PDA

View Full Version : Cooler Weather Cravings

Karen
10-25-2014, 06:17 PM
I so want to bake when cooler weather hits (will do cookies tonight), and crave soups, too. Apple pie would really hit the spot, too - with a slice of sharp cheddar.

What do you suddenly crave when autumn hits its stride?

Karen
10-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Oh, and my tea has definitely changed over from ginger peach iced to hot chai or "black" - plain old tea.

Queen of Poop
10-25-2014, 10:31 PM
With snow in the forecast tomorrow I found I was craving chili. So I made a pot of tofu chili today. Hit the spot!

pomtzu
10-26-2014, 08:24 AM
This cooler weather makes me want to bake cookies, and breads like banana or pumpkin. And of course crock pot cooking - especially chilli or beef stew or pot roast and veggies or chicken and potatoes. Heck - just about anything that will make a whole meal in one shot in the crock pot!!!!!!! :D

Freedom
10-26-2014, 09:12 AM
Baking and stews! I've made quite a bit in the past 2 weeks. YUM!

And it isn't just the heating of the oven, making double duty by both warming the kitchen and cooking something. It is the aromas! Wafting through the house, as I walk out of a room and head towards the kitchen, the wondrous smells make me giddy, lol.

kuhio98
10-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Add us to the crock pot brigade. :) Ham and navy beans are in our near future -- with a big slab of buttery cornbread on the side. :love::love::love:

momcat
10-26-2014, 03:22 PM
Now that fall is finally here it's pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pie, a pot of something cooking slowly on the stove, pumpkin pie. For whatever reason, Mike & I don't think of soup as being real food so that one never works around here. Grilled cheese sandwiches, a variation on paella, just about any casserole, did I mention pumpkin pie?