PDA

View Full Version : Standing ovation for Sergeant-at-arms Kevin Vickers

Catty1
10-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Vickers is a retired member of the RCMP. An online commenter noted "His demeanour is a credit to him. It is obvious that he took no pleasure in killing this man but that he takes his duty seriously. He is a good man, a great Canadian."

An emotional opening to today's sitting of the House of Commons. The daily Speaker's Parade to the House is led by Sergeant-at-arms Kevin Vickers, who shot and killed the gunman in yesterday's attack. Watch raw video as MPs give him a standing ovation.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152802025764604

Karen
10-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Bless him, may he find comfort and peace knowing what he did was the right thing!

mrspunkysmom
10-23-2014, 12:27 PM
My word, he was crying. A good man, indeed.

phesina
10-23-2014, 04:32 PM
God bless Sergeant-at-arms Kevin Vickers. A good man, indeed.

:love::love::love::love:

Litterati
10-23-2014, 10:15 PM
As a Canadian, in light of this appalling tragedy, I am so proud of Sergeant-at-arms Vickers!

david p
10-24-2014, 08:03 AM
I agree. Kevin Vickers was not only a hero for the Canadian people, but also for the free world.

phesina
10-24-2014, 04:55 PM
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editorial-cartoon/2014-10-23-editorial-cartoon

momcat
10-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Kevin Vickers is one extraordinary man, he remained calm and focused while doing what needed to be done. My Canadian friends, my heart shattered when I first heard this terrible news both for you and for Canada. The coverage was on the Philadelphia news all day. During the evening news a local tv station showed the editorial shared by Phesina, it's so on point that I can't refer to it as a cartoon. It's much too beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. That night a Canadian hockey team played a US team here, don't remember the teams or where it was played but it was a full house. As the Canadian team was introduced the lights changed to gold as they got a standing ovation. A spotlight focused on the Maple Leaf as every fan stood to sing "Oh Canada". Not a dry eye in the house. If anyone knows how the game finished up, please let me know? I don't follow hockey or sports in general but I was cheering for Canada to take this one.

Queen of Poop
10-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Kevin Vickers is a humble, Canadian hero. He did his duty that he was trained for. I'm proud of him. Well done sir.