PDA

View Full Version : Michigan - Woman battling illness needs a new home for her horses

kuhio98
10-09-2014, 10:49 AM
TUSCOLA COUNTY, MI (WNEM) -

From when they were ponies, to the horses they are now, Dawn Miller's four horses have been a big part of her life.

"These animals, they give you love, they show you love, and they appreciate you. And that's what it's all about," Miller said.

But because of trying times she's facing health-wise and personally, she is forced to make her toughest decision ever. She needs to find her horses a new home.

"It's the right thing for my animals. Not for me, because I don't want to do it, but it's the right thing for them," Miller said.

29 years ago, she fell in love with her oldest horse Sam. Then came now 28-year old Delila. Those two horses are the parents to 24-year old Butterfly and 14-year old Baby.

"Live the rest of their life out, that's what I hope for," Miller said.

Miller said two of the four horses are broken, the two oldest ones. But they haven't been saddled up in about eight years. She does say that she'd love to keep them together, because they've been together their entire lives.

"They're my heart, my soul and I love them, I just hate this, you know, it'll probably kill me when it's over with you know?" Miller said.

Miller said she wants to help with food costs for the person interested in taking them so she can still see them. But all-in-all, she hopes to find them a safe place with a lot of land so they can run free. She wants the horses to give their next family the love they've given her for all these years.

"I think about looking into their eyes and seeing how beautiful they are and how much love they can give you," Miller said.

If you want to help, call Dawn Miller at 989-912-5961. http://www.wnem.com/story/26731033/woman-needs-a-new-home-for-her-horses?hpt=us_bn9

Karen
10-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Aww, what a sad story! Hopefully someone will be able to help!