PDA

View Full Version : Surnames for pets?

BastetsMum
12-19-2002, 05:20 AM
I was wondering if your pets/cats have a surname when they go to the vet or a reminder notice sent in the mail. Bastet's full name is Argyle Princess Bastet DesertSands. Anyone else have a surname for their pet(s)?

sasvermont
12-19-2002, 05:53 AM
I changed my Abys' names when I got them. Once I knew they would not be used as breeders or show cats I decided on the "one word name" for registering. At the Vet's, when they get issued a prescription or medication, the Vet always adds my last name - Miley Smith, Graemer Smith, Gabe Smith...hehehehehe..makes me giggle every time I see the bottle/tube. Even X-rays have the sir name. My guess is that they use the name of the "payor"...on the check.....and to make appointments.....I did have a Scottish Terrier, long ago, and his name was Jacob Dougherty North (not my sir name, for sure)......He was a fine doggie and lived to be 13. My previous Aby was named Katmandu of _______ ????? <----- the breeder's cattery name.....the usual.....

yumyum6970
12-19-2002, 07:26 AM
My Yum Yum was called Yum Yum Ghostkitty Peirce and Dutchess was Dutchess Peirce :)

smokey the elder
12-19-2002, 07:39 AM
My cats don't have *official* surnames. Their unofficial surname is Getoffthetable.;) :p

TheAntiPam
12-19-2002, 10:43 AM
Winston's full name is Winston Winkle Whitewall - he was found in an old tire, hence the Winston (a brand of tires) Whitewall. Winkle comes from my hero Mr. Winkle - www.mrwinkle.com

Noodle is still growing into a bigger name - these things take time!

Cataholic
12-19-2002, 10:53 AM
Sur names, nick names, formal names, my cats have them all!

When I got the prescription filled for Tex, the bottle said, Hutchins, CAT, Texas...he he he....I wonder why mine don't say, Hutchins, HUMAN, Johanna???

hellostranger
12-19-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Sur names, nick names, formal names, my cats have them all!

Mine too! Sometimes they even have theme songs. :rolleyes:
Squirt's full name is Squirtmaster J. Cat and Lynn's full name is Lynnseed Enigma. My first furfriend's full name was Nutley Samantha Seedling. :) And of course, our newest family member, Augustus Cattus Sillyius (Gus)...

Glacier
12-19-2002, 12:22 PM
Of course they do--it's the same as mine!! When I was having tags made up for them I asked to have the surname added, the clerk looked at me like I was completely insane so I asked him "Don't your kids have last names?":D

kitten645
12-19-2002, 12:37 PM
Calvin's surname is Calvin NO! LOL

aly
12-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
My cats don't have *official* surnames. Their unofficial surname is Getoffthetable.;) :p

Haaaahahahaha! What a coincidence! That seems to be Shiloh's surname too! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-19-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by smokey the elder

:D :D

Yep, I've got Tubby Hanson and Peanut Hanson. ;) :D Terry was about rolling on the floor the first time I asked him to pick up Peanut's prescription and the bottle said Peanut Hanson. He was wondering why they didn't have his last name. I just told him when he starts cleaning out their litter boxes, they can have his last name. ;) :D

Edwina's Secretary
12-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Edwina has my husband's last name (some may recall she was suppose to be his cat....hahahahaha!.)

She acquired a middle name when I needed a witness on some papers...she signed "Edwina Rose" sooo....

She is Lady Edwina Rose Scare...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-19-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
She is Lady Edwina Rose Scare...

What an appropriate name for the little hat model. ;) :D

Uabassoon
12-19-2002, 02:31 PM
At the vet they usually just use my last name for them. So I guess they are Tibby and Corkscrew Ybarra.

Barbara
12-19-2002, 03:58 PM
Filou's name was Solo of Isis' Temple. The breeder called him Mini, because he was such a tiny boy. But I knew from the beginning that Filou would suit him better.
Tigris is just called Tigris and it is his name also in his vaccination booklet.

Miss Meow
12-19-2002, 04:01 PM
We were running late for a vet appointment the other day so I rang the surgery to let them know. I said that Pickles and Tabasco are on their way blah blah blah. She sounded really confused, then confessed when we arrived that she thought I had the wrong number and was trying to order a sandwich from her!

Our cats have Shane's surname as it's easy to spell :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-19-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
The breeder called him Mini, because he was such a tiny boy. But I knew from the beginning that Filou would suit him better.

That's so funny because Tubby's first mom called him Bitsy because he was an itsy bitsy kitty. ;) :D Needless to say he lost that name along time ago. :rolleyes: :D Also, I found out "she" was a "he" and Bitsy didn't quite sound like a "he" kind of name. :)

tuxluvr
12-19-2002, 06:47 PM
In true snob-model style, Ritz is just, well, Ritz, like Cher only not as many cosmetic enhancements :rolleyes: ;) :D

BastetsMum
12-20-2002, 02:48 AM
LAUGHS! Cher has not had many cosmetic enhancements.

The vet nurses asked if I wanted to give bastet a surname because my surname is too hard to spell in a hurry *Apparently*.

:D

Vio&Juni
12-20-2002, 04:29 AM
Juni doesn't have only a surname, she also has a patronymic (unofficially, of course) - Juni Vasilevna Casian, as her father is Vasile and my surname is Casian. Although we are not Russians, people still use here sometimes the Russain way in names.

tuxluvr
12-20-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by BastetsMum
LAUGHS! Cher has not had many cosmetic enhancements.

:D

Oh, gosh...sorry Cher...guess I should never take those gossip mags so seriously. Actually, I've always liked Cher. :rolleyes: ;)

Guess I could compare to Prince...but...no..he changed his name to a symbol or something like that...can't see Ritz going that far.

Meow, my name is >^..^<

:cool: :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
12-20-2002, 09:25 AM
Madonna?????? Charo??????

All Creatures Great And Small
12-20-2002, 09:37 AM
Yep, kitty has our last name on his records at the vet, so I guess he has a surname. Nicknames? That's another whole story. We have a mile-long list of stupid things we call him, usually thought up on the spur of the moment. Lately he's been Sparky the Spark Plug, Henry Higgins, Mama's Little Fartboy (no, he doesn't have gas:p ), Frankie Joe Franklin........:rolleyes: (I think I'm a little touched in the head:p :D )

2kitties
12-20-2002, 02:45 PM
Rocky goes by Rocky Road sometimes.

Taz, well, he's like Prince and Madonna. - just the one name is enough.

Fuzzy317
12-21-2002, 12:57 AM
Our pets have last names, usually which one took them to the vet their first time.

toughCookie
12-21-2002, 10:56 AM
my cats last names are the same as mine :)

COCatMama
12-21-2002, 04:04 PM
just says "Patient: Juneau" what's up with that?? heh
I guess Juneau's surname is White ;)