PDA

View Full Version : Sam to the whitecoats again for his stomatitis.

mrspunkysmom
09-29-2014, 03:38 PM
Sam to the whitecoats again for his stomatitis.

I like this new vet. Got a depo shot, some clindamycin liquid, and told to ask for more in a few weeks to see if that will help. He would rather do that than unnecessary surgery and deprive him of his teeth.

And some senior bloodwork for 155 total. This group also likes male cats to get wet food since it helps their bladder clear out faster.

Pic of Sam resting to follow.

phesina
09-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Sending along prayers and good wishes and healing energies for dear Sam!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

catmandu
09-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Our Awesome Eternal Angel Companions will send a Committee to help Sam, to recover and be a Healthy Cat again.:love::love:

sallyandsnowx
09-30-2014, 11:57 AM
Sending wishes for a quick recovery! :love:

mrspunkysmom
10-01-2014, 09:42 PM
thank you. He is doing much better. I was concerned because cats go downhill fast and Sam is a large guy, but not fat anymore. It is indeed stomatitis. and he got a depo shot and some clindamycin. Of course, he would have to snort some up his nostrils, and then I feel lousy for making him lousy.

He's eating normal now. Sometimes I think cats play sicker than they are to see if we care. It still wouldn't change what I do.

smokey the elder
10-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Clindamycin may be vile tasting to a cat but it works very well!

mrspunkysmom
10-04-2014, 01:18 AM
Clindamycin may be vile tasting to a cat but it works very well!

I felt so bad for him, and I'm wondering how much he was playing it up. He snorted it up his nostrils or inhaled it one, and he had the hiccoughs for an hour or so. :D

Karen
10-04-2014, 02:05 PM
So glad he's feeling better, so you must be, too!

mrspunkysmom
10-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Oh yeah, two down three to go. Whew!