found Cats. I'm glad Scrappy Two is doing better!:love:

phesina
11-06-2014, 02:14 PM
What great news!

cassiesmom
11-06-2014, 02:54 PM
You take such good care of your Found Cats. I'm glad Scrappy Two is doing better!:love:

Agree agree agree! I am glad she's doing better, too! :love:

catmandu
11-07-2014, 09:08 AM
And I was talking to the Lady who runs an excellent Hot Dog and Sausage stand near the Found Cat Hotel, and she had some cans of Cat Food that her Cat would not touch.
I am a good customer so she let me have them and there were Royal Canin Kitten!!
Scrappy Two devours that with gusto , I have to make sure the Other Cats don't share as she needs it more.
Now I will buy her some more , nothing is too good for my Miracle Cat.:love::love::love:

katladyd
11-07-2014, 02:54 PM
What a nice lady she is! And what a great cat dad you are! I hope Scrappy Two keeps improving and you have many more years with your little Miracle Cat!:love:

Freedom
11-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Sounds like Scrappy 2 is adapting and adjusting very well -- with an assist from you Gary, and from the other kitties there. Great news!

catmandu
11-08-2014, 09:19 AM
My friend the Hot Dog Lady where we often dine has a Fussy Cat so she gave me some food her Cat will not eat , and they were premium foods like Royal Canin and Go Stews.
Scrappy Two loves them , especially the Royal Canin Kitten development.
She is blind sadly and other than vitamins and Medical Kitten Canned , she needs love and care.
Panther , Miquelito and Mickey Fluffy Tail , and all the Angels , especially a certain Sydney are making her PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
:love::love::love::love:

phesina
11-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Lovies and good warm wishes to dearest Scrappy Two and you, Gary.

catmandu
11-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Thank You , Dear Friend Pat and Cats and all those who have prayed for My Miracle Cat Scrappy Two/
She will have a good day as I am smuggling some Deli meat samples for my Dear One!
Especially the Roast Beef!!!:cool::cool::cool:

phesina
11-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Sydney Angel tells me she and he are enjoying the roast beef and all the meat!

catmandu
11-10-2014, 09:22 AM
And today Pat , Swiss Chalet Chicken!!!!:cool:

phesina
11-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Oh, they're going to love that!

catmandu
11-11-2014, 09:23 AM
They were sharing Pat , Scrappy Two got the Chicken Sydney Angel got the Bacon, and they shared the Swiss Cheese!!!
There sure was a lot of PURRRRING!!!!:love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
11-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Gary, it is so nice to hear that the kitties are sharing and being nice to Scrappy Two. :D

catmandu
11-12-2014, 09:23 AM
The good news mrspunkys mom is that Scrappy Two has at least partial vision in her left eye and is eating, she loved her meatball sub yesterday with extra cheese , and she was running.Thank You all she mews for your kind thoughts and prayers!!:love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
11-12-2014, 08:02 PM
The good news mrspunkys mom is that Scrappy Two has at least partial vision in her left eye and is eating, she loved her meatball sub yesterday with extra cheese , and she was running.Thank You all she mews for your kind thoughts and prayers!!:love::love::love:

Awesome news, Gary.

catmandu
11-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Scrappy Two is eating better, I bring her take out mrspunkys mom and Pat.
I had taken Scrappy Two for granted, I will make up for that now that she needs me.:love::love:

mrspunkysmom
11-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Hugs Gary, I'm sure she appreciates it.

Catty1
11-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Wonderful news about Scrappy Two! May she live long and prosper!

katladyd
11-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Gary, I am sure you have never taken any cat for granted. With multiple cats it is hard to keep a close eye on all of them. The love :love: was there, though, of that I am sure!

phesina
11-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Scrappy Two knows just how much you love her, Gary, and she loves you back just as much. (Sydney told me all about it.)

catmandu
11-14-2014, 09:25 AM
And yesterday was even better as I bought a fish , bass with vegetables and sliced cooked chicken at the Starsky Deli, and was Scrappy Two ever happy!!!
:cool::cool:
Thank You Pat and mrspunkysmom , My Scrappy Two and her Sydney Angel are purring for you :love::love:

mrspunkysmom
11-15-2014, 08:12 PM
That sounds right yummy. I'm making chicken soup with chicken and various veggies. Sam loves the broth. It's tasty, provides nutrients, and keeps him hydrated. I do NOT use spices. I use a small bit of onion myself, but be careful, since many cats do not handle onions or garlic well. Advice: no onions or garlic.

Hugs to You and Scrappy Two.

catmandu
11-16-2014, 12:30 PM
We will try that recipe for Scrappy Two, we are sure that if Sam likes it , then Scrappy Two will as well.
She had some chopped up steak , and some cheese , her favorite the Kraft old white and tubs of Whiska's Chicken.
I wonder if she was hungry, and the bigger Cats ate all the canned food and she could not eat the dry.
I hope that my Vet can help her when she goes in Tuesday , she is going to have a great Catmas this year!!!:love::love::love:

phesina
11-16-2014, 06:57 PM
We are all sending our love and prayers and healing energies. Sydney Angel will deliver them. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

momcat
11-16-2014, 07:29 PM
When I first saw this, my heart broke. As I read through your thread it was a relief to know that Scrappy Two didn't have a stroke but I'm so very sorry that your sweetie is losing her sight. From your updates it sounds like she's adapting well and making the best of her situation. Somehow I wasn't at all surprised that all of the Found Cats are helping Scrappy Two along. That's love.
Amigo and I want to assure you that our prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way. And Gary, I respectfully disagree with you taking Scrappy Two for granted. Your kitties get only the best of everything, especially your love. If there's anything I can do to help you and/or Scrappy Two, I'm only a pm away. Sending lots of lovies for Scrappy Two and all of her kitty siblings.

mrspunkysmom
11-16-2014, 08:02 PM
We will try that recipe for Scrappy Two, we are sure that if Sam likes it , then Scrappy Two will as well.
She had some chopped up steak , and some cheese , her favorite the Kraft old white and tubs of Whiska's Chicken.
I wonder if she was hungry, and the bigger Cats ate all the canned food and she could not eat the dry.
I hope that my Vet can help her when she goes in Tuesday , she is going to have a great Catmas this year!!!:love::love::love:

I had to correct the recipes: no spices (typo) and no onion or garlic. It can make some kitties sick.

catmandu
11-18-2014, 09:23 AM
I appreciate that mrspunkysmom, but have no fear as I am spices and onions as well.
Even onion rings!!!
I did let Empress Josephine and Sydney ChristinOfur monopolize my time as they are the squeaky wheels.
I did not notice that Scrappy Two was losing weight or that Malcolm the Mild had a rash.
My Scrappy Two is eating despite a cold, she had Chicken, Cheese and Cabbage roll, as well as Whiska's Tubs.
I hope she is strong enough for the Vet and she appreciated Mr Spunky and Sydney's visit!!!:love::love::love:

catmandu
11-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Scrappy Two is home from the Vets with sparkling teeth , and a big appetite , and I am going to keep bringing her take out , as I treasure my Tuxedo lady.
She LOVED the grilled fish from Starsky , and the Subway Meat Ball Sub, with a cheese sample.
We have become a lot closer , and we thank all of our Cat Lovers who sent prayers and good wishes and all the Angels who came to visit especially her Sydney Dearest!!!
I loved my Scrappy two.

phesina
11-24-2014, 12:23 PM
What good news! Welcome HOME, dearest Scrappy Two. Your Dad loves you so very much! (And you love him just as much right back.)

catmandu
11-25-2014, 09:31 AM
Scrappy Two is making up for lost time , and is eating up her Whiska's pouches and soon Dry Kitten Food,
WE have rebonded again , and we are such good pals, now I feel i am neglecting Sydney ChristinOfur and Josephine Empress.
I love all My Cats and want to be fair.
She is My Kitten again.:love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
11-27-2014, 04:12 PM
I am so glad she is doing much better.

catmandu
11-28-2014, 09:46 AM
We have rebonded mrspunkysmom and are again as close as we ever were.
When she had her Older Found Hotel Cats , she was with them a lot, but the newer Cats are not as loving , so she has turned to her Human Dad.
With Sydney and The Older Cats and my love, it will be a great Pet Mas!!!!:love::love::love: