PDA

View Full Version : George made a BIG MESS

kaycountrygal
09-26-2014, 01:06 PM
What a day with George!!! Just when I think that cat can't do anything else that causes a problem, I am proven wrong. I need to vent!

I heard a noise in the kitchen and went in to check. I couldn't believe my eyes. He had knocked a quart glass jar of our delicious honey (we have bee hives) onto the floor where it broke - AND - the container of Cheerios at the same time. Both were on the floor--sticky gooey mess!! I thought I had them out of the way as I had moved them one time before; I was wrong. That cat can go anywhere.

I grabbed the camera and thought I've got to share this with PetTalk. Then we got two wastecans, a dust pan, paper towels, a spatula, and mop, blocked off the area from the two dogs, and proceeded to clean up the honey and Cheerios, being careful not to cut ourselves from the glass or step in sticky honey. Bees love honey so we took the honey and the paper towels outside where the bees will find it and eat the honey. I'm tired.

Karen
09-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Yikes - maybe he was trying to make some treats for you, the healthier equivalent of Rice Krispies treats with honey instead of marshmallow and Cheerios instead of Rice?

mon
09-26-2014, 02:26 PM
What a mess to clean up, no wonder you're tired! :rolleyes: George doesn't appear to be showing any signs of remorse whatsoever either. Definitely a sign he's a normal young cat. Well he's now Brat of the Day!

cassiesmom
09-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Uh oh, George! Sounds like a case for Amigo, kitty lawyer ...
I only see the broken jar, the honey on the floor, the Cheerios, and a curious kitty ;)

maid25cats
09-26-2014, 07:34 PM
AWWW
It looks like George is trying to help clean up by eating the Cheerios :D

Freedom
09-26-2014, 08:51 PM
Well, Kay, I guess you WERE a bit thrown by this -- you've posted a George story in the DOG forum! :D

George is a character, I can't believe he was right there for the photo shoot as well! I'm sure you said SOMETHING to him, that coming after the crash! would have sent many a kitty racing from the room. Oh boy, this fella is going to give you loads of laughs and some work too. LOL

chocolatepuppy
09-26-2014, 10:24 PM
If he'd have just thrown some nuts in the mix, you'd have had honey nut cheerios. ;)

Freedom
09-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Ha ha haaa, love it, Annette, good one!

kaycountrygal
09-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Sat 9.27.14
Oh My Goodness! Freedom/Sandy just pointed out that I posted my George CAT story in the DOG section. Just shaking my head! George has just about depleted my brain :) with his antics every day. I'm a senior and George is aging me fast LOL :). No, Still he's a good boy; he is just being a cat and I should have had the honey and cereal in a more secure place. Just about every morning I find something out of place thanks to George. This morning he had pushed over the wastecan and stuff was on the floor.

I knew somebody would say something about "honey nut cheerios" and I wasn't disappointed. I'd already said it to myself (laughing). Thanks chocolate puppy.

Yes, Sandy, I did say/YELL some words at him but I can't print them here; they weren't nice but it was in the heat of the moment. Really, What a mess! Had to mop 4x after cleaning up the mix/mess.

Thanks everybody for your comments.

Karen
09-28-2014, 07:47 AM
I have moved the thread into Cat General!

phesina
09-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Oh my goodness, Georgie boy! Aren't you just a little scamp! (Hey, he's a CAT.. a still-growing kitten. Comes with the territory.)

Cats everywhere are admiring your feat here!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::l ove:

Catty1
09-28-2014, 09:33 AM
...and there's George just sniffing the Cheerios container as if there should be some more in there!

Good thing he's so cute, huh? ;):D

Randi
09-28-2014, 09:35 AM
Oh dear, all that delicious honey and it's just the worst to clean up, but you won't get bored with George around. :D

katladyd
09-28-2014, 01:11 PM
I remember thigs like this happening all too well. Thank goodness Kimba's now a big boy! I ws recently offered a free kitten. Ummm...no thanks. I want my next kitty to be at least 2-years-old.:rolleyes:

lizbud
09-29-2014, 04:41 PM
Oh boy George, you do look very concerned with that interesting combination of honey & Cheerios. Like, "how did that happen?":D

mrspunkysmom
09-29-2014, 04:56 PM
It's okay George. It just fell, right? Mr Spunky can testify to that. Why things fall of mom's desk all the time. :D wink

catmandu
09-30-2014, 09:24 AM
I had to move the Radio as My Cats were always landing on it , turning it on or off and turning off the alarm.
Every once and a while there will be a ruckus and something will go flying.
RIP Toaster:(