PDA

View Full Version : for those with faith

toughCookie
12-19-2002, 02:38 AM
faith is a matter of choice, of course, and as long as people are decent I don't have a problem with them, whatever their beliefs or choice, but to me I am glad I have faith, and believe in God.
I just feel it is nice to have something to believe in.:)

sasvermont
12-19-2002, 06:04 AM
Thanks for such a direct and uncomplicated statement. Thank you. Bless you.... and

Happy Holidays.....

Pam
12-19-2002, 06:06 AM
Amen! ;)

Cookiebaker
12-19-2002, 06:29 AM
Thanks toughcookie...that really helps to brighten the day! :D

zippy-kat
12-19-2002, 08:14 AM
Thanks, TC! ;)

jackiesdaisy1935
12-19-2002, 09:25 AM
Amen and Merry Christmas to Everyone
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

NoahsMommy
12-19-2002, 11:54 AM
Amen to that....God Bless you all.

sammi
12-19-2002, 12:11 PM
Thank You! Have a blessed day. Amen

ChrisH
12-19-2002, 05:28 PM
I too agree with all you wrote toughcookie.

God Bless and a Happy Holiday to everyone.:)

Soledad
12-19-2002, 08:29 PM
Happy Holidays to all! We all have faith in something, it keeps us going. We just have different names for it.

Safe holidays to you all!

shais_mom
12-19-2002, 11:46 PM
Thank you so much for that!! Happy Holidays to yourself!!

Dixieland Dancer
12-20-2002, 08:40 AM
Wonderfully put! I also believe that having faith gives me a hope and a purpose for the future. Without faith what hope to do you have? You live, you die, the end. How sad. :(

COCatMama
12-20-2002, 11:15 PM
i don't believe in God or Religions
:p

shais_mom
12-20-2002, 11:59 PM
You have made that point quite clear. That is why we started another thread! :)

COCatMama
12-21-2002, 12:17 AM
well, since so many posted their opinions in the atheist thread, I thought it only fair I post MY opinion in a religious thread.

mugsy
12-21-2002, 09:06 AM
Enjoy the season, whatever your beliefs...remember it's supposed to be the season of good cheer and giving.

Happy Holidays Pet Talkers!!

COCatMama
12-21-2002, 10:31 AM
I concur mugs! and "Merry Christmas" doesn't offend me in the least so MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! and a Happy New Year!

Cinder & Smoke
12-21-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by toughCookie
... but to me I am glad I have faith,
and believe in God.
I just feel it is nice to have something to believe in.:)

Amen!! ;)

And Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays
to ALL !! :D

gini
12-21-2002, 11:48 PM
Thank you T.C. - very beautifully stated.............

I believe in God as well and I am grateful every day for the gift of faith.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-23-2002, 08:52 PM
YES.....
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL PET TALKERS!!!!
I also believe in God and I would never want to live a second without Him!
The endless joy, comfort, peace and love could not be replaced by ANY earthly thing.
I love you Lord and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!! :)

sammi
12-23-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by gini
Thank you T.C. - very beautifully stated.............

I believe in God as well and I am grateful every day for the gift of faith.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!

toughCookie
01-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Below is something I read on the daily blessings website. I thought you might also enjoy reading it.
--------------------------------

A young man who had been raised as an atheist was training to be an Olympic diver. The only religious influence in his life came from his outspoken Christian friend. The young diver never really paid much attention to his friend's sermons, but he heard them often.

One night the diver went to the indoor pool at the college he attended. The lights were all off, but as the pool had big skylights and the moon was bright, there was plenty of light to practice by.

The young man climbed up to the highest diving board and as he turned his back to the pool on the edge of the board and extended his arms out, he saw his shadow on the wall. The shadow of his body was in the shape of a cross.

Instead of diving, he knelt down and asked God to come into his life. As the young man stood, a maintenance man walked in and turned the lights on. The pool had been drained for repairs.

Nomilynn
01-09-2003, 08:38 PM
Wow.. TC.. I'm sitting here shivering with goosebumps!!! That's a great story!

luckies4me
01-09-2003, 11:57 PM
I too have faith. I don't know where I would be without it. Thanks for the great thread. Interesting story also...:)

Soledad
01-12-2003, 07:35 PM
TC -

A nice story, but not exactly a true one. I've heard variations on it for ages and they seem to be doing the rounds on the 'net now.

Ah, well...guess it's the thought that counts?

NoahsMommy
01-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
A nice story, but not exactly a true one. I've heard variations on it for ages and they seem to be doing the rounds on the 'net now.
I would imagine it would have to come from some event....I choose to believe its truth....very nice story, thank you for sharing it. :)

shais_mom
01-13-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

I would imagine it would have to come from some event....I choose to believe its truth....very nice story, thank you for sharing it. :)
I don't see the harm in believing it. I choose to believe it also. Why not?
I agree with you Kelly.

HoRsELUvR
01-14-2003, 05:59 AM
its good that people can be open about their beliefs here.in other chat rooms, you might not even be allowed.and I beleive in God.

Cookiebaker
01-14-2003, 06:06 AM
TC -

You are right, this one has been around a while. However, it HAD to have originated somewhere, and I believe that at some time, some place it DID happen. Faith is the evidence of things NOT seen.

toughCookie
01-15-2003, 03:43 PM
TC -

Soledad, how do you know it is not true? did you see the guy at the pool and it did not happen?

as far as the variations, well, that happens with any story--true or not-- that gets told from one person to another.

anyway, I read it on the daily blessing website and liked it, wanted to share it.

Soledad
01-15-2003, 03:54 PM
It's not just a variation, it's the morphing of an old story. Not that there's anything wrong with it, and if people want to believe in it or take the message out of it, no harm done.

However, I have a problem with stories like these being interpreted as some sort of legitimate news piece. It's a nice story, and sure, maybe something similar has happened. But more often people die "unsaved".

And, yes, I guess I don't know if at any point in time in this world someone had had this exact experience, but I think that the number of these stories that I've heard that sound nearly exactly like this (atheist/non-believer turns to God just as life was in jeopardy) are more likely to be stories created by well-meaning people to show others the glories of God.

toughCookie
01-15-2003, 04:38 PM
I will agree that these things can be made up. but like they say the truth is stranger than fiction. and it is heartwarming to read these, I believe such things do happen, whether or not THAT did.
I will tell one story is is true and I am not lying. if you don't believe it , I don't care.
when I was about 16, around that age, I was in the car with my parents and some family friends, going to a national park. a truck going the opposite way, with big logs, one of them came unbundled, and I swear, it hit the road, bounced over the car in front of us, hit the road in front of our car, and bounced over us. it would have killed us if it hit the car. then it rolled to the side of the road. that scared the crap out of me.

Soledad
01-15-2003, 05:09 PM
Lots of people have a story of an accident or of some instance in which we could have lost our lives (including myself), regardless of anything to do with God. I don't see the relevance of your story in relation to the previous topic.

Why would I not believe your story? It's not exactly the stuff of mass emails or pulpit lessons.

toughCookie
01-15-2003, 06:16 PM
you know soledad, your just not worth my time or energy, so whatever.

Cookiebaker
01-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by toughCookie

when I was about 16, around that age, I was in the car with my parents and some family friends, going to a national park. a truck going the opposite way, with big logs, one of them came unbundled, and I swear, it hit the road, bounced over the car in front of us, hit the road in front of our car, and bounced over us. it would have killed us if it hit the car. then it rolled to the side of the road. that scared the crap out of me.

I think that God uses these kinds of situations to make us realize the brevity of life, and how He truly is in control of EVERYTHING! Maybe you do hear about these kinds of things, but when it happens to you, you realize what everybody is talking about. Soledad, you haven't had the "wake-up call" and I hope that someday you do.

Soledad
01-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Soledad, you haven't had the "wake-up call" and I hope that someday you do.

How do you know this?

Cookiebaker
01-15-2003, 06:41 PM
From your sarcasm on the entire subject.

Soledad
01-15-2003, 06:42 PM
I'm sorry, but I haven't been sarcastic. Or not intentionally anyways.

Cookiebaker
01-15-2003, 06:58 PM
anyway, I read it on the daily blessing website and liked it, wanted to share it.

Toughcookie, will you share the webaddress please?? I think I would like to read it. thanks!!

NoahsMommy
01-15-2003, 07:28 PM
How do you know this?
Since you asked.... :)

God calls to you, believe it or not. When I've asked the question, "If all people that don't know the Lord go to hell, what about people that weren't raised that way?" The repeated answer that I've gotten and read about is just what Cookiebaker said....He reaches out in "strange" ways...and in case we dense humans miss the first couple, He keeps trying.

Does that make any sense?

Cookiebaker
01-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Since you asked.... :)

God calls to you, believe it or not. When I've asked the question, "If all people that don't know the Lord go to hell, what about people that weren't raised that way?" The repeated answer that I've gotten and read about is just what Cookiebaker said....He reaches out in "strange" ways...and in case we dense humans miss the first couple, He keeps trying.

Does that make any sense?

Yes, Noah'sMommy...it makes a lot of sense!!! Thank you!! :D

Soledad
01-15-2003, 07:45 PM
I think what I was asking was how Cookiebaker (a stranger on the net) has the knowledge or authority to determine if I'm saved or not.

NoahsMommy
01-15-2003, 09:31 PM
She wasn't talking about being saved, she was talking about what I explained, that one day God will seek you out. It doesn't have to be in a dramatic way, like being saved from some catastrophe, it happens in small ways. For example, someone having a religous conversation with you and sharing their faith, that is a form of seeking you out.

Even though we are sought out by God many times in our life, that doesn't mean that a person will ever acccept him. Many wont.

toughCookie
01-16-2003, 12:23 PM
yes I agree, God does seek you out many times in small ways.
soledad, don't pm me again.

sammi
01-16-2003, 01:09 PM
Yes, it makes sense! Thanks for sharing it!:)

Cougie Wechsler
01-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Thanks to everyone on here for sharing your faith in God! I have really been encouraged by many of you who have posted about your faith. I personally am a Christian who knows how God has worked in my life and the lives of others around me. God Bless all of you.

toughCookie
01-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Cookiebaker
yes I will give you the link to the website, let me find it and when I get back online today I will send it to you, well I will post it for anyone that wants it. cats woke me up before the sun was even up this morning, so I'm going to take a nap...my mother is moving tomorrow, so much packing...

toughCookie
01-19-2003, 05:31 PM
ok here is the site...I think this is the one I found that story on, I was looking at a couple of sites...

http://www.daily-blessings.com/

Cookiebaker
01-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the link, Toughcookie!!! At first glance it looks like a good one...I will bookmark it, and look at it more when I have more time.

NoahsMommy
01-21-2003, 02:07 PM
Cool! Thanks Toughcookie! :)