PDA

View Full Version : Our little Olivia Hamster is leaving us

Logan
12-18-2002, 12:35 PM
Old age has caught up with our precious girl. :( She is sufferring and if she is still with us tomorrow (when the vet is back at work), I will be taking her in so that she can travel quickly and with no pain, to the Rainbow Bridge. It is so sad that hamsters, who are so precious and fun have to leave us in such a short amount of time. Olivia is about two years old. :(

Please keep her in your prayers.

Logan

Cinder & Smoke
12-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Wishing Olivia a safe trip to the Rainbow Bridge.
We're sure God will have a Christmas stocking hanging up for her on the Bridge railing.

{{{Huggs}}} to Momma Logan and Helen.

/s/ Phred & the FurKids

momoffuzzyfaces
12-18-2002, 01:22 PM
Leroy will gladly make room on God's lap for her and my hammie, Calhoon, will show her around and introduce her to all the pet's at the Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure, like Phred said, there will be a special Christmas stocking just for her filled with the love you all gave her and are sending with her.

tatsxxx11
12-18-2002, 01:31 PM
Safe journey to the Bridge, precious Olivia. I know Helen and your Mommy will miss their little girl very much:( Look for my FiFi...he's white with red eyes and will welcome you with open paws. Bless you dear, sweet Olivia

zippy-kat
12-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Prayers for Olivia and her family on the way!

Randi
12-18-2002, 01:50 PM
I wish little Olivia a safe journey to the RB! I'm sure it's the right decision - she won't suffer, and Olivia will be welcomed by all the other pets with treats waiting! :)

Hugs to you Logan and Helen! :)

lizbud
12-18-2002, 02:26 PM
Safe journey to Rainbow Bridge sweet Olivia.

Hugs & prayers to Logan, Helen & family.

Pam
12-18-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Wishing Olivia a safe trip to the Rainbow Bridge.
We're sure God will have a Christmas stocking hanging up for her on the Bridge railing.

{{{Huggs}}} to Momma Logan and Helen.

/s/ Phred & the FurKids

What a sweet thought Phred! {{{Hugs}}} to you Logan and everyone in your home as you get ready to wish Olivia a safe trip to the RB. I know there are 4 special poodles ready to welcome her as she arrives.

aly
12-18-2002, 02:42 PM
I am so sorry :( I hope Olivia's last day will be as comfortable as possible. Give Helen a hug from me :(

Prayers for Olivia are on the way.

jenluckenbach
12-18-2002, 02:57 PM
Prayers for a peaceful passing dear Olivia. You brought a lot of joy in your short life, of that you can be sure.

Logan
12-18-2002, 09:19 PM
I am beating myself up a bit..........I have waited too long. But she has been drinking and eating, just not very active. And she rarely comes out of her little box. And when she does, if I try to hold her, she gets so upset and agitated that I haven't pushed it. We have done spot cleaning in her pen in order not to disturb her or cause her distress. Tonight, I realized she is in much worse shape than I even thought and I am nervous about even trying to pick her up in the morning. The guilt of having this little girl suffer one day is just about more than I can stand. I wish I had pursued it further and forced her out of her little house so I could check her over in the last few days.

Please pray that she will go quietly tonight and not suffer anymore. I am so ashamed of myself for letting it go this long and not realizing just how bad off she is. :( :(

popcornbird
12-18-2002, 09:54 PM
I'm so sorry. :( Its so sad that hamsters have such short lifespans and have to leave their families at a very early age. You are doing the best you can for her. I hope all will be well. :(:(:( Poor baby.

Logan
12-19-2002, 09:52 AM
Our little Livvy passed over to the Rainbow Bridge this morning about 10:30. Thank you for thinking of her. :(

gini
12-19-2002, 10:07 AM
Lut has given us this beautiful thought - that on Christmas the sky will be bright with stars and it is our furkids celebrating Christmas.

Logan, please don't be too hard on yourself. All of us know exactly how you feel and it is hard to accept that it is time to make a difficult decision.

Olivia is truly pain free now and I am sure very busy getting to know all of our furkids who are there too.

And, she has a stocking for Christmas waiting just for her as Phred so beautifully has mentioned.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-19-2002, 12:55 PM
Believe me I know the feeling of guilt. I did the same when Leroy passed. But I believe and always have that the day we pass over is all ready set, even for animals. It doesn't matter if they go on their own or are 'helped over', it is their day to go home. I mentioned to God last night and again this morning that a very special hammie named Olivia, would be coming home to Him soon and please send a very special angel to help her over. Of course He all ready knew she was coming and I'm sure she was greeted with many cuddles and kisses. She's probably helping decorate the Rainbow Bridge for Christmas right now.
Prayers are with you and Helen. I know how hard it is to let them go but the love always remains.

zippy-kat
12-19-2002, 01:26 PM
It's been 2 months to the day since I found out I lost my Sophie. She, too, went at 10.30 (though PM not AM). I'm sure she is there comforting Olivia, the much loved hammie.

My thoughts and well wishes are with all of you.

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-19-2002, 02:51 PM
Logan, My most sincere sympathies to you and Helen on the passing of Olivia. I know you will miss her greatly.

tatsxxx11
12-19-2002, 06:00 PM
I'm so sorry Logan:(:( Please, do not be hard on yourself. Olivia had the best home a hammie could ever hope for. We are all so torn when it comes to deciding the right time. We love them so and don't want to lose them:( I know that my hammie FiFi and Phoebe and Evelyn are there to greet Olivia with loving hammie kisses. Tonight the sky WILL be brighter with the beautiful light of Olivia. Run happy, whole and free sweet little soul. You were so very loved. We will miss you. Love, Sandra

Logan
12-19-2002, 06:36 PM
You guys are so sweet and understanding. I am mostly sad that I didn't help her earlier. She was the saddest, most pitiful thing I have ever seen. :( But I do take comfort in knowing that she is without pain tonight. Thank you.

Logan

Karen
12-19-2002, 09:02 PM
Perhap Vadim, our old Siberian Dwarf hamster, will welcome her at the Rainbow Bridge, and show her to the Happy Hamster places he is sure to have found.

AmberLee
12-19-2002, 09:46 PM
{{{Logan, Olivia, all your family}}},

Holding you in our thoughts and prayers. My 'Queen Victoria' hamster (RB, she was NEVER amused) will be rustling about for sweet little Olivia, too.

Tweety_Pie
03-20-2003, 07:44 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss:( i know how you feal. when my hamster passed on I was really upset. but don't worry all the other hammies at the rainbow bridge will guide her around and take very good care of her.

slick
03-20-2003, 08:03 PM
Save trip to the RB little one! Up there you will be young again and feel no more pain. So sorry for your pain Logan. Can you post some pics for me to see?? I'm sure Olivia would love to know that she's on the net??

wolfsoul
03-21-2003, 12:38 AM
I'm so sorry :(
I can't even imagine the pain I will feel when it's my babies' times to go :( and rats have quite short life spans too :(

I'm sorry...

Logan
03-21-2003, 09:49 AM
I was so surprised when I saw this bumped back up. I will see if I can find a picture of Olivia and share it with you, Slick.

Apache reminded me a lot of Olivia, though. She was the same color. :) A most beautiful girl!!!

http://petoftheday.com/archive/2003/March/12.jpg

*LabLoverKEB*
03-21-2003, 09:28 PM
Oh, Logan, I am so sorry to hear about your dear Olivia. How upsetting for you and your family. I remember when my hamster, Squeeks, died.

I have 1 quick question, how many other pets do you have? (Is really embarrased to ask this wuestion!:o ) With so many members, it's kinda hard to keep track!

*LabLoverKEB*
03-21-2003, 09:35 PM
Oh, Logan, I am so sorry to hear about your dear Olivia. How upsetting for you and your family. I remember when my hamster, Squeeks, died.

I have 1 quick question, how many other pets do you have? (Is really embarrased to ask this wuestion!:o ) With so many members, it's kinda hard to keep track!

shellonabeach
03-24-2003, 04:44 PM
I had to let our dwarf hamster Sweep go today, he was only a year old.

I hope that he and Olivia have made friends and are taking care of each other.

Sarah

wolfsoul
03-24-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by shellonabeach
I had to let our dwarf hamster Sweep go today, he was only a year old.

I hope that he and Olivia have made friends and are taking care of each other.

Sarah

Awww, I'm sorry :( Was he sick? :(

tikeyas_mom
03-24-2003, 07:59 PM
what is wronge with her? 2 years is an old age for a hamster, but mine have been kknown to live for 3-4 years. I am very sorry your hamster is getting old. but you never know she might live another week, month, year even, my hamster Sper was almost 3 when I thought he was gunna die, he lived for another year and he is still alive. Good luck I hope she makes it through the night to see a good vet !!

shellonabeach
03-25-2003, 08:15 AM
Wolfsoul,

Yes he was sick, one day he was fine the next he was really sick and had lost so much weight.

Yesterday he went to the vets in the morning (the second visit since he got sick) she said he had a tumour on his scent gland and if I could get his strength up she would operate, he collapsed a few hours later and we had to let him go - he had had another stroke.

Thanks for the kind words
sarah

tikeyas_mom
03-26-2003, 10:58 PM
=hey sarah, I am soo sorry that your ham passed. Now he's on rainbow bridge playing with losta hammies and my mousy SAM_I_AM, that died 3 years ago :(. I am soo sorry.

iwuvsmypuppy
04-01-2003, 09:28 PM
i know all the animals are having fun together in the RB>> Isabell told me so when i dreamed about her last nite:( :) :D ;)