PDA

View Full Version : Need help - Don Juan to go to whitecoats

Don Juan's mom
09-22-2014, 05:38 PM
My beautiful baby boy Don Juan is now about 15 years old. Over the past few weeks, he has gotten VERY thin and is walking with difficulty, although he is still eating and drinking. If you can help, please do.

http://www.gofundme.com/evrqh8

kuhio98
09-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Crossposting and sharing. We'll do everything we can to get Don Juan to the vet.

I wonder if it is kidney failure? It seems that all kitties have kidney problems if they are lucky enough to have long lives.

Karen
09-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Aww, you and he will be in our prayers!

Catty1
09-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Just in case it is his kidneys, here is a thread on Renavast, which you might ask your vet about.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?185304-Renavast-Kidney-health-for-dogs-and-cats

All I can send are prayers, and I am sending all I can to you and dear Don Juan! :love::love::love:

catmandu
09-23-2014, 09:20 AM
It is going to be Vet Time soon at the Found Cat Hotel so all we can send is prayers for your Dear Don Juan, one of our favorites on Cat General.
It is so hard when our Cats show their age.:(

Don Juan's mom
09-23-2014, 11:13 AM
I suspect it is his kidneys. He's gone downhill just in the past day. I just made an appointment to take him to the vet tomorrow and say goodbye.

Catty1
09-23-2014, 12:52 PM
I suspect it is his kidneys. He's gone downhill just in the past day. I just made an appointment to take him to the vet tomorrow and say goodbye.

:( Oh no. I am so so very sorry. Gentle {{{hugs}}} Don Juan will be surrounded by love. I hope his passing is peaceful. :love:

katladyd
09-23-2014, 01:34 PM
My RB Mac was between 15-17 years old when this happened to him. He was taking meds for hyperthyroid but the vet said it was either his kidneys or his liver that failed him. If Don Juan is not urinating large amounts it could be his liver. Either way, it is old age based.:( I did not take Mac to the vets. Right before payday, he passed sleeping next to me on the bed. I am sending up prayers for both you and Don Juan.:love::love:

cassiesmom
09-23-2014, 03:11 PM

I am sending you huge hugs. This sounds very similar to Cassie in early June. Sweet Don Juan, I am saying big prayers for you and your mom. :love: :love: :love: :love:

sallyandsnowx
09-23-2014, 04:26 PM

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this. :( Sending lots of prayers to you and Don Juan. :love:

Karen
09-23-2014, 04:42 PM
You and he will be in our prayers.

mrspunkysmom
09-23-2014, 11:26 PM
Hugs and Prayers for Don Juan and his mom. :love:

catmandu
09-24-2014, 09:09 AM
It is the saddest part of befriending and loving a Pet and that is the inevitable fact that we will outlive them and have that horrible sad decision of knowing when to say goodbye.
You had a Very Good Life , Don Juan , and all of Our Eternal Awesome Angel Companions will there there to greet you.
How sad it is that our Pets cannot live forever:(

mrspunkysmom
09-24-2014, 12:29 PM
More hugs and prayers for today. Play hard at the Bridge, Don Juan! :love:

phesina
09-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Sending prayers and love to Don Juan and you. Blessings to you both.

Love and hugs and purrs from Pat and cats :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: